started my jar on friday, 13th 2013. its been 4 days i have been working on it. till now no signs.
Jars can take months to manifest and the idea is for the target to think positive thoughts. It is subtle work. So 4 days and no manifestation is not uncommon at all
1. i did not have his picture, but now i have, can i reopen my jar and put the picture inside.
No, once the jar is sealed you should not open it unless you are ending the work.
2. incase i cant open the jar, can i put the jar on picture while i pray on it and do candle work.
Yes, that's fine.
3. my candle leaves no leftover just a little wick.
Drippings can mean a lot of things, like tears associated with the intention. A bright clear flame is considered a good sign that its working.
4. candle burns well, flame goes well. i feel the energy while the candle burns, and i transfer all my energy into the jar after my candle is gone.
Good, see above. For what its worth, I have a pic of some drippings on my profile photos. It looks like two lovers embracing with a heart above them. There are also a lot of drips that look like tears. I just think it is interesting. There are some good sites that have interpretations of flames and drippings.
5. can i carry my jar along with me to work?
I dunno, you should work the jar once a day for a week and then 3x a week MWF after that. I don't think it is a good idea for people at your job to necessarily see your spell work. But who knows, maybe you work at a botanica?
6. do we need to burn the candle at same time everyday or the time can vary to convenience. i usually do by 12.30 am.
Hoodoo tradition typically does not follow correspondences in ceremonial magick. Nevertheless, I burn candles at the hour of venus in conjunction with burning incense as an offering to the goddess of love. Your mileage may vary.
please give your valuable comments on my situation.
Be patient and whatever you do don't obsess over the work. Obsession leads to negative energy which can have bad outcomes. Let the work progress and give it time. Be active in the work, that is be nice to your target and don't be afraid to talk or communicate with the target. Honey jar is like a supplement to doing the right things.
If you expect love be sure you are willing to give it back. The universe needs more love so I hope your work leads to that!
Good luck with you work and Blessings and Light to you!
Don't forget to dress the candle in the oils and herbs you are working towards.
1. Never open your jar once it's completed. You should have had the pic to begin with, you would have to make a new one and you can keep the old one, it's just not going to as powerful without the pic.
2. You put a picture under a candle in candle magic. You can try this, but it's not really going to do anything without everything else added. Like I said before make a new jar.
3. Whatever the candle leaves on the jar, leave it there. Your suppose to have melted wax all over the jar with the correct candle color and dressing
4. If you feel you can do this, then yes. But, simply you would just have to pray to the jar and shake it once a day, you can also use the pasalms to pray as well. This alone with collect your energy.
5. No, do not carry the jar with you, if you want something to carry with the same effects, try a mojo bag or nation sack. The jar can easily be broken and be a mess, do not carry it with you. Leave it where it's safe.
6. In hoodoo there's no set moon cycles or times to do something. You don't need to burn the candle at a certain time everyday. Actually you can burn the candle 3 times a week or everyday, it's up to the person. If you choose 3x a week, I recommend Mon, Wed and Fri and remeber everytime you burn that candle dress it in oils and herbs for a more powerful effect.
I hope this helps and make sure to research more on honey jars to make it's effects stronger.
No offense to anyone but the herbs and oils go inside the jar. No need to dress the candle. And everything thor said was correct accept about the picture. You must have some of there dna in the jar. And yours. I am not wrong. Ask aedah. She is the expert. I like to carve the initials of the targets in one side of the candle and love on the other side when i am working a jar for someone else. I also like to lay a crystal next to the jar, pointing north while i am burning the candle. 1st week mon, wed, fri. Burn a white candle. 2nd week pink candles. 3rd week red candles. Every day. "shake" the jar. You cant realy shake honey but you can roll it around quickly while stating your intent 5 times, 3 to 4 times a day. Most of that is personal preference but it works. ~blessed be~
Hi, I did a honey jar a few weeks ago that worked on this guy as he wanted me back and I thought it impossible. I did exactly what was on this website:
Then every other day I burned a red candle on top of the jar. I put it on my altar, sometimes moving it to the window sill to get energy from outside. I regularily put my hands on the jar, visualising the guy comming back to me and loving me. at times I would shake the jar too.
It took a few weeks to work, but it DID work, the results being that the guy contacted me more and more, then making a romantic move on me yesterday. I am still continueing the work, as I want full results. Good luck!
No offense, Barbi, but no one here or anywhere else is an "expert" when it comes to magic. The person you mentioned may have come up with a good method for working a honey jar, but let's not get ready to worship the ground they walk on over it.
There are tons of way to make and work any kind of jar. And each person you talk to is going to have something slightly different to say than the last person.
For example, I don't agree with Cat's method of burning a candle on top of the jar for X days. In fact, I only put a candle on jar work if I want to see how the work is going (divination).
For as many people as you can find to tell you to do a jar one way, you'll find just as many who will tell you to do it another way. I can think of no less than 7 people (who are professional rootworkers) who could argue for days on the different ways to do it.
O.k. Thank you. I shouldnt have tried to put them on a pedastal. I was going on popular opinion here in the forums over the last few months. Sorry, but i had to lol about the comment "worship the ground they walk on" i think if you have a foto, then you should do a sweet jar with sugar as it works quicker.
sorry for writing too much. but i am new and dont know where to go, found this forum full of supportive people.
i did not have any personal concern so i started with his name and rose petals and cinnamon. recently i got his facebook account and downloaded his picture and got it printed with a photographer. so i was wondering if i could put it in the jar.
i carve his full name and mine too, i.e. "his name loves my name". pray on my jar and burn the candle, all the while candle burns i visualize about him.
i am using birthday candles, i guess is the reason why it doesnt leave any wax on the jar, my candle takes half an hour to burn, and burns very well with a good flame of about 2 inches.
yesternight i noticed twin flames all the while, and then i put some sugar in the flame.
he is not talking to me, i tried a few times, and thats why i started honey jar.
what i believe is even if the one you love doesnt love you back, but if they can be friends with you, you at least can make them smile. he is lonely and i wish to get into his shell to make him happy.
please advise shall i start a sugar jar too with his photograph or continue with this one, today is the 6th day. and i am hopeful it will work.
Along with this, i have placed his photograph on a mirror inside out and mine on the other side ( i found this spell on one site, to make him think of me when he look at his reflection in mirror)
i just want him to open up as he seems to be shattered with his past experiences and not letting me in. if he starts speaking to me again, i am sure i can make him fall for me, with all my love and without any magic.