The difference between a summons and a call is that a summons requires a circle and binds a being to your will (depending on the ritual, there are some summoning rituals that don't bind a being, but summons it for a specific task) where as a call brings a being willingly and doesn't require a circle (depending on the spell that you need the being for), I prefer calls myself
Some general summoning tips;
1) Spirit entities tend to be big into rules. Make sure that before you ask any entity into your life you know what your personal rules are, and follow those.
2) Treat the spirit entity as an honored guest. (because they are) Clean the space where your are summoning as well as yourself.
3) Do not try to trap or trick any spirit you have invited in. Not only is it rude, they consider it fair to teach you a hard lesson.
4) Spirit entities usually only follow explicit instruction. Don't ever assume somethng is tacit or implied. State clearly and completely what you want and what you will give.
5) Keep your end of any bargain you make.
6) Asking nicely works well (with people too).
"The difference between a summons and a call is that a summons requires a circle and binds a being to your will where as a call brings a being willingly and doesn't require a circle, I prefer calls myself"
Since when do summonings bring beings to you against their will? Like i said, i don't make the distinction. If you feel a call is more respectful or somehow better, great. A summoning doesn't neccessarily bind a being to your will, nor does it *require* a circle.
summoning does not require a circle. Infact most spirits (Demons) especially hate nine foot circles. Have an exact reason to summon, do a ritual with incense good ones and make an offering if you have studied the spirit before they do tend to have different personalities. something with a life force like a plant so it can absorb its energy.