It can be done a few moments before the spell on each herb specifically or to a micture of herbs. If you use different herbs for different reasons then charge them one by one putting in each charging trial your intentions and power and the reason which you are going to use but if you use a mixture of herb for the same reason then you can simply charge them all together.
For example to stop slander you can use nettle to stop gossip and charge it accordingly but you should also use rosemary to cleanse what has been said to you so you should charge it with different intentions than nettle. Add some charged basil to protect you from further attempts and you are done. ;)
PS: If you grow your plants (like I do with most of them) you can charge the herb while you pick/cut it thinking of what you need it for. Do not forget to thank the plant for what it has given to you, a part of it to assist you.
1. Gather the resources and put them in a small plate or different small bowls.
2. Remain calm and take deep breaths. Inhale, count to 21 removing all negative thoughts in the process and then exhale. If you cannot hold your breath for 21 seconds then exhale every 7 seconds. But if you manage to count up to 21 and then exhale you will see that all negative thoughts will start dissappearing quicklier and easier than the count of 7seconds.
3. Visualize a pillar of white light coming from the universe and above up to your 7th chakra entering your body from the top of your head.
4. Let the cleansing energy flow into your body and gather it in your palms.
5. Put your palms above the mixture of herbs or each herb individually and let the energy flow from your palm to your fingers and from your fingers to the herbs along with your intention and wishes. If you want quicklier results do this and then grab each herb individually and rubb it in your palms to fully mix your energy with each herb.
6. State your wish and then chant a ritual if you want or you can summon helping spirits etc if you feel needed. Otherwise just state your wish. Do not forget to state in the very end SO MOTE IT BE!!
7. Remove your palms from your herbs as soon as you feel the herbs are fully charged but befoe you do just count for the last time up to 21 seconds but this time exhale and try not to inhale for 21 seconds. (Its actually step 2 but vice verca).
PS: Do not forget to cleanse your dishes and clean them after of each charging and usage.
USAGES OF charged herbs.
RULE NUMBER 1: NEVER USE THE SAME HERBS YOU CHARGE FOR ORDINARY COOKING. There is some culinary activity in spellcasting but it is different to do kitchen witchery from ordinary cooking which revolves about eating to stay alive etc
Analytically charged herbs can be used in a broad variety:
You can dress a candle with some herbs. You can annoint olive oil or/and honey around a candle and then "stick" some herbs onto it or just dress them around a candle to power up the candle. This is a complete basic procedure to fulfil a wish.
You can burn sticks of herbs or make inscense with dried herbs. This is usually done a.To cleanse a room from other energies. b.State your wish to the universe. c.Power up your visualization. d.Grant your aura a specific ability/trait.
3. Cleansing and Protecting:
Put charged herbs in the water you use to mop the floor of your house. Underneath your house's carpets or the welcoming mat. Inside your clothes's pockets and even in your wallet. r simply put them in a bowl and let them cleanse and protect your house with their energy. (I am doing this with FULL MOON charged herbs which I leave in a bowl in my living room to protect the house from toxic visitors and from accidents)
step a.Put the charged herbs in a gauze or small piece of clothing. Enfold the gauze or piece of cloth and let it sink in bath full of water for some time before you enter the bathtub. If you do not own a bathtub start from step b.
step b. put the herbs on your sponge and rub them all over your body (make sure you are not allergic before you do this). This is an outmost easy way to drench the energy from the herbs and harmonize them with your body'ss aura, granting your aura the properties of the herbs you have just used.
In the case of showering wet the herbs first because some of the herbs are quite rough when dried eg rosemary
5. Throwing them in the air:
Shed/Throw the charged herbs in the air while stating your wish to send your energy to the universe in order for you wish to be fullfilled. This can only be done outside. I find it a great way to ward my house from unwelcome visitors but you can do it for a lot more reasons. :)
6. For luck:
Put the charged herbs in small bags and hide them around your house or put them in your car, or your pocket or udnerneath the pillow of a child with nightmare etc to protect from evil energies or to draw in spirits and curse a place.
These are what I consider basic regarding herbs charging and using. Surely you can charge herbs with moonlight etc or create potions and tinctures and salves with them but these are some quite advanced methods and I will focus on them another time later this year. Herbs are seemingly an easy field of spellcasting but trust me when I say to you all that it demands huge amounts of tie invested in studying and practising them and becoming familiar with them. :)
eg the citrus family can be lemon, orange and grapefruit but lemon has different usage than orange and orange has different use of grapefruit and grapefruit seems to be similar to lemon but they are used in different ways in spells. :)
Thank you everyone.
So you mote be!
Re: Herbs#1:Charging_&_Usages By: kts Moderator / Adept
Post # 5 Mar 05, 2015
Your post is pretty good however your statement under, "USAGES OF charged herbs". Specifically, "RULE NUMBER 1: NEVER USE THE SAME HERBS YOU CHARGE FOR ORDINARY COOKING. There is some culinary activity in spell casting but it is different to do kitchen witchery from ordinary cooking which revolves about eating to stay alive etc".
Charged herbs can be utilized in cooking and it is actually recommended to use charged herbs in any activity one utilizes herbs for. Charged herbs are simply herbs charged with energy. This can be the sun that grew them to the crystals you store with them prior to use.
The only time one does not want to use a charged herb for cooking or any other specific working is when the herb was charged for a different specific working. Such as if I charge an herb specifically for cleansing purposes of my home, I would not want to use the charged herbs for eating purposes. Charging an herb in a general way for the herb to be the best herb it can be for any purpose allows one to utilize the herb in any casting.
I rarely charge herbs specifically for one purpose. I charge mine in such a way that they can be used in any casting including those who some refer to as "ordinary cooking". Of course, please keep in mind that you would want food grade herbs to begin with as well. I personally don't buy edible herbs that are not food grade. The same is true for salt or any other edible items one can utilize in magical workings.