What you will need:
# A 13 inch branch (works best but it can be smaller)
# A sharp blade or a wood burner(optional)
# Any decoration, you mainly need a focal point at least(a crystal or gem is best to project energy through) (Also optional)
1. Take a walk in a natural place. Keep your eyes open for a stick or branch that has been laying on the ground and that is no shorter than 13 inches. Let it jump out at you, and follow your intuition. This stick should be appealing to you, as it could be a tool that you use for many years. If you feel drawn to a particular tree, connect with its energy and bless and thank the tree for what you're about to take from it, before removing any small branches.
2. Scrape off the bark with a sharp blade or a wood burner.
3. Carve down to your desired shape and style.
4. Use charring to change the appearance or to amplify carvings.
5. Personalize your wand with things yourself. It's YOUR wand pick exactly what you want. You can use feathers, crystals,runes and stones for the internal. Also adding any cords, metal wire, or symbol that is meaningful to decorate the external of the wand. Go with anything that comes to mind. Make it whatever you see it to be.
A few tips
* To give your wand a more finished look, sand lightly and apply tung oil (a natural oil derived from the seed of the tung tree).
* You may wish to bless or consecrate your wand ritually, before using your wand for practicing.
* Before you turn the stick into a wand, inspect it carefully and put it back outdoors if it has fungus, insects or rot in it.
* Wands are personal things that are very much attuned to your energies. Lending or borrowing wands is an idea that often results in less powerful magic. Making a wand yourself makes it more of your own, deriving from your energy as you making it to get your personal result.
Im more of a staff person, so I anit sure, but, from what I learned about wands, its best to make it around the length from your elbow to your pinky or middle finger rather than 13 inches (so itd be more individual and more atunded to you). Is that correct? I also heard that you cant use gold on a wand, cause of bad luck or ruins it or something like that, as well as fake jewels and plastic. Is that also true?
"its best to make it around the length from your elbow to your pinky or middle finger rather than 13 inches (so itd be more individual and more atunded to you). Is that correct?"
-So long as the energy and vibrations match your own it doesn't actually matter the true length of your wand.
"I also heard that you cant use gold on a wand, cause of bad luck or ruins it or something like that, as well as fake jewels and plastic. Is that also true? "
I have heard of people adding gold and what not for good luck, but so long as what you add to your wand don't inhibit it's flow, and you keep your wand in a safe and secure place (preferably in a black bag/wand bag/ wrapped in a black cloth).
A wand is a toll of witches...
It's used to direct energy and to bring the power of herbalism in the craft
correspondence and occultism have a major role in magick
it is not an object of fiction...though it has been made that in certain movies and fairytales
in my oppinion
There isnt a really wrong or right way of making a wand
AS said by most of u. Its a personal tool meaning you make it how it feels right for u to make it. Wands arent really a persific size or shape. And i feel that they can get confuse with staffs very easily. A great sorcerer named John dee had a wand which was almost his hieght. And i know that seems like a staff but he did refer to it as his wand. and becuase it was a wand to him, its a wand. I dont think u should follow directions wen making wands. Just let the creative enerfy flow and do wat u feel u should do.