I am currently working on a study concerning spirituality and religion in the West. I was hoping to find some people on this site that would be willing to provide me with their insight. Please note that all responses will be anonymous for the purpose of this study. I have outlined what I am looking for below. Unfortunately, I have no reward to offer you other than my sincerest thanks. Once you have responded with your information, I will send a reply that will provide you with more detail as to the purpose of this research. I cannot describe the study further at this time; this is an effort to avoid any bias in the responses. You can either send your responses via the mail system on this site, or you can respond here directly . If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. Thanks in advance for your time!
What to expect:
For the purposes of this study, I am collecting information about individuals spiritual and religious practices. The survey below is fairly short and to the point. There are a total of 12 questions on the survey. You may respond to the questions however you like. There is no length requirement for your answers; I simply ask that you provide as much detail as you can. I ask that you please do not skip any questions. If a question does not apply to you, then please indicate as such. The questions will ask about your spiritual and/or religious practices and a bit about the history of your religious affiliations. Any information that you provide will be completely anonymous within the study your username or any other identifiable information will not be used at any time.
For the sake of the validity of the data collected, PLEASE do not respond unless you fulfill the requirements outlined within this section.
- Have practiced your current religion/spiritual path consistently for at least 3 years
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident of the United States for at least 5 years
- How old are you?
- How long have you lived in the US?
- Describe your current religion and/or spiritual path
- If you had to label your religious affiliation and/or spiritual path (e.g., Christian, Wiccan, etc.), what would it be?
- How long have you practiced your religion and/or spiritual path?
- Did you practice any other religions and/or spiritual paths before your current one? If so, which ones?
- How consistently do you practice (e.g., daily, as needed, occasionally, rarely, etc.)?
- What are some activities/actions involved in your practice? Please list any particular activities and provide detail for each. For example: meditation, divination techniques, rituals, prayer, etc.
- Why do you practice this particular religion and/or spiritual path?
- Do you follow all the tenets of your religion and/or spiritual path?
- If not, which ones do you not follow and why?
- What do you think of organized religion (i.e., established, mainstream religious groups such as Christianity, Judaism, etc.) in general? Why do you think this?