: Welcome to SpellsOfMagic.com. You must be a logged in member to use the live chat feature. Sign up
for free now.
(January 20 - February 18)
You'll be angry if those you live with aren't pulling their weight. You can come into money; however, perhaps not under the best circumstances. You can make changes to your living quarters, but not everyone will be pleased with your efforts.
SpellsOfMagic now has an online store, offering over 9000 wiccan, pagan and occult items. Check it out.
Last Seen: Mon, 11 Jan 2010
I am a newly converted son of Nyx. Although Donahue is not my real name, I choose it for it's meaning. Dark warrior. A warrior is known for doing whatever his/her commanding officer says regardless of personal interests. And Nyx, goddess of night, is best represented by darkness. So what better name than dark warrior. By naming myself Donahue I disregard personal interests in exchange for Nyx's interests. I want to try to learn how to better respect and listen to her. If anyone has any connection to Nyx or if you just worship her please contact me. I am going on nothing here.
I was raised Christian. Came to hate the hypocricy. I was atheist. I love the night and rain and to a lesser extent the wind. So I heard of Nyx but didn't pay much mind until recently she just randomly came into my head and I somehow found the Daughters of the Moon. Now I am learning what I can about her and taking what I get from her while trying to return what I can.
Some stuff about me:
1) I am intuitive. It means I'm not psychic but I can sense that something is going to happen and soon but not tell what and when
2) I have some mind manipulation abilities. The bigger the story I'm trying to make someone "remember" and the sooner that it happened makes it harder
3) I can sometimes feel people's feelings and physical pain but the stronger the pain or the emotion the easier it is. And I don't mean because it shows on their face. Here's an example: My friend's dad died. She went to school and although she kept a normal face on I could quite easily feel her pain and managed to ask her about it and found out that she was depressed because of her dad's death that I had never known about
4) My hearing and smell are quite sharp. I can normally smell people (yes, smell people and not just bad smelling ones) and hear them long before they are in sight.
5) I have a really high pain tolerance. Like breaking my foot and it only hurting enough that I thought I had bruised it until I looked. Or getting into fights and getting punched quite a bit and still being able to fight because it barely hurts.
6) I have my own inner heat lol. I can normally be comfortable bareshirted outside in all but the coldest winter
7) I can very weakly communicate with cats.
8) I am straight and not looking for internet relationships. If you live in NC and are around 16 (my age) then maybe but no internet dating
9) I am an Aquarius
10) My eyes are brown with gold flecks through them that appear and disappear apparently at will (of their own not mine lol)
11) I love motorcycles, writing, reading, music which I live for, recording songs, playing guitar,violin, viola, keyboard and soon trumpet
12) I hate schools but make As and Bs with most being As
13) I run, shoot archery and swim but my hand-eye coordination has deemed me athletically challenged
My rules I live by are easy:
1) Push yourself to your limit no matter what the task.
2) The exception to rule 1 is if it is something that you do not support. Like for me Christianity and then if you are against something be fully against it.
3) Do not back down or give into fear
4) Do not judge, interfere, or meddle in any way in anyone else's life unless it is negatively affecting you or loved ones.
I try to follow these rules every day.
Well I would love to talk to really anyone since this is all new to me. Even if your new and completely useless in helping me lol, I would still love to chat.
Quotes that show either Nyx's power or greatness:
Terry Pratchett- "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
(This one is for anyone who say Nyx can't possibly exist.) Friedrich Nietzsche- "The irrationality of a thing is not an argument of its existence, rather, a condition of it."
Francis Bacon- "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present."
From the series, House of Night, said by Nyx- "Darkness does not always equate to evil just as light does not always bring good."
Some good quotes:
Carl Kraus- "A weak man has doubts before a decision. A strong man has them afterwards."
Nelson Mandela- "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
Samuel Beckett- "Try again, fail again. Fail better."
Mahatma Gandhi- "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
Winston Churchill- "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you will see."
William Faulkner- "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself"
Robert Oxton Bolton- "A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses. It is an idea that possesses the mind."
Eugene Ionesco- "Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together."
Confucius- "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
Albert Pine- "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal."
Abraham Lincoln- "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
Friedrich Nietzsche- "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe."
Albert Einstein- "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
Oscar Wilde- "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Robert Kennedy- "Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live."
Unknown but from Russia- "There can be no good without evil."
Daisy Bates- "No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."
Wendell Berry- ?The past is our definition. we may strive, with good reason, to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it, but we will escape it only by adding something better to it.?
Ralph Waldo Emerson- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
Tacitus- "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure."