I need help...

[ INFO ]
[admin] Petrarca : Welcome to You must be a logged in member to use the live chat feature. Sign up for free now.

[ INFO ]

[ SHOP ]
SpellsOfMagic now has an online store, offering over 9000 wiccan, pagan and occult items. Check it out.
Waxing Crescent Moon
Waxing Crescent
25% Full
Forums -> Other Spells Discussion -> I need help...

I need help...
Post # 1
I'm in constant pain and fear. Ever since last June I have been having stomach trouble. It's a horrible fire like feeling in my upper abdomen, followed by vomiting (and vomiting does not make me feel any form of relief either). I have gone to the ER twice now because the symptoms keep coming back. A CT scan was done, and they said I had gastritis. I take Omeperazole (Prilosec) twice a day. an acid reducer once a day before a meal, and I try to eat small meals. I've cut out dairy, acidic foods, spicy foods, and I don't take pain relievers.

I also have terrible anxiety, so now, whenever I start to feel the symptoms coming on (or I think they're coming on when they aren't), I have full blown panic attacks, which just make the symptoms worse.

I don't know what to do anymore... I'm at a loss, and I admit to having suicidal thoughts. I have called the crisis lines a few times now to talk to someone about these feelings. I don't have a plan to hurt myself, but those feelings are there...

I'm scared. I'm so tired of being scared... please don't come into this thread and berate me. I don't need that right now, I beg you. I could really use some friends... I don't have any.

And I don't mail me about some powerful so-and-so from WHEREVER who could heal me for a fee. I don't have any money anyway, so leave me alone with that crap, thank you.
Login or Signup to reply to this post.

Re: I need help...
By: Moderator / Knowledgeable
Post # 2
Magic and the like will not replace medical aid. Speak to your primary physician about this and make every effort you can to see a specialist who can help you with this problem. Sooner, rather than later.
Login or Signup to reply to this post.

Re: I need help...
Post # 3
I have! They've been very dismissive and rude (mostly the doctors aids). They won't see me again until January...
Login or Signup to reply to this post.

Re: I need help...
By: Moderator / Knowledgeable
Post # 4
A doctor should never be dismissive of the pain that you are in. I have had similar digestive issues, and it took years before I got anywhere with getting answers.

What you need to know, and what your doctors should be finding out, is if your gastritis is the cause by itself, or if something else is causing it. And then you need your doctors to understand that mild treatments like Prilosec are not cutting it. See if they can offer treatments that will be sufficient. If this doctor continues to be dismissive, seek another.

On another note, I understand that the pain is terrible, and it is understandable that it leaves you exhausted, stressed, and down. Especially when the whole thing is triggering your anxiety. Don't let it though. I have been away from the site for a while because of chronic illness myself, including problems with my digestive system. It can all beat you down. But you adjust, in time. You'll be okay. You'll make it through this. If you feel the need, stay in touch with those crisis lines. If it gets really bad, seek hospitalization or similar help. See a therapist to help you get through all of this as well. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.

You can do this. : )
Login or Signup to reply to this post.

Re: I need help...
Post # 5
Thank you, you're very kind :) I think I'm not getting the best treatment because I only have the free insurance :( the best I can get is over-run clinics with tired nurse practitioners. I understand that they're over worked and probably get treated like dirt everyday... I know they're doing their best for everyone.

The people from the ER on my second visit said that the cause of my gastritis might be the fact that I'm so homesick (stress). I moved in with my boyfriend and his parents out in the middle of nowhere and I often feel trapped :( I don't have friends, and my family is far away...

My mother thinks that I might be cured after I come to stay with them over the holidays. My boyfriend and I will be there from Thanksgiving to New Years. I suppose if I feel miraculously better, we'll know what's up, lol...
Login or Signup to reply to this post.

Re: I need help...
By: / Beginner
Post # 6
I would suggest specifically asking for a testfor H-Pylori. It is a common stomach infection that causes all kinds of problems but is treatable. Usually you are hit with a bunch of potent antibiotics along with pump inhibitors(like zantac) and acid neutralizers to treat the acid reflux. Then when the pylori is gone, it helps recovery to go on a routine of probiotics to restore the fauna in your gut. Antibiotics are notorious for causing gastric problems by killing off the fauna that belongs in your gut.

Other things to check would be for gall stones. They have a diztinct and -severe- pain when there is a blockage, but lesser pains can happen from partial ones.

There could also be damage to the nerve that controls the mechanical action of your stomach. If it isn't functioning properly that could affect your stomach's ability to break down and/or move food forward into the gut.

Finally it could be either bile reflux or acid reglux. Both usually occur because of damage to one of the sphinctres of the stomach.

It is all fixable through minor surgery, a tibiotics, or a bit of lifestyle change. ... If the pylori breath test is nevative ask to have a stomach scope. It is a basic investigative procedure an 90% of the time find the problem.
Login or Signup to reply to this post.

Re: I need help...
By: / Novice
Post # 7
I think you need to change doctors. I have a chronic pain condition and I had to change doctors a few times to find some that actually took me seriously. You will find one that truly cares. Ask around in your area and see if you can find out a doctor that is well recommended. Try maybe a gastroenterology doctor. They specialize in stomach concerns.
Login or Signup to reply to this post.


© 2018
All Rights Reserved
This has been an SoM Entertainment Production
For entertainment purposes only