Aloes / Sandalwood ~ (santalum album)
- Sandalwood has been used in India for thousands of years as an enhancement to meditation and prayer. It quiets the mental chatter that can distract us in meditation. It allows the mind to move into the deepest states of meditation and connects us with the great cosmic prayer, the infinite meditation.
- Sandalwood affects Chakra energy in so many different ways because it is a very complex oil with many different actions at the subtle level. One of its greatest virtues lies in linking the Kundalini energy at the Base Chakra with the Crown Chakra. Its scent invokes a feeling of exotic sensuality and spiritual wholeness at the same time - divine sensuality. Sandalwood aligns all the chakras and subtle bodies allowing a person to be totally in their body and learn to feel all the subtle energy around them.
- Sandalwood helps to keep you grounded, close to your divine essence, helps through periods of fear, and allows you to surrender to divine will.
- It supports the entire endocrine system.
- Sesquiterpene content is 90%.
- Sandalwood is a cooling oil ~ Meditation ~ 3rd Eye
- It is believed that aloes of the Bible may have been fragrant sandalwood, a spice accessible to the residents of ancient Palestine.
"And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight." ~ (John 19:39)
Cassia ~ (cinnamomum cassia)
- Similar to Cinnamon but it smells sweeter and more pleasant. It enhances circulation and supports the heart and empowers the will. It also supports the sacral chakra. It is a good oil to use if you wake up in the morning and feel sluggish.
- Cassia energetically works to free the memories of enslavement held deep in the unconscious. It also assists us in remembering the reasons for a rebellious nature and distaste for authority that derive from lifetimes of being a slave, indentured servant, or powerless.
- Cassia has 90% phenol propenoids. Phenol propenoids increase frequency, which increase spirituality. Cassia was a key ingredient in temple incense in ancient times. (Other oils with phenol propenoids are clove 90%, basil 75%, cinnamon 73%, nutmeg 75%.)
- Caution - Cassia oil can be irritating to the skin. Use on the bottom of the feet.
- Emotionally/Spiritually Calming
- Places one in instant Meditative State ~ use on 3rd Eye for Clear Vision
- Use in the Etheric over Chakras in Healing
- It helps for Empowerment
- Cassia supports the Immune System
- * Use in very small amounts *
- Cassia was a key ingredient in the temple incense.
"All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad." ~ (Psalms 45:8)
Cedarwood ~ (cedrus atlantica)
- Steadiness and balance is the message of the spirit of Cedarwood. It is the spirit of integrity, of stability, of solidarity in all things. It has qualities that are often needed when the spirit is weakened by too much, loving too hard and being unable to forgive. It encourages the strength we need to continue on our pathway, and urges us to hold fast to our dreams, helping bring our hopes to reality.
- Inhaling Cedarwood oil relaxes an over-analytical mind. Use Cedarwood oil before and after business meetings to generate greater clarity, to quickly perceive the core issue or to get to the point. Cedarwood has a purifying energy that helps to release emotional toxins lodged in the subtle bodies. Cedarwood oil aligns the heart chakra of the mental body to the physical and allows the experience of just being. Cedarwood oil stimulates memories of feeling true spiritual love and generates feelings of being totally secure and protected by that love.
- Cedarwood has been used since time immemorial in civilizations as diverse as Egypt and Tibet. It is still actively used as a meditation aid by Tibetan Buddhists and others. It is thought to enhance spirituality and strengthen our connection with the Divine. Cedarwood was used in the construction of temples to symbolize this.
- Cedarwood oil is a powerful mucolytic (i.e. it breaks up catarrh) and we can see parallels in its subtle uses: helping us to cut through the "mental catarrh" that can clog our minds just as surely as the physical variety clogs our noses.
- The "Cedar" which Native American Indians use in purification ceremonies 'smudging' is in fact a form of Juniper.
- Sesquiterpene content is 98%.
- It can be used as an underarm deodorant; has a scent that men like.
- From the mighty "Cedars of Lebanon" came the fragrant and long-lasting wood used to build Solomon's temple.
"And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall." ~ (1 Kings 4:33)
Cypress~ (cupressus sempervirens)
- Cypress oil is helpful in times of transition such as career changes, moving homes, and major spiritual decisions. Cypress also helps with painful transitions such as bereavement or the ending of close relationships. Cypress has frequencies that are in transition between the physical and spiritual (etheric plane), which is why it can be used to give strength and comfort at the time of death.
