Talismans used in Scottish practice.
A short list of items.
Stones and minerals.
- Salt- Used for saining in Scottish practice.
- Silver- Silver coins are often used as small charms.
- Gold- Used in healing and for luck.
- Iron- Iron is used for protection and to keep the fae away.
- Amber- A splendid piece for protection.
Bones are used for healing, luck, and hexwork.
Gruagach stones are a type of standing stone where offerings are made to the fae. These were often found in the front yard.
Resource: Scottish herbs and fairy lore, by Ellen Evert Hopman.