In a book I recently bought, there are a couple of guided meditations for meeting your house faeries. It is easy to tell that the author of this book is pagan, but there is definitely nothing wrong with meditation of any sort, and meditation, in its most basic form, at least, is recommended to everyone, Christians included. I'm not sure if this is what you're truly looking for, but here is what I have:
Drawing Close to the House Fairies
1. Pick a time when you are on your own in the house, or at least sharing it only with people who are prepared to be peaceful with you. Sit comfortably in your favorite lace and close your eyes. Imagine yourself leaving your body, as a spirit, and wandering around in your home. Linger in each room, looking about you. Float up to the ceiling, pass through walls, into cupboards, and even below the floorboards, if that feels right.
2. What part of the house especially draws you? What areas feel welcoming and special? Do you feel compelled to do anything in a part of the home that you do not do now? Is there some artifact--a toy, a special tool, or a vase--to which you feel particularly attracted? Or anything that repels?
3. Ask the fairies in your home to show themselves to you. What happens? Do you see, hear, smell, or feel anything?
4. When you are ready, come back to every day awareness. If you have identified somewhere special in your home, honor with a bunch of dried herbs, a lighted candle, or anything else that feels right.
Meditation to Draw Close to the House Fairies
1. Relax within your home and make sure that you will not be disturbed. Because you are doing this meditation in your own home, you could find it a little unnerving at fist, so mentally surround yourself with an egg of light, as protection. A ring of salt, candles, daisies, or the protective her St. John's wort will help you feel safe. However, by doing this you may offend benevolent fairies, who cannot understand how humans can be so stupid as not to realize who is what!
2. Become very aware of your body and surroundings. How do you feel? Do you feel safe, warm, and comfortable? If not, why not? If you are uncomfortable due to material circumstances, adjust them before proceeding. If the cause is something more subtle, try to identify what this is, as far as you are able.
3. What sounds are there n the house around you? Can you hear creaks and movements? Try to listen beyond the hum of the refrigerator and the gurgle of the water in the pipes. What scents are you aware of? Is there a subtle fragrance, or any smell that reminds you of the past or something special?
4. Imagine now that beings are coming toward you, from the corners of your house. They may be tall and stately, small and dainty, or swarthy and hairy. You may also see a deceased relate or a long dead ancestor that you recognize by some sign. If all the fairies seem benign, apologize to them for your protective measures.
5. Speak to the fairies. Ask them what you can do to make better contact with them. Request advice concerning your home. One of the fairies may act as a spokesperson, or you may be taken to a part of your home and shown something. If this is the case, take careful note.
6. Occasionally, this exercise may reveal to you that there are presences in the home that do NOT feel god. If this is the case, say a firm "Go away" and bring yourself back to everyday awareness, immediately but gently.
7. When you have come back to everyday awareness, your home may well feel different to you, having contacted the spirits of place. Retain this awareness, and always respect the fairies. Repeat the meditation from time to time to feel right.
The Fairy Bible by Teresa Moore