Why do spells work and sometimes they don't work? There are many things that contribute to a spell or ritual work properly and not one thing alone. All of the following combined together is what will make a Spell, Hex or Curse work and work good.
The proper Moon phase
The proper Planetary Hour and Day
The proper materials and supplies
The mental condition of the Practitioner
The will of the Universe
The experience of the practitioner
The Magical Energy built up by the Practitioner
Your belief in the magic you are working
The proper Spell
1. The Moon phase... The proper Moon phase is one of the keys to success in Spell casting. There are many Spells that I do on the night of the Full Moon for maximum effect and potency just as farmers may plant there seedlings during the Full Moon. The Moon effects everything and can effect our moods and actions. Ever notice that people seem to be more wound up and crazy during the Full Moon? I see it all the time.
There are four phases of the Moon... New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon and the Waning Moon. Each of these phases has a 7 day period for doing your Magical workings. If you add these phases up, you come up with the 28 day lunar month. The time period for each phase is... 3 days before to 3 days after. This gives you plenty of time to plan and do you Spell casting. Not everyone can plan on doing Magic on one certain day, so this opens the window of opportunity for those of you who have a busy schedule.
Here is what the different phases are normally used for in Magic.
New Moon - This phase is very similar to the Waning Moon and used to rid ones self of things.
Waxing Moon - This phase is for doing Spells that might increase your gain such as money, power or other material things.
Full Moon - This the phase where I do my most important spells. For my beliefs are that my Magic is much more powerful during this phase. Most people like my friends only consider the Full Moon the actual day that it is the fullest and marked on the calendar. They do not know that the Moon has the same influence for a seven day period. Once again I personally prefer to work on the night of the Full Moon, at its fullest.
Waning Moon - This phase is normally for Spells that do away with things or make things go away. Such as making an enemy go away or a bad spirit or slander along with many other things.
2. The proper materials and supplies... These are so very important, for one must have all the proper things needed for a spell. You may possibly need herbs, colored candles, Voodoo Dolls, oils and of coarse the proper spell. The herbs, colored candles and oils are specific ones that are associated with that type of spell. In other words they have a vibration that is related to the what you are trying to accomplish. For instance if you are doing a love spell you would not want to use green candles... you would want to use red candles and if you were doing a money spell you would not want to use red candles... you would use green. For Candles you can go to my Candle Magic page to see what color corresponds to what need. For oils and herbs there are many other sites out there and books that will tell you what what corresponds to what. For Voodoo Dolls you can make you own out of wax or cloth material. It doesn't have to look like the victim because you are going to visualize it as being the victim. There may be a need for a Dagger to trace magical symbols in the air. Daggers can be purchased online quite easily. If you cannot find the supplies you need in your town the I suggest you look online at Avatar Search.
3. The mental condition of the Practitioner... This is also very important. You must be in the right state of mind. If you are trying to do a love spell, you must have the emotion of love for that person to project out into the universe in order for it to manifest. In other words you cannot be angry or depressed when doing the love spell. The same goes for Black Magic Hexes and so forth... you must be worked up into rage or a very hate filled mood to project hate at the Victim. You cannot expect a Hex to work on someone if you are in a Jolly mood when performing the spell. Your mind must be in sync with the type of Spell you are doing. Plus you must believe in your work and not have doubts. How can you expect a spell to work if you don't believe in them but you want to try them just to see if they do work. You will get nothing from that.
4. The will of the Universe... Many of you ask ... well how long will it take to work? That is up to the Universe as to when it will manifest. It could be a couple days or it could take weeks or a couple months. There have been many times I have done spells an had no quick results and then POOF! Two months later it happens! I had almost forgot about it. So be patient and have faith in your workings. Positive thinking = positive outcome.
5. The experience of the Practitioner... The person casting the spells should have some experience or at least some good study and practice. Many of you out there, especially the younger ones expect that you can do a spell for the first time with no knowledge of how they work or why and have studied the Occult none whatsoever. I strongly advise you to study all aspects of the Occult and practice, practice, practice. Dabblers will get no where except hurt. Remember the more you practice Magic and do certain Rituals the more you will build up your powers and therefore be more potent in your spells.
6. The Magical Energy built up by the Practitioner... This is one way to add potency to your Spells and Hexes. I am a Sorcerer and not a Witch so I will tell you what I do. I use the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram and the Middle Pillar Ritual. They serve to protect me and they build up my Aura and my Psychic and Magical powers. This covers all my grounds when doing Spells and makes me glow with power! I know there are many different Rituals out there according to what you believe in so find the ones that suite your beliefs and get to work on them everyday of your life and you will see a difference in the quality of your life and the potency of your Magical doings.
7. Your belief in the magic you are working... You must believe in your magical workings. If you don't, how can you expect them to work. You must have faith, be patient and you must believe! So many of you want to try some spells first to see if they work and then you'll decide to believe. That's not the way to do it! If you do not believe in the Occult and Magic... then I suggest you stay away from it. Word to the wise... Magic is not a game or something to just Dabble in or play with. Magic is a way of life.
8. The proper Spell... Let's face it... you must have a good spell. Some of the spells out there are pure crap and some are really good. Some spells may work better for you than others, so experiment and keep a journal of your workings so that you will know which ones work best for you and which ones don't. Also just because a spell doesn't work for you doesn't mean that it is no good... you may have not been the right state of mind or maybe you didn't have the proper materials. All the above things on this page come into play. So like I said... keep a journal and find the Spells that work for you!