What is an aura?
An aura is an electromagnetic field of energy surrounding living things that consists of a blend of colors reflecting aspects of a persons personality and emotional state. A persons aura is constantly changing as your life is always changing. Researchers have traced a belief in auras dating back to biblical times and can be seen depicted in Christian art. Light surrounding celestial beings can be seen throughout the centuries in multiple cultures around the world. The concept of an aura is not just held within religious and occult beliefs but is believed to have some scientific basis. Some consider the most important experimental investigations into the subject to have been conducted by Dr. Walter J. Kilner (1847-1920) of St. Thomas Hospital in London and he published a book titled The Human Atmosphere in 1911.
The 5 Divisions
There are said to be 5 parts or divisions of an aura: health, vital, karmic, character, and spiritual nature
- Health aura : The health aura is known as being almost colorless, but becomes more radiant. It is composed of many straight lines radiating evenly in all directions from the body.
- Vital aura : Vital auras are said to be controlled by the will. It is seen first as a rosy tint which then grows into a bluish tint once it reaches the outer astral body.
- Karmic aura : This is the mirror in which every feeling and every desire is reflected. This is seen represented by many colors constantly changing. An outburst of anger will charge the aura with deep red flashes on a dark background. Sudden terror with change the aura's color to a ghastly grey.
- Character aura : This aura is said to hold all of the keys to past lives and to your own personality.
- Spiritual Nature aura : Most of the time this aura is not seen, even by those whom can usually see auras. It is said that only those who hold the power of nature can see it. It outshines all of the other auras with a startling brilliancy.
Aura Color Meanings
- RED AURA COLOR MEANING : Relates to the physical body, heart or circulation. The densest color, it creates the most friction. Friction attracts or repels; money worries or obsessions; anger or unforgiveness; anxiety or nervousness.
- Deep Red : Grounded, realistic, active, strong will-power, survival-oriented.
- Muddied red : Anger (repelling)
- Clear red : Powerful, energetic, competitive, sexual, passionate
- Pink-bright and light : Loving, tender, sensitive, sensual, artistic, affection, purity, compassion, new or revived romantic relationship. Can indicate clairaudience.
- Dark and murky pink : Immature and/or dishonest nature
- Orange Red : Confidence, creative power
- In a good, bright and pure state, red energy can serve as a healthy ego.
- ORANGE AURA COLOR : Relates to reproductive organs and emotions. The color of vitality, vigor, good health and excitement. Lots of energy and stamina, creative, productive, adventurous, courageous, outgoing social nature; currently experiencing stress related to appetites and addictions.
- Orange-Yellow : Creative, intelligent, detail oriented, perfectionist, scientific.
- YELLOW AURA COLOR MEANING : Relates to the spleen and life energy. It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going.
- Light or pale yellow : Emerging psychic and spiritual awareness; optimism and hopefulness; positive excitement about new ideas.
- Bright lemon-yellow : Struggling to maintain power and control in a personal or business relationship; fear of losing control, prestige, respect, and/or power.
- Clear gold metallic, shiny and bright : Spiritual energy and power activated and awakened; an inspired person.
- Dark brownish yellow or gold : A student or one who is straining at studying; overly analytical to the point of feeling fatigued or stressed; trying to make up for "lost time" by learning everything all at once.
- GREEN AURA COLOR MEANING : Relates to heart and lungs. It is a very comfortable, healthy color of nature. When seen in the aura this usually represents growth and balance, and most of all, something that leads to change. Love of people, animals, nature; teacher; social
- Bright emerald green : A healer, also a love-centered person
- Yellow-Green : Creative with heart, communicative
- Dark or muddy forest green : Jealousy, resentment, feeling like a victim of the world; blaming self or others; insecurity and low self-esteem; lack of understanding personal responsibility; sensitive to perceived criticism
- Turquoise : Relates to the immune system. Sensitive, compassionate, healer, therapist.
- BLUE AURA COLOR MEANING : Relates to the throat, thyroid. Cool, calm, and collected. Caring, loving, love to help others, sensitive, intuitive.
- Soft blue : Peacefulness, clarity and communication, truthful; intuitive
- Bright royal blue : Clairvoyant; highly spiritual nature; generous; on the right path; new opportunities are coming
- Dark or muddy blue : Fear of the future; fear of self-expression; fear of facing or speaking the truth
- INDIGO AURA COLOR MEANING : Relates to the third eye, visual and pituitary gland. Intuitive, sensitive, deep feeling.
- VIOLET AURA COLOR MEANING : Relates to crown, pineal gland and nervous system. The most sensitive and wisest of colors. This is the intuitive color in the aura, and reveals psychic power of attunement with self-intuitive, visionary, futuristic, idealistic, artistic, magical.
- LAVENDER AURA COLOR MEANING : Imagination, visionary, daydreamer, etheric.
- SILVER AURA COLOR MEANING : This is the color of abundance, both spiritual and physical. Lots of bright silver can reflect to plenty of money, and/or awakening of the cosmic mind.
- Bright metallic silver : Receptive to new ideas; intuitive; nurturing
- Dark and muddy gray : Residue of fear is accumulating in the body, with a potential for health problems, especially if gray clusters seen in specific areas of the body
- GOLD AURA COLOR MEANING : The color of enlightenment and divine protection. When seen within the aura, it says that the person is being guided by their highest good. It is divine guidance. Protection, wisdom, inner knowledge, spiritual mind, intuitive thinker.
- BLACK AURA COLOR MEANING : Draws or pulls energy to it and in so doing, transforms it. It captures light and consumes it. Usually indicates long-term unforgiveness (toward others or another) collected in a specific area of the body, which can lead to health problems; also, entities within a person's aura, chakras, or body; past life hurts; unreleased grief from abortions if it appears in the ovaries
- WHITE AURA COLOR MEANING : Reflects other energy. A pure state of light. Often represents a new, not yet designated energy in the aura. Spiritual, etheric and non-physical qualities, transcendent, higher dimensions. Purity and truth; angelic qualities.
- White sparkles or flashes of white light can indicate that the person is pregnant or will be soon.
- EARTH AURA COLORS : Soil, wood, mineral, plant. These colors display a love of the Earth, of being grounded and is seen in those who live and work on the outdoors....construction, farming, etc. These colors are important and are a good sign.
- RAINBOWS : Rainbow-colored stripes, sticking out like sunbeams from the hand, head or body: A Reiki healer, or a star person (someone who is in the first incarnation on Earth)
- PASTELS : A sensitive blend of light and color, more so than basic colors. Shows sensitivity and a need for serenity.
- DIRTY BROWN OVERLAY : Holding on to energies. Insecurity.
- DIRTY GRAY OVERLY : Blocking energies. Guardedness.
Technique to see auras provided by HannaJaide
- The first step is to locate a white object to use as a background.
- Second place your finger against the white background and stare at your nail.
- It may take time but soon you should begin to see colors surrounding your finger or nail.
A similar technique consists of holding your hands in front of your eyes, in dim light, until a white aura/outline becomes visible. With practice you should become aware of other colors over time and some people practice with inanimate objects, such as fruit.
http://www.spellsofmagic.com/coven_ritual.html?ritual=2297&coven=493 (Article by RainCaller about aura color meanings)
http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/trick_spells/invisibility_spells/12137/page.html (Article by HannaJaide about learning to see auras)