Ouija and Spirit Boards By: TaurusWiccan Oct 20, 2014
Post # 1
There is a lot of buzz about Ouija boards; they appear frequently in media, stores and even conversations. But what are they exactly? And do they work?
1) Ouija board are the most common and famous of spirit boards. The design was created in the late 1800's. Spirit boards are an ancient way of communicating with the spirit world, along with automatic hand writing. Now a days, Ouija boards are viewed as a toy; they can be found in toy stores. I find this insane, as there is quite a bit of danger involving them.
2) The board, as you may have seen, consists of the alphabet, the numbers (0-9) and Yes or No. As well, it features 'Goodbye' and sometimes 'Hello'. Sessions usually have 3-4 people; however psychics or people with great energy can use it alone or with 2 people. People in a session place their fingers on the planchette, traditionally a upside down heart with a glass ring in the centre, and ask to communicate with an entity. The entity will move the planchette across the board.
3) If you are planning on using an Ouija board, here are things that you MUST follow:
1.NEVER TREAT IT LIKE A GAME
Using an Ouija board is serious business and should never be taken lightly. Always be sure to say Good bye to the entity.
2. NEVER USE IT IN YOUR ROOM
Always make sure sessions happen outside of the place you live in. Precautions such as blessing the members before hand, blessing the room with a protective herb or binding a circle around the board to prevent any negative energy from entering is strongly suggested.
3. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGERS OFF THE PLANCHETTE
This is another important one. Sometimes if the planchette begins to move, people get scared and remove their fingers from the planchette. Never do this; make sure you say a proper goodbye to the entity.
All and all, using an Ouija board is risky. It can be used as a great tool to communicate with the spirit world, but it can also be dangerous. Follow the guild lines mentioned above whenever using an Ouija board, and stay safe. I personally recommend looking into other ways of communication before jumping into this.
Re: Ouija and Spirit Boards By: QuietStar Oct 21, 2014
Post # 2
Eh, Ouija boards are hyped up a lot. They're really not as dangerous as they seem to be. I mean, you said never to treat it as a game but that's exactly what it was designed as. Most of the time, a spirit isn't even involved and it's just subtle finger movements. When a spirit is involved, the board is only as dangerous as you and the spirit allow it to be.
People use ouija boards as a way of scaring themselves and giving them a thrill. So when something happens, they get scared and exagerate the problem. Furthermore, most spirits have better things to do than cause angst to random people just messing around but the "trickster" spirits like to target that kind of thing. A dark room with a bunch of clueless teens is a great setting for a show. They puff themselves up and seem scary but they're actually quite harmless. The fear they cause is the greater problem.
There are a whole bunch of other issues with ouija boards though so I agree with you when you say look into other methods.
Re: Ouija and Spirit Boards By: Itzcoatl Oct 21, 2014
Post # 4
My friends have talked a lot about the Ouija board, due to the new movie, and they tried to convince me to play it with them some time. Although I wouldn't mind playing the thing, they obviously weren't talking seriously as they think the whole thing dumb. Oh well. Despite this being only a game, I would love to ise one to do serious spirit contact.
Re: Ouija and Spirit Boards By: spiderling3 / Novice Oct 22, 2014
Post # 8
as far as I've seen a ouija board is just a focus point. the board itself might not have any mystical properties besides maybe a few symbols. what this means is that it only works if you try to make it work. focusing energy on the board to open a small door to the other side.
im not personal experienced with this tool but i suggest if you are seriously using one that you are kind to the spirit you call and remember to say goodbye and shut that door when your done.
Re: Ouija and Spirit Boards By: Itzcoatl Oct 22, 2014
Post # 10
To my knowledge, Zozo is not real. However, will people be trying to use the Ouija to contact it and likely get a response? Probably. However, if it were the case, keep in mind that our mind will try to see what it wants to believe. If the planchette spells out zozo, it is likely because you want it to spell zozo and your hand is moving it to that desired fashion. And then there is the probability that you attract a spirit that wants to cause mischief and take the role of this zozo, but I don't know much about that. I've heard of some kids trying the Ouija board out, and although they said they got some frights, it was just a game to them. And they are still alive (hehe)