I was doing some research and came across something random that I found to be rather surprising. There are people in the real world who follow the teachings of the Jedi from the Star Wars movies. Curious about why someone would believe something that was so obviously made up I decided to do some research and find how much 'truth' the religion may hold, since in my experience I have found that nearly every religion has at least an ounce of truth.
What I found surprised me even more. The religion, if modified, makes sense. It is more about self-improvement and benefiting from the teachings then actually believing in the Force, but even the Force can be believed in if you consider that the Force refers to Energy, the kind of Energy many people on this site use when casting spells. Every thing, living or non-living, is made of Energy and that Energy is what the Force refers to.
So, I decided if the teachings of the Jedi can benefit some people then the teachings of something so similar to many beliefs found on this site may benefit us as well. I have made a shorter list of what I found on these sites (broke down the long definitions into shorter ones) and have brought them here for you.
1) Feel, don't think. Follow your instincts.
2) Do not dwell on the past nor worry about the future, rather you should focus on the present.
3) Everyone can feel the Energy flowing around them. Focus on it, accept it's presence, and try to make realizing it a second nature for yourself.
4) A clear mind is a powerful mind. Rid yourself of anger, frustration, and think with your mind rather then your heart.
5) Patience is a virtue. The more patient you are, the wiser you may become.
6) By saving someone you may save yourself. Consider the guilt you may feel if your lack of compassion caused the death of another, and if you can save the less fortunate then do so.
7) Anger, fear, aggression, hate, all are natural Human emotions, but are also negative feelings that can lead to suffering. Learning to block them out or to deal with them properly will bring many benefits in various ways.
8) Physical fitness can actually lead to better Energy Manipulation. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, the Martial Arts, jogging, swimming, biking, etc. All are excellent ways to both stay fit and relax.
9) There are no accidents, no mistakes, everything happens for a reason.
10) Learn to let go. Everything must come to an end at some point in time, if it ends before you do it is often better to accept the change then to try to fight it.
I hope this helps some of you. I'll be doing more research and if I find anything worth sharing I'll post that too.
lol, may the 'Force' be with you. :)