- Mortar and Pestle
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Bottle or Container with a tight lid or seal
- Stove top
- Small cooking pan
- 1 cup
- Cheese cloth
- 1 pt (Teaspoon) Calendula Petals
- 1/2 pt (1/2 teaspoon) Chickweed
- 1 1/2 pt Rosemary
- About a cup of water
- About a 1/2 cup of lotion of choice
Casting Instructions for 'Acne Aid'
This is a herbal infusion(herbs boiled on low heat in water) mixed into lotion, it is used to treat acne. It should be kept in a glass or plastic container with a tight lid to keep it fresh.
This infusion can be added to lotion, facewashes or left on its own (If you have oily skin, or prefer it alone)
To use: Apply a thin layer to face and neck and rub in well. Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth. You do not need much. For best results; use daily after washing face with a general facial cleanser.
It is advised that you see a doctor for serious skin issues. It is also advised to be careful of any herbs you use as some herbs can cause allergies, always do your research and talk to a doctor.
About The Herbs
- Calendula - Washes and creams of this herb are used to disinfect minor wounds (Like acne scars) and treat infections of the skin. It also minimizes scarring and is a anti bacterial.
- Chickweed - Said to cure itches and Acne, Also heals the skin
- Rosemary - This herb's magickal properties include youth and promotes the healing of wounds. It is also a remedy for acne and added to lotion to improve the complexion.
Begin by mixing the herbs in your mortar and pestle somewhat, (you don't need to grind them much because you will be straining it out of the water when you're done.) and pour bout a cup of water into a pot with a lid. Place the herbs in the pot and let it boil with the lid on, on low heat for 5-10 minutes, until the water has turned a bright yellow color from the Calendula petals.
Strain the infusion with a piece of cheese cloth (Be careful and let the infusion cool some before to avoid getting burned with hot water) and then mix the herb water into the lotion. how much lotion and how much of the infusion to use is up to you. You can use a lot or a little but you'll wanna be careful not to use too much or the cream will become too watery. I used about a half a cup of lotion and maybe a forth a cup of the herbal potion. Mix it together well.
Store in a glass bottle or a container with a lid. Apply to face 1-2 times a day and rub in well.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Please report any violations of copyright via our contact page.