I lucid dream almost every night, without much effort. This is achieved over time by training your body to become aware that you are in a dream while you are in a dream. If you want to start out with lucid dreaming, here are some things that I suggest you do to help with it.
1. Keep good sleep hygiene
2. Keep your room as dark, cool and quiet at possible
3. If you need to have light on, then id suggest an eye mask.
4. I don't usually use electronics that emit blue light (phones, tvs, computers, etc.) 15-30 minutes before I go to bed.
5. Keep a dream journal and write all your dreams in it when you wake up.
6. Write your dreams signs, and try to look up and interpret what your dreams mean.
7. While in the state of lucid dreaming, you dont want to just start doing whatever, thinking that your dreaming so it wont affect you, it will if your not really dreaming. So perform reality checks. Look at your fingers, and if you realize anything that is not right, sich as 4 fingers instead of 5, then you know you are lucid dreaming.
8. Video gaming is found to actually help remember dreams.
Lucid Dreaming Tips