Casting Instructions for 'Speak with Animals'
strong1. Introduction/strong hr The most fundamental aspect of telepathic communication with animals is an understanding of grounding. Grounding, within the field of electrical theory, is a return path for electrical current; a direct connection to the earth, typically. So too is it for rituals of natural origin. Telepathic communication is fundamentally astral; that is, it exists of another plane. As such, a ground is required through which astral energy can flow freely into our dimension. For the ritual Speak with Animals, this ground takes the form of an elixir. strong1.1 Basic Elixir Principles/strong
- They must be taken from natural sources. Ingredients for elixirs should rarely, if ever, be purchased from stores. Their connection with the earth is usually unreliable, if ever it was established.
- They must be prepared by the user. This is essential to the success of the creation; it relies entirely on your powers, and will work only for you.
- They degrade over time. The rate of decay is difficult to determine, but it is most important to know: elixirs are most potent at the moment of their creation.
- 1 lb. of red grapes (these may be store bought, but must be organic)
- 4 cups of pure, distilled water
- 1 cup of raw, organic sugar (this may be store bought)
- 1 Tbsp of anise seed (this may be store bought, but must be organic)
- 1 Tsp of sea salt (preferably gathered using the method detailed in the Appendix section)
- 1 small piece of red or black agate (preferably found)
Note: These materials are most effective when grounded to the earth, e.g. home-grown. While this can often be difficult or impractical, a simple process can increase the efficacy of store-bought, organic materials. See re-grounding in Appendix section.Materials
- Small bundle of tinder, suitable for burning (should be of natural origin)
- Mortar and pestle
- Cat (with which to communicate)
- 64 oz Glass vessel (optional)
- The grapes should be crushed in a large, preferrably glass, bowl, extracting the available juice. Drain the juice from the crushed grapes, saving the juice, and discarding the crushed grapes.
- Bring water to a boil, purifying the solution and purging it of contaminants that would negatively affect the ritual. Once the water is boiling, remove it from heat, and mix in sugar. Let the solution cool.
- Using a mortal and pestle, crush the anise seed and sea salt.
- Once the water is sufficiently cooled (warm to the touch, but no more), mix it together with the grape juice, anise seed, and salt.
Note: This elixir may be preserved for 5-7 days with little effect to potency if stored properly (see storage method detailed in Appendix section).Method 2: Non-alcoholic Elixir
Note: This method is equally potent, though the observed decay rate is much faster than the alcoholic elixir.
Note: This elixir may be preserved for 2-4 days with little affect to potency if stored properly (see storage method detailed in Appendix section).3. Using the Elixir hr Using the elixir is a simple process. It requires a quiet, focused mind (see focusing techniques in Appendix section), an environment free of distractions, the elixir, and the cat with which the user intends to communicate. Once these elements have been achieved, the user should drink the elixir. Due to variation in ingredient quality, user experience, and atmospheric disturbances, there is no accurate recommendation regarding the amount to be consumed. As a general rule, users should begin with small quantities no more than three or four mouthfuls in order to gauge the effects of the elixir. Once a baseline has been established, carefully consume the amount necessary to the first stage of the ritual. 3.1 Stage One: Cerebral Glow A common feature of elixirs, Cerebral Glow is the beginning phase of any elixir-based ritual. It is characterized by intense, but soothing, warmth experienced in and around the brain. During this stage, isolate yourself with the target. There should be no other visible animals in the area. Using your own Glow, attempt to feel the Glow of the target animal.
Note: The cause of this sensation has been explored by many mystic religions, each of which possess their own theory on its source. In traditional Hinduism, it is attributed to the Ajna chakra; a bridge that allows two minds to communicate. In modern neo-spiritualism, it is commonly considered to originate in the pineal gland, the suspect source of the spirit molecule.3.2 Stage Two: Aural Vibration Often occurring within moments of Cerebral Glow, Aural Vibration is characterized by a soft, calming, low-frequency vibration perceived both physically and mentally. It should last for the duration of the ritual, and users should attempt to maintain awareness of it at all times (when engaged in any ritual). It is likely that, during this stage, you will locate your targets Glow.
Note: The prevailing theory on Aural Vibration suggests that it is the sound of earths resonant frequency. The perception of that frequency, when combined with an enhanced awareness of the Ajna or spirit molecule, induces sub-sonic communication, similar to radio waves.3.3 Stage Three: Open Channel After a firm sense of Aural Vibration is established, the final stage is initiated. The Open Channel is the link through which the user and the cat will communicate. Unlike previous stages, there are no overt signs that an Open Channel has been achieved. When the time is right, however, youll know it.
