|Join :||Accepting Applications|
Through Hardships to the Stars Seize the Day
Welcome to Raven's Gate
We are not just a coven, we are a family. We focus on our members, believing that we are all equal, from member to priest/ess. Raven's Gate is not a place for cliques or elitists; we try to involve every member in every decision we make as a coven, and not just exclusive to the council. Every member can be a teacher, and every council member remains a student of the craft.
We are in the process of regenerating the coven, and we will continue to better the coven until we have created an environment that practitioners from all paths may appreciate and benefit from. You can help us to manifest our coven's vision for the future.
Why should you join our coven?
- We are all about action, we don't just say well do something, we are the coven to actually bring our ideas into fruition, and physically implement them.
- We are a family, a support system, here to create lasting friendships that are not bound by distance, time, or lack of resources.
- We do activities as a coven, e.g. our monthly coven vigil held every new moon, where members are encouraged to light a candle to connect to the coven.
- We are highly democratic, allowing all members to vote on important decisions affecting the direction of the coven. This is because we believe all membership is equal, whether they are council position, priest/ess, or just a member.
- For the coven's active learning environment, we are developing our own coven Discord server to create learning spaces and virtual classrooms.
Our forums are filled with experiences, knowledge, insight, and advice. We encourage good natured debates or discussions, sharing credible resources, and creating quality articles that can be perused by current and future generations of coven members.
The subjects that we discuss and share cannot be listed in bullet point form. We are witches, shamans, spirit-workers, catholics, heathens, spiritualists, and those who wish to learn in a group environment. We are supported by members with years of experience in life and magic, motivated by the inexperienced, and willing to learn. You will find right-hand practitioners conversing with left hand practitioners, and you will see how our bond through learning conquers all.
We respect the sciences, we love the arts, we remain open-minded, and we are united.
We are an active coven, and all members are to take responsibility for their participation in Raven's Gate. That being said, we recognize that things happen in our friend's lives and that they may be away from the coven for a brief period of time. Participation includes logging in consistently (to either SoM or Discord), regular contributions, and hanging out in chat a couple times a week, once a month at a minimum.
Any contributions to the coven forums are expected to be unbiased and include reputable sources. We encourage scientific method as well as art, believing that magick and science are closely interlinked.
We communicate through honest, open and trusting dialogue.
Members of Raven's Gate are expected to conduct themselves with the highest level of maturity and respect when using the public portions of the site. The rules of the website will be acknowledged and adhered to. Any member found dishonouring them, lying, or being gagged, will face removal.
Raven's Gate Membership
If you're interested in becoming a member of Raven's Gate, please keep a few things in mind before submitting an application:
- We require all members to have a short biography about themselves and a profile picture. Applicants with incomplete profiles will be denied an interview or acceptance
- You will need to submit an application form to the priest and priestess, in addition to clicking the apply button. You will not be auto-accepted.
- Joining the coven Discord server is not compulsory, but is highly recommended as you may miss out on events and teaching resources.
Keeping this all in mind, we are a non-exclusive coven, and only deny applications if we feel the applicant would be better suited in a separate coven, or if we feel they lack the understanding of what it means to be a part of a coven.
If you would like to join Raven's Gate please fill out and send the questionnaire (listed below) to both of the leaders of Raven's Gate and they will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Tell us about yourself, how would you describe yourself? E.g. your age, preferred pronouns, personality, etc.
- When did you start magic? What made you interested? What are you interested in learning in the future?
- What areas of magic would you consider yourself most knowledgeable in? (don't worry if you're just a beginner)
- What do you hope to learn by joining Raven's Gate?
- What do you hope to contribute to Raven's Gate?
- Is there any other information you'd like us to know?
Please mail your application to the priest and priestess.
With outstretched hands of familial support,
The Members of Council from Raven's Gate