1. Start up an excel chart on a computer. (Or just use a notebook horizontally if that is more your style)
2. Start your first line my addressing each character by name.
3. Next, address how powerful or influential each character is in your life. (If they are all equal don't bother, for me though, I have my 22 characters categorized from 1-5 in power.)
4. Here comes the fun part. To respect characters as individuals, you can put down imformation such as their favorite color, element, and song.
5. You may find it useful to also take into consideration the zodiac. Now, I am talking about using it as a tool in a completly objective manor. This makes sence for me because frankly, I don't know what days most of them came to be, and I don't think the zodiac was designed for that to begin with. Just ask yourself personally which of the 12 signs connects best with each character.
6. A good grounding technique to play out for each character is how they get along with your parents, significant other, etc. This may change when or where you do rituals as individual characters. This can be crucial for your safety and others.
7. Another good aspect to look into last but not least, is if your character has a name meaning. (As for me, one character that I thought was mainly crazy and psychotic had another side to him because the origination of his name meant pleasing and lovely.)
One note of safety on casting spells and understanding each individual character is that even though it is fine to fuse characters, have characters pray for other characters, and for characters to preform rituals together. You should never let under any circumstances a character preform any banishing spells or spells to induce harm on another character. (This is something that I struggled with in the past. Please, learn from my mistakes!)