Alrighty I have seen in several posts and in the occasional chat the idea of the flow of time. I have several theories on temporal flow.
Alright well here is the first and this not the one I believe in. Is that every moment of life is planned out and there is no choice.I believe that this untrue for multiple reasons.
1) I use my tarot cards and I ask you why they would warn you of something you could nothing about.
2) Many people I have read for have used it to make it through their situation based on what they were told.
Now one could argue that it told us these things in order for us to react this way and do as we should, but that argues we have free will and the whole thing would come undone at a single person's hands. Well on to the next.
That certain events in our life will come regardless, but we choose our path. It's like saying there are as many paths to point C, but you are gonna go through point B. This is the one I believe for a couple reasons.
1) Well when a person is gonna die or be injured and they ask the cards the day before or week before it normally doesn't tell them. Because it is important to their growth as a person and helps to define them.
2) Free will (which I'm not gonna try and prove)
Arguments against? Well I am not gonna lie. I am slightly biased because this is my belief so I will let you fill in this part.
Another is that there are infinitely many decisions that have led to this single moment in which you are reading this right now.That from the genesis of matter of energy and the start of time it has all been coincidentally led to this moment.
1) Free Will
2) (For the non-religious) Lack of Divine intervention.
3) The Tarot tells of events to come (many times, but not all)
Against? Well the astronomical odds, in my opinion. Why wouldn't we see our deaths? Major parts of our lives that we cannot avoid aren't handed to us when we ask.
Well I will try and update this as I get responses. Please comment on your belief.