Very informative post. Though I'm not sure you can just drop off Hel/Hella's name to get out of trouble, that's very insteady ground, but if it works for you, who am I to speak. Thanks for the info and good luck.
Some observations form personal experience on working with Fire-Etins
1) they can be very uplifting, if you find them at the right time they can cheer you up and move your heart unlike anything else
2) If they ask you to participate in something, go along, its almost always worth while
3) You can be quiet among them, they don't dislike what I've heard some times referred to as "a small candle"
4) Don't be sneaky or secretive, the more open and visible you are the more likely they will treat you well
5) Finally respect the word "Muspellheim" all Fire-Etins respect their world so better avoid say anything negative about it
I wouldn't place that site as an entirely knowledgeable one. In some of the other threads (as I personally did not look at the linked Loki one) there is a New Age "mix all the religions" concept going on as the entity spoken of is named as other entities which are totally unrelated to the Northern Pantheon. I would be hard pressed to give too much credit to a website that trends towards using that concept. It's usually a bad idea to place certain terms on entities which are unrelated by anything except similar sounding terms.
I like the site. Lol. I found it while searching for something you had sparked my interest in sataset. I know what you mean about using terminology that sounds the same to tie norse, rokkr and greek mythology together but in the articles ive read on there thus far, only the faces of loki happened to have something like that in it and im not sure if it wasnt just a coincidence, compared to other textbook sites. But your right. Probably not a good idea to tie entities together simply because they sound similar in different languages. I will keep that in mind though, whilst i am reading the information the site does have to offer that makes sense to me. Thank you.
Re: Fire Etins By: Personified Moderator / Knowledgeable
Post # 17 Jan 27, 2014
You'll find that the whole idea of working with the jotunfolk and the Rokkr is more new-age than anything. It's certainly not traditional. So you're going to have to look at a lot of new-agey type sites and sort through them to find things of value. Just take all the UPG and information with a level head, and don't instantly belive everything you read the first time through- as with anything. Do a little digging. I personally like the site. I think Helasdottir is the one who made that site, and I've seen some of her other works in Raven Kaldera's books- and liked some of what she had to say.