- Cypress helps reestablish the ability to flow with life without the anxiety of deciding what the next step is or how it will unfold. It offers strength and energetic protection to those who are vulnerable and insecure or have lost their purpose. It can be used to move on from a situation.
- Using Cypress oil on the spleen point under the left rib cage clears blockages in energy flow and supports better assimilation of food. Cypress oil massaged into the abdominal and colon area releases stagnant energy beliefs in that area.
- Energetically, Cypress oil disconnects spleen energy attachments. Cords and attachments are created between people through the over-empathizing. This is often the case for healers and will deplete the healer's energy. Also, many emotional caretakers are empathetic. Making people feel better is all they know how to do, not realizing the karmic implications of their actions. Many people are unconscious empathic receivers and they take on other people's realities and ailments without realizing what they are doing.
- Empaths must make a conscious effort to practice Divine Right Use of empathy. When Divine Right Use is in effect, empathic abilities can provide very important diagnostic information about the energy denied or repressed in the unconscious mind or emotional body. Divine Right Use employs appropriate empathizing energy and stays connected only as long as needed for interpreting information and then it consciously fully disengages. It is up to the individual needing healing to decide how or how not to act upon the knowledge an empath imparts. This keeps the empathic receiver from forming karmic bonds.
My note ~ Please be aware that every person we contact is a mirror to our own issues in some way and will trigger our own issues. This is not to say that you pick up the other person's energy and issues, rather that you are empathic because you have similar issues that have not been addressed and have now come to the surface for transformation.
- Cypress is good for anything in excess. It is very grounding. It is a balancer of the female system and is often combined with clary sage
- This is good for aiding with the natural flow of things.
- Good with the transition of dying and with grieving.
- This oil is extracted from the cypress tree, which has wood so durable that the cypress doors of St. Peter's in Rome show no sign of decay even after 1,200 years.
"He hewethe him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest." ~ (Isaiah 44:14)
Frankincense~ (boswellia carteri)
- Sometimes called olibanum. This sweet protector of the heavens operates far beyond the auric field, in the light realms. It is adaptogenic - it will adapt to a person's spiritual state of being. Holding the wisdom of the ages, it waits for what is asked of it, and can do all that may be required. If it encounters malevolent energies attached to a person, it has the authority and power to assist in the removal of all that is unwanted.
- In the cases of spiritual shock or loss, when the spirit can step out of the body, frankincense can gently ease us back to our earthly home. Frankincense helps each of us connect to that part of ourselves, which is eternal and divine. It is one of the most ancient of the incenses, having been in use for at least 3,000 years.
- Frankincense has the ability to help to bring body and mind into a meditative state. It helps break ties with the past, especially when they block personal growth. Use it in baths with the conscious intention of "washing away" any old ties, which feel like a hindrance.
- It is an important oil for anointing the dying and keeping the soul connected to its Divine presence. It is an excellent for the 6th Chakra, assisting in altering perception of truth and promoting clairvoyance. The crown and heart chakras also expand, as new realities are perceived. The light body enlarges as new realities and dimensions are experienced.
- Frankincense has a sesquiterpene level of 8-11%.
- It can help with memory. It opens the 3rd Eye for connection.
- Helps clear away fogs. The Hebrew word for frankincense, levonah (sometimes translated as "incense"), is in the Bible 22 times.
"Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense with all powders of the merchant?" ~ (Song of Solomon 3:6)
Galbanum~ (ferula gummosa)
- This oil allows for the shedding of old ideas and outdated behavior and attitudes, resulting in total surrender to the Creator. It sheds light on life's purpose and on the inner self. It communicates with the deeper layers of self, allowing for gradual unfolding of truth. It is used to balance emotions.
- Galbanum has a sesquiterpene level of 11%.
- This oil is the main ingredient in the blend "Gathering" because it aligns one with their spiritual purpose. Galbanum was Mose's favorite oil.
- Testimonial by N.H. Reiki practitioner and Massage Therapist: "I put Galbanum on my hands when I was doing a long distance Reiki session. I became very aware of the physical presence of the person I was working on. I could feel her very clearly, as if the person was actually in the room with me. This has happened on a few different occasions. Something about Galbanum oil is very deep and very ancient."
- It helps to maintain focus.
- It pulls energies together.
- It maintains group consciousness.
- It is surrendering oil.
