I understand the confusion when first starting out. Here is what i recommend:
1. Try researching different beliefs and different paths. Wiccan and Paganism is different, see if one suits you. Also see if any path are right for you such us nature witchcraft, chaos craft, hedge witchery, etc. Do you want to worship any gods? Otherwise electric witchery may be for you(your own personal custom path and beliefs/ mix of them) you can start here http://www.kitchenwiccan.com/pagan-wiccan/types-of-witches/
2. i often see newbies skipping this step and then failing in their spells and giving up their craft.
You must GROUND. please meditate. open and cleanse your chakras, the stronger they are the better chance you will have with a good spell. especially your crown ans thrid eye chakras. you can find plenty of articles on grounding, meditation, and the chakras on this site. there are also many crystals to help with each chakra.
3. Have a grimoire or book of shadows. A nice notebook that you will keep to yourself and record what you learn, your path, spells you do, etc. ps- you never show anyone your BOS, typically.
4. Start off with easy spells, probably ones that help you balance your new awakening power or help open the 3rd eye is what i recommend to begin with. Also know what spells are real and fake if you are using ones from this site.
5. Learn about protection and safety before casting. you may also want to learn how to cast a circle first.
6. Do not do dangerous or extreme spells untill you are ready and know what you are doing. also, you may want to learn about the Law of Three.
if you have any other questions on basics you can feel free to ask me !