Planetary Association: Mercury
Magickal Uses: clairvoyance, cleansing, consecration, happiness, healing, love, money, passion, peace, peace of mind, protection, psychic protection, purification, tranquility.
Other magickal uses: blessings, chastity, divination, dreams, energy, gentleness, good luck, grieving, harmony, keeping secrets, magic (esp. to increase the duration of a spell), meditation, memory, psychic development, retention, sleep, stability, virility.
Lore: Attributed by some to Hecate, Saturn, and snake goddesses.
- Lavender is often associated with love spells, as well as for workings to bring calmness and peace.
- Lavender in the home brings peace, joy and healing. Great in sleep pillows and bath spells.
- Believed to preserve chastity when mixed with rosemary.
- Lavender is an excellent meditation herb. Burning lavender incense during meditation can help you to relax, open your mind, and free yourself.
- Lavender is a frequent addition to healing sachets, especially bath mixtures, and is added to incense to cause sleep.
- Lavender deters fleas and moths.
- Lavender is a great antibiotic, antidepressant, sedative and detoxify. Stimulates the immune system.
- Dried lavender leaves are great for placing into mojo bags, stuffed animals, or sewn into pillows to aid in sleep. This is a great idea for anyone who perhaps suffers from nightmares, as lavender is a protection herb that helps to ward off negative energies.
- Lavender also acts as a tonic and may be used for colds, chills, and the flu.
- Lavender can also heighten your psychic senses. Using it in conjunction with an amethyst stone during ritual may help you achieve a higher level of innate psychic ability.