I'm in the same boat; I've gotten close, but no dice.
It does take a lot of practice, I will say that. Think about it. You're trying to will your soul out of your body. That's a hard thing to wrap your head around, and even harder to accomplish. Most cases of OBEs are when a person is near death. No one is going to succeed without lots of practice.
That said, here are a few tips:
- Do it in the morning if you can, when you're still only half-awake. It will be easier.
- Meditate before doing it; this clears your mind and helps you focus on your goal.
- You may want to use certain crystals to help you. Clear quartz is a good one and also a protector.
- If you have any god(s), pray first, for protection and success.
- If you have any "friends on the other side", you might want to ask for their help. I have a spirit friend who helped pull me out of my body a little.