Hey! So, something quite strange has been happening to me for about a month now. I don't know if its just normal static or the cold weather, but I seem to have some sort of attraction with static. I would shock someone or vice versa. An object would shock me, or whenever I'm around people would shock each other. This happens very frequently! Just today, i went to take a drink of water, and the water shocked my tounge!!! What are the chances or that happening?! Loki might just be playing with me!! Any suggestions?
Me too, and I also believe it is connected to the cold weather. My poor cousin says its feels like being bitten when I pass him something. It happens more to me when I have been wearing man made fibers. Im completely clad in cotton today and have had no shocks at all.
Re: Quite Shocking! By: Lark Moderator / Knowledgeable
Post # 4 Feb 13, 2014
Getting shocked like that is a perfectly normal phenomenon in cold and/or dry weather, and particularly in homes with central heat and air.
Static charge build-up is enhanced when the air is dry. So, static problems and effects are often noticed in dry air conditions.The air outside can be very dry when the weather is cold and dry. Indoors, central heating or air conditioning can give very dry conditions which promote static electricity. Heating warms the air and reduces its humidity.
Static shocks are often noticed in cold dry weather, especially when in a centrally heated environment, and may disappear when the weather gets more humid. Static shocks may also be encouraged under air conditioning in hot weather. http://www.electrostatics.net/articles/static_shocks.htm#Does%20the%20weather%20affect%20static%20electricity?