Note: Before opening the Third Eye, you should start with your Root Chakra and work your way up to the Third Eye as starting at a random point or from the top to bottom will affect the flow of energy and bring negative effects.
If you wish to perform this exercise, you need to understand what you will be doing.
The Third Eye is directly related to the 6th chakra, the psychic chakra, located on the middle of the forehead above the brows. It is closely associated with the pineal gland. The pineal gland is dormant in most people, as is the true Third Eye. The pineal gland is like a pea in size; like a shriveled raisin in most people where it remains dormant. If open too much you can suffer from headaches and hallucinations. If closed completely, you'll struggle with creative endeavors and have little to no psychic abilities.
- Sit cross-legged, with your back straight.
- Try and make a heart shape with your hands. The thumbs should be pointing towards you and the other fingers should be bent and should touch at the two upper joints/knuckles. Extend your middle fingers straight and only the tip of your middle fingers should touch. Your middle fingers should be pointing away from you.
- Place the tip of your thumbs on the lower part of your chest
- Inhale and exhale deeply. Concentrate on the Third Eye Chakra and what it stands for.
- Inhale deeply and hold your breath for as long as comfortable. In one long exhale, silently, but clearly, chant "OM" or "AUM".
- Relaxation of the body and mind should come naturally. Continue to think of the chakra, its meaning, and how it does or should affect your life.
- Keep on doing this until you feel the relaxation of your mind intensify.
You may feel a pressure or throbbing as if someone's pressing their finger on the center of your forehead (where your third eye is located) you may feel a similar ache when you first open any chakra. This is a positive indication that the pineal gland is awakening and beginning to function in a healthy manner. Some people can experience a migraine lasting several hours, so it is not recommended to do this exercise before you have a very important task of work to do
After the occurrence of headache or pressure in the forehead, you may wake up one morning with a throbbing or tingling sensation in your forehead; it may feel like a goosebump. The feeling may be very intense like something is there. The sensation of pulsing or throbbing will continue throughout the day, and you may hear sounds coming from within your head, such as light popping or crackling sensations. These are the final physiological events you may experience after opening up your third eye. It indicates your pineal gland is awakened, functioning and, alive
You may experience any or all of these to varying degrees:
- Faster, easier learning and retention
- Marked increase in intuition
- Increased creativity
- Psychic gifts develop and become markedly stronger, along with more developed ability to see or sense human auras
- Clairvoyance (psychic vision) opens up
- Clairaudience (psychic hearing) opens up
- Clairsentience (psychic feeling/touching) opens up
References and Resources: