I'm in the same boat; I've gotten close, but no dice.
It does take a lot of practice, I will say that. Think about it. You're trying to will your soul out of your body. That's a hard thing to wrap your head around, and even harder to accomplish. Most cases of OBEs are when a person is near death. No one is going to succeed without lots of practice.
That said, here are a few tips:
- Do it in the morning if you can, when you're still only half-awake. It will be easier.
- Meditate before doing it; this clears your mind and helps you focus on your goal.
- You may want to use certain crystals to help you. Clear quartz is a good one and also a protector.
- If you have any god(s), pray first, for protection and success.
- If you have any "friends on the other side", you might want to ask for their help. I have a spirit friend who helped pull me out of my body a little.
Re: Astral Projection
By: Aeons_Wing / Novice Oct 19, 2015
Post # 5
Meditate deeply, get your proprioception out of joint, and then (most importantly) trick yourself into giving up.
It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. It was years before I figured it out, too, but it didn't feel like the result of a consistent practice. It felt like an accidental success. So, I can totally believe that somebody can just get it on their first try.
This is my strategy on Astral Projection:-
1. Lay in bed comfortably
2. Nice slow deep breath, lower your heart beat.
3. Keep your mind awake, just picture anything.
4. Don't move your body, let your physical body sleep.
5. Forget everything and focus on the picture/movie in your head.
6. You will notice the slip in and slip out from the minor astral projection. When you somehow think of the physical world.
7. Forcing your mind will not let you enter the astral world. Your body have to be asleep but your mind need to be awake not in the physical world, but in whatever you are imagining.
8. Lastly, it have to be natural like water! Let your mind flow to where ever it wants.
9. The only way to know if you reached astral projection is the slip in and slip out. With full mental consciousness, with no physical awareness.
All the best.
Re: Astral Projection
By: Taziar / Beginner Oct 23, 2015
Post # 8
This is how I normally attempt ..feel free to correct me where I'm going wrong
1. Lay down breath deeply and slowly and start meditation
2. Once I feel the calm setting in I cast I pull in some added energy
3 I cast a mental protection circle
4 I proceed back to meditation and attempt to see the third eye
5 this is where I loose it everthing goes blank and now its morning
When I wake up I feel drained and remember nothing no dreams nothing so I don't know if I have projected or fell asleep ..every once in a while I might remember walking around my house but it seems like a fleeting thought