- Toy hyena (small and plastic, hard to get so you could make one)
- Pen or pencil
- Colouring crayons, pens, pencils etc.
- Something familiar with hyenas (love of, connection with etc.)
Casting Instructions for 'Hyena familiar'
1. Hold your hyena toy. Look at it. Close your eyes and breathe in and out. imagine a hyena, running, sleeping, anything like that.
2. Put the hyena toy down, then set the full page of the paper in front of you.
3. All hyenas look different, their stripes or spots are not the same as another hyena. They can be different shades of brown, too. Draw either an aardwolf, a brown hyena, a striped hyena or a spotted hyena. it MUST be accurate. Look at the details of hyena pictures, eg. pale areas, areas without patterns, areas with different colours etc. This is why it must be drawn. if you can't draw well, just do a cartoon or whatever hyena. But the colours must be right. Anyway, start drawing your hyena.
4. When you have finished drawing, fold the paper in half and write these details on one side of the folded paper:
Species of hyena (first write the scientific/latin name, then the normal 1)
More good or evil
5. Fold it in half again. On the side you have now, write this:
"I shall only see, hear, and sense (name of your hyena familiar).
(name again) shall stay with me forever.
(name) shall never betray me.
(name) will always talk to me when i want (him/her) to, and will always be with me.
(he/she) will never stray away from me, and will be there for me, my only friend in a time of no friends.
(he/she) will protect me always.
(name), come to me, my friend, protector, familiar.
(name), come soon, come to my aid.
I need you."
Fold the paper, and write your familiar's name on it.
6. Put the paper under your pillow for one night. Before you go to bed that night, unfold the paper to the spell and say it once. Fold the paper back, then put the paper back under your pillow.
7. In the morning, look at your familiar's name on the paper (the last fold you did has its name on, remember?) and unfold the paper and look at your picture. Fold it up again, and store the paper in a safe place.
8. Wait for your familiar to come. The minimum time is 3 hours, the maximum is 3 days. When it does arrive, it will be after you've fallen asleep. You MIGHT (not will, MIGHT) have a dream that has something to do with that species of hyena, from someone saying its name to it being in the dream. When you wake up, it will be by your bed or in your room. it will walk up to you and greet you. Remember, only you can see, hear, and sense it. Then you can begin life with your hyena familiar.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Please report any violations of copyright via our contact page.