Rated 5/5 Stars
Ritual of Saraswati
Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of wisdom, knowledge, music, and of the arts. She is the consort of Lord Brahma and is peaceful. In Buddhism, her consort is the wise bodhisattva Manjushri. In Buddhism, Saraswati has a wrathful form which is Magzor Gyalmo. Magzor Gyalmo is an attendant of the great wrathful protector, Palden Lhamo(also known as Shri Devi, but this is not to be confused with Lakshmi). Saraswati is also a form of the great goddess Tara. In Tibet, she is known as Yang Chenno or when in musical form, Piwa Karpo. In Mongolia, she is Keleyin ukin Tegri. In China, she is Tapien-ts'ai t'iennu or Miao-yin mu. In Japan, she is the goddess Benten. She is the source of illumination and is the goddess of water and rivers. Chanting her mantras will ensure her blessings of success in studies, education, music, art, and will grant forth her protection. Since she is the patron of students and musicians, this will ensure success in tests and performances
You will need the following items for this spell:
- -Incense(give your best)
- -2 white candles(vanilla scented, lavender, or jasmine is highly recommended)
- -Flowers and petals of Palash, Marigold, Gardenia, Hibiscus, Sandhyamalati, Shefali/Shiuli, and/or Dahlia
- -Picture or statue of Saraswati
- -Fresh fruit offerings
- -White robes or white simple clothing to wear(no jewelry, make-up, or perfume allowed)
- -Thursday(you must start worshiping her on that day) or fifth day of the new year's waxing moon(optional, this is her sacred day)
- -Books, instruments, writing utensils, and/or school supplies
- -Ghee lamp(though this is not always needed since you have incense)
- -Rosary(optional, to keep track of the amount of chants you say)
- -Conch(though this is optional, any horn will do or even bells, singing bowls, and gongs. But, you don't need to do this part)
Casting Instructions for 'Ritual of Saraswati'
After you're done with that, light the candles and incense. If you have a ghee lamp, then light it. If you have a conch or horn or any gongs, bells, or singing bowls, then blow the conch or horn, or ring the gong, bell, or singing bowl to signal the beginning of the ritual. But anyway, after lighting the candles and incense, go into prayer position on your knees. Close your eyes while thinking of Saraswati and chant at least 5 malas(540 times):
''Om namah padmasne shabadrupe aim hreem kleem vad vad vag vadini swaha''
''Om shreem hreem Saraswati namaha''
Yaa Kundendu Tushaara Haaradhavalaa, Yaa Shubhravastraavritha
Yaa Veenavara Dandamanditakara, Yaa Shwetha Padmaasana
Yaa Brahmaachyutha Shankara Prabhritibhir Devaisadaa Vanditha
Saa Maam Paatu Saraswati Bhagavatee Nihshesha Jaadyaapaha''
Bow down respectfully when you're done. Then make a short prayer to Saraswati for success in studies, exams, tests, performances, music, or whatever. Present the fruit offerings and flowers and petals to Saraswati while chanting three times:
''Saraswati maha-bhage vidye kamala lochane
Viswa-rupe vishalakshi vidyangdehi namastute
Esho shachandana pushpa bilvapatranjali
Namo Saraswatvayi devyayi namo''
Bow down respectfully to her again and then ask her to accept to the offerings you just made. Then, make another short prayer to Saraswati of thanking her for joining you and ask her for her blessings. Bow down, and then say farewell or good bye to her. The ritual is then over.
|Print Spell||Mark this spell as Spam|
Please report any violations of copyright via our contact page.
* All information on this page is provided by the coven or person named and the contents of this page is not mediated by the administrators of the website. Please use common sense when following any directions on this page. Do not ingest anything which does not seem safe. If you suspect the content of this page to be intentionally deceiving please contact us immediately.