Note: The Open Channel is understood through an inference made using previous stages effects and causes. Both stages contribute to the broadening of the mind, making users aware of subconscious channels, or electrical fields. Those channels are then tuned by the elixir, establishing the user as a ground, or conduit, through which they may move, allowing the user to consciously manipulate them.4. Special Considerations
- Telepathic communication is a magical art form unto itself. As such, it takes time to improve ones technique; therefore, you should not be surprised if you initially find it difficult to communicate with your target. As your experience and skill progresses, you will find that both yourself and target animals are more receptive to communication, and may converse more freely and with greater detail.
Note: It is my experience that some animals are more receptive to telepathic communication. I have specifically selected cats for this example due to their highly individual nature. Virtually any cat will present a challenge to communicate with because of their unique and unpredictable personalities.
- If using Method 1: Alcoholic Elixir, users should be aware that fermentation is a science, requiring strict control over pH levels, temperature, and other environmental factors; however, this is not necessary to successfully cast the Speak with Animals ritual (or any other elixir-based ritual, for that matter).
- Ensure there is no mold growth on the surface of the elixir this indicates a pollution of the potion, and in addition to destroying its efficacy, could also sicken the user.
The elixir should not smell foul. The scent may range from vaguely fruity to strongly vinegary this is normal.
Note: Elixir spoilage is commonly caused by mischief committed by sprites. If your elixir was affected, do not be discouraged. While sprites are often bothersome, they are not malicious, and rarely commit the same misdeed twice.
- Due to the limited fermentation period, this type of elixir is only slightly alcoholic, resembling vinegar more closely than wine. However, it does contain alcohol, and should not be abused, misused, or otherwise used in a manner not consistent with good-intentioned rituals.
Note: to prevent bias, I will refrain from listing my findings on animal alignments here.The exact nature of this evil is difficult to determine, as most records on the studies of dark magic have been long since misplaced or destroyed. This lost knowledge is not easy to regain, and under no circumstances should any user attempt to observe, study, or engage any element or entity suspected to be evil. It does not take a great caster to unleash great evil; it only takes one willing soul. A. Appendix hr
Focusing TechniquesIt is hugely important that users have focused minds when attempting spells or rituals. Clearing the mind of distractions and concerns promotes attention and mindfulness, increasing the efficacy and potency of magical energies.
- Concentrate on your breath.
- Still your body. With stillness of the body comes stillness of the mind.
- Involve your mind. Think about the task at hand. Consider its nature, its many parts, and its meaning to you. Do not let your thoughts stray.
- Identify one element of your task. Visualize it as a pinpoint of light on a curtain of night.
Gathering Sea SaltThis method requires access to a source of clean, unpolluted saltwater. Salt can be extracted from saltwater by boiling any volume of saltwater until their is a small amount (less than 1/4) remaining in the pot. The remaining water should be evaporated in the sun, leaving behind pure sea salt.
Re-groundingThe process of re-grounding is required when spell and ritual ingredients cannot be obtained through natural means. To reground objects, materials, and ingredients:
- Wrap the item in an earthen textile like hemp, burlap, or organic cotton. Ensure that no area on the item is exposed.
Bury the item at least six inches underground, in an area where only animals are likely to tread.
- If possible, divine an area possessing high electromagnetic qualities using a magnetite pendant.
Visit the area at least once during the re-grounding. Put your lips to the ground, though do not touch it, and whisper words of encouragement.
- These words should possess deep meaning to you; to reiterate, magic is drawn from within you, and is reliant on your efforts and energies for its efficacy.
- After six days, the item should be sufficiently grounded and ready for use in spells and rituals.
Storage of Elixirs- Elixirs must be stored in a way similar to re-grounded items. Each elixir will keep for a varying amount of time, depending on its various components. To store elixirs:
- Wrap the elixir in an earthen textile like hemp, burlap, or organic cotton. Ensure that no area on the elixir is exposed.
- Bury the elixir at least six inches underground, in an area where only animals are likely to tread.
|Print Spell||Mark this spell as Spam|
Please report any violations of copyright via our contact page.
* All information on this page is provided by the coven or person named and the contents of this page is not mediated by the administrators of the website. Please use common sense when following any directions on this page. Do not ingest anything which does not seem safe. If you suspect the content of this page to be intentionally deceiving please contact us immediately.