This article was added by Spell Casters
The energy of the Moon is archetypically feminine, receptive, mirroring, & cyclical. She represents the deep listening & intuitive lunar consciousness in men & women.
The practice of Moon Magick unfolds through our alignment with the natural rhythm of the moon's cycle:
~Full Moon: Time to shine & share what we're experiencing & doing.
- Full Moon is a traditional time for social gatherings, festivals & rituals.
- The outward pull is at its strongest & invites us to be wild & free; to sensually participate in creation & howl at the moon.
- Instincts are heightened & life force is activated. In order to surf the wave & use the energy for our benefit we need to stay balanced, heart-centered & grounded.
- Full Moons are strongly linked to relationships, love, romance & passion.
~Waxing Gibbous: Time to nurture & support whatever we want to create or change.
- Its time to bring in resources, communicate & act with clarity & a strong sense of commitment.
~First Quarter: Time to plant seeds & set intentions.
- The outward pull increases. A good time to take action, make decisions, formulate goals, & move forward.
~Waxing Crescent: Time to dream & explore new potential.
- Open to inspiration & ideas, we envision what's possible for us & how to move forward.
- At this stage the impulses are observed & held but not yet fixed or translated into action.
~New Moon: Time to rest up & let go of all that no longer serves us.
- The New Moon bring renewal & regeneration, but first we need to empty ourselves.
- The inward pull is at its strongest & invites us to look deep into our inner world & acknowledge both shadow & light.
~Waning Crescent: Time to integrate.
- Assess what's essential, what needs to be kept & treasured & what needