Smudging has long been used by Native Americans and people of other religious faiths to cleanse a space or area of negativity or anything that may be considered Negative in Nature.
You will need:
- Around 50 8 inch sections of dried or partially dried Cedar
- Around 100 8 inch sections of dried or partially dried Sage
- 1 Yard of red, white yearn or cord.
How to Create:
- Mix the Sage and Cedar.
- Gather the Sage and Cedar, level out the pieces, and with the scissors, cut any pieces that are too long.
- Section out the herbs, creating a bundle of enough herbs to bind together.
- Tightly grip the bundle and begin to wrap with the yarn or cord from the bottom of the bundle. Begin by wrapping three times around the base before moving up the bundle to the top and back down tightly, creating a criss-cross pattern in the yarn or cord. Once there is around 5 inches of yearn or cord left tie it off and cut off any excess.
Congratulations, you have now made a traditional smudge stick.