The practice of Moon Magick unfolds through our alignment with the natural rhythm of the moon's cycle:
~Full Moon: Time to shine & share what we're experiencing & doing.
- Full Moon is a traditional time for social gatherings, festivals & rituals.
- The outward pull is at its strongest & invites us to be wild & free; to sensually participate in creation & howl at the moon.
- Instincts are heightened & life force is activated. In order to surf the wave & use the energy for our benefit we need to stay balanced, heart-centered & grounded.
- Full Moons are strongly linked to relationships, love, romance & passion.
~Waxing Gibbous: Time to nurture & support whatever we want to create or change.
- Its time to bring in resources, communicate & act with clarity & a strong sense of commitment.
~First Quarter: Time to plant seeds & set intentions.
- The outward pull increases. A good time to take action, make decisions, formulate goals, & move forward.
~Waxing Crescent: Time to dream & explore new potential.
- Open to inspiration & ideas, we envision what's possible for us & how to move forward.
- At this stage the impulses are observed & held but not yet fixed or translated into action.
~New Moon: Time to rest up & let go of all that no longer serves us.
- The New Moon bring renewal & regeneration, but first we need to empty ourselves.
- The inward pull is at its strongest & invites us to look deep into our inner world & acknowledge both shadow & light.
~Waning Crescent: Time to integrate.
- Assess what's essential, what needs to be kept & treasured & what needs to be released. Reflection & thanks-giving.
~Last Quarter: Time to harvest.
- Celebrate what has grown, changed & manifested since the First Quarter. The inward pull slowly increases again.
~Waning Gibbous: Time to complete & to keep going.
- This time is ideal to tie up the lose end of our projects. Discipline might be required to master, ripen, & bring to fruition that which we are working with. Right priorities & focus are required & a sense of satisfaction starts to arise from each completed step.
~The cycle of the Moon & the Wheel of the Year share the same basic pattern of the circle & the cross.
~There are symbolic & literal correspondences between the Moon cycle & women's menstrual cycle, which can be synchronized in various ways. I'll provide examples below.