This tell's you about mabon and some things you could do and what the meaning is. Enjoy.
Mabon (Fall equinox)
It is the time of the autumn equinox, and the harvest is winding down. The fields are nearly empty, because the crops have been plucked and stored for the coming winter. Mabon is the mid-harvest festival, and it is when we take a few moments to honor the changing seasons, and celebrate the second harvest. On or around September 21, for many Pagan and Wiccan traditions it is a time of giving thanks for the things we have, whether it is abundant crops or other blessings. It is a changing of the season and in some of the wiccan ur pagan religions the holly god is slowly dying, in other wiccan religions they see it as a time for the god to rule instead of the goddess, or via the god sacrivicing himself for the people.
Some worship ideas : Ritual, wand making, raking, apple picking, reflecting, and relaxing.
Why you should do these:
1) Ritual : You should do ritual on mabon to reflect on your progress and plan for samhain (sow-en) the new year. You should also do this to connect with the energies, things, and people around you and thank the gods.
2) wand making : Wand making is a good idea since it's ganna be winter soon. You could gather up a whole handful of sticks and save then for offerings or wands for different years. It also helps be thankful for having supplies
3) Raking : You should rake and clean your house for it gets rid of negative energies and it let's you reflect on the things you have found in nature and used within your home. It is also a good idea to rake becauseuur usually starts to snow in October or November and its the last month of pure heat.
4) Apple picking : This is a good activity for it helps with food and you get the last harvest. You also have time to be thankful that you have food.
5) Reflecting/relaxing : You should do this for it let's you think, and plan for the year coming ahead.
So that is a little bit of mabin sauce for you. This is a good time to also buy tea for winter since tea is made from the grounds and since October is a new year. You want to plan and have supplies till spring.
Colors for mabon : Brown, yellow, red, green, and tan.
Sticks: oak, apple, cedderwood, and pine.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
CraCraIzzy has been a member of the site for 9 years, since Apr 15, 2014
* All information on this page is provided by the coven or person named and the contents of this page is not mediated by the administrators of the website. Please use common sense when following any directions
on this page. Do not ingest anything which does not seem safe. If you suspect the content of this page to be intentionally deceiving please contact us immediately.