- This oil has a pungent, balsamic odor.
"And the Lord said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each there shall be a like weight." ~ (Exodus 30:34)
Hyssop~ (hyssopus officinalis)
- Hyssop has a very long history as a cleansing herb. Both the Egyptians and the Hebrews used it. Use it to cleanse any area in which you are planning to meditate, pray or give a healing. Purging old beliefs that do not serve spiritual growth calms the internal struggle of conflicting realities and the emotional, mental, physical and etheric bodies begin to release the density of fear. Hyssop clears the density around the aura caused by mental chatter.
- Hyssop is a protective herb of the heavens. It is touched with the love and protection of the divine.
- Hyssop oil initiates Divine self-acceptance and attracts the gaiety and mirth that are lost when carrying the burdens of guilt and duty. Hyssop helps one to release guilt. Energetically Hyssop oil allows discovery of intense fears held in the unconscious mind by releasing stress held in the nervous system and allowing realization of how fears have constricted over time. Hyssop teaches you to be gentler with Self and not be so stern and rigid. It lessens the drive behind convictions and permits the energy to ease into relaxation. This is a good oil for "Type A" personalities, as it leads them to understanding they are the cause of their own internal pressure. When they comprehend the root of their need to be perfect, self-acceptance and compassionate tolerance are stimulated. Hyssop helps you comprehend that errors are part of learning the process and there are no mistakes. Errors are recognized as true blessings in the perfection of Divine Right Timing.
- Once we learn from "mistakes", we alter the energy and turn this to a positive learning experience.
- Add Hyssop oil to a spray water bottle to clear a room of charged emotion or energy. It also transmutes dense thought forms that are vibrating in a room.
- Rubbing Hyssop oil on the shoulders helps reduce the tension from carrying emotional burdens. Using Hyssop on the lung reflex points of the hands and feet helps break up congestion produced by inwardly grieving. Massaging with deep pressure into the colon reflex points of the hands and feet helps release stagnated energy from the body.
- Caution - People with epilepsy or high blood pressure should consult a health care professional before using hyssop oil.
- It helps to rid of past conditionings.
- It clears dense thought forms.
- It clears the aura and energy fields.
- It clears inward grieving.
- It breaks up blockages from the lower chakras up to the higher chakras.
- In 1745 one writer suggested 18 different plants for the biblical hyssop. While the exact variety may not be known, it was employed in many purification rites.
"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." ~ (Psalms 51:7)
Myrrh~ (commiphora myrrha)
- Myrrh oil helps a person disengage from the mass consciousness conditioning. Social norms drain a person's spontaneous energy, obstructing the joy of being in the moment. Extended use of Myrrh oil empowers a person to develop their norms guided by Source.
- Using Myrrh helps with issues of trust. Intent coupled with the oils' gentle energy encourages looking at their fears that created the mistrust, and enable a person to admit to their loss of faith. Once resistance is acknowledged, trust in Self can begin rebuilding. Constraining emotions causes a very dense and weary feeling. People believe that denying feelings protects them but it only achieves keeping them in a state of separation and furthers the spell of illusion. These denied emotions create walls of armour around the aura, which block the physical body's ability to receive replenishing Pranic energy. Dense walls around the aura make it feel uncomfortable to be in the body. Myrrh energy generates a feeling of being enveloped in a shield of love that reflects all harmful influences and lets the heart stay open.
- Massage the neck with Myrrh oil to reduce the need for control and release issues of not trusting.
- Myrrh goes back at least 4,000 years. Use it as a meditational aid and before any healing session. It strengthens the Base Chakra. Myrrh is particularly valuable for people who feel "stuck" emotionally or spiritually and want to move forward in their life.
- Myrrh is used to maintain and support the state of grace. It is good for people who are afraid to speak up about their emotions. The oil creates confidence and awareness. It has centering properties which make it an excellent oil to inhale.
- This oil helps us to realize that we need to let go of our wounds, forgive and move forward. Energetically it helps overcome the martyr's burden of suffering and sorrow. It is excellent oil for the healer who carries the pain of those she works to heal. This fragrance enables the letting go of the need to stand up for the just against the unjust.
- Myrrh has a sesquiterpene level of 62%.
- Good for compulsive eaters.
- It moves fluids in the body.
- In the Bible, when Esther was being prepared for marriage, Aloe, Cassia, Myrrh and Sandalwood were blended and massaged into her body every day for 30 days prior to the ceremony.
- Myrrh was used in burial and was highly regarded by David and Solomon.
- It was one of the ingredients of the holy anointing oil.
"I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, and aloes and cinnamon." ~ (Proverbs 7:17)
Myrtle~ (myrtus communis)
- The fragrance of myrtle allows entrance to the pure and absolute, where ego has no entrance, where all is One and One becomes all. Its spirit is truth, forgiveness and Divine love that embraces all living beings. Myrtle oil balances the inner male and female traits and achieves harmony by resolving internal conflict and confusion. In ancient times, the Myrtle tree embodied the Sumerian Mother of Heaven, Marienna. The Goddess Aphrodite also was represented by this tree. Myrtle oil helps us understand the impermanent nature of matter. Once we understand this, it resolves the conflict between the Soul's immortality and the personality's impatience.
- This oil is helpful with allergies because it helps us gain insight into the something or someone that we are irritated with.
- Represents Divine feminine energy
- The Myrtle Tree is related to the Mother of Heaven.
- Releases anger that is withheld.
- Myrtle branches are still used by the Jews for the Feast of Tabernacles.
"Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written." ~ (Nehemiah 8:15)
Onycha~ (styrax benzoin)
- No matter what touches the spirit, the soul must be allowed to speak, to be able to penetrate to the core of being. This resin is the holder of the energies and fire of sunlight. It opens the heart and mind to receive gifts that have been denied. It allows the spirit to receive from the soul, in feeling, in knowing, in just being.
- Onycha can be a pathway to understanding when all is confusion. It can assist in making choices with the heart. It can help guide us home to the inner sanctum of the soul.
- Onycha tells us not to dismiss things that are difficult, but to hear the messages of the soul and be guided by them. It gives us peace and understanding on the pathway to inner enlightenment. It is a good oil for Spiritual Protection.
- Patricia Davis, "I use Benzoin (onycha) to help people who are sad and lonely, sad or anxious. We might perhaps see here an echo of it's former use to 'cast out devils', for what are the devils of our time, if not such psychological states as these."
- Onycha is a great comforter and acts like a shield against outside events and disturbances. It is beneficial to an irritated nervous system and balances the hormonal system.
- Onycha was an ingredient in the holy anointing oil.
"And the Lord said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each there shall be a like weight." ~ (Exodus 30:34)
Rose of Sharon / Cistus~ (cistus ladanifer)
- Rose of Sharon/Cistus is also called Rock Rose or labdanum. This is a fragrance of prophecy, visions and all quests for truth. Rose of Sharon cannot provide answers, nor can it speak, but it stimulates the eternal knowledge that is intrinsic to all human beings. Rose of Sharon brings awareness that the universal spirit can be glimpsed and absorbed into our very being, although the complete merging with God must remain just out of reach while we fulfill our role here on earth.
- Good for auto-immune; use along the spine.
- Vision of Truth, Internal Knowledge.
- This beautiful rose has a soft honey-like scent and may be the small shrubby tree called the rose of Sharon.
"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valley." ~ (Song of Solomon 2:1)
Spikenard~ (nardostachys jatamansi)
- Known as Jatamansi in India. It is one of the best oils for calming the nerves. It is grounding and settles an out-of-balance mind. It is apost-digestive oil in India: one drop taken near the end of the meal calms the stomach. It brings courage and power. It helps people feel in charge of their lives.
- In preparation for the departure of the spirit to the heavens, Spikenard allows us to release our fears of the unknown and have the courage to step forward. Spikenard helps to reconcile all that has happened to us in this lifetime upon the earth, and to make peace with those who have hurt us. It is a fragrance of forgiveness. Its purpose is to release the past from the shackles of our own making, those that relentlessly bind us to repeating actions that affect the freedom of the Spirit.
- This is the oil that was in the flask that Mary Magdeline broke over Jesus. The disciples weren't happy with her actions, as the oil was very costly. Jesus told them that Mary was in the right and was just in her actions. There is controversy as to why she did this; perhaps it was to prepare him for his coming death, to help him to forgive all the unjust that had been done to him; perhaps it was to give him the courage to complete the life of which he knew the ending.
- Very expensive oil, spikenard was sealed in alabaster boxes.
"And [Jesus] being in Bethany; in the house of Simon the leper; as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard, very precious, and she brake the box, and poured it on his head." ~ (Mark 14:3)