This is a recipe from Scott Cunningham's 'The complete book of incense, oils and brews'. They are used as symbols to attract money. :)
4 tbsp. Ground cloves
4 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
4 tbsp. Ground nutmeg
A few drops of: clove oil
2 tbsp. Ground gum Arabic
4 tbsp. Water
1) combine the spices and oils and mix well.
2) Empower them (Bless them)
3)Add the gum and water together and mix well.
4) Join the two mixtures, and stir, with fingers until you get a heavy, dough like product.
5) if the mixture is too mushy add more spices
6) Make several round flat circles from the dough with your hands.
7) trace a pentacle ( your preferred symbol of faith eggs. A cross, a pentagram) onto the flat circles with a sharp knife.
8) leave in a warm place to dry, but keep out if the sun.
9) Enjoy them! Carry them with you to attract money, leave on your alter, give as gifts etc.
Each one has a life span of 4 weeks, when finished, bury in the ground and move on to a new one. :)
With Lughnasa coming up I thought it would be nice to post a craft idea:) enjoy
(again this is from Scott Cunningham's 'The complete book of incense oils and brews, it's not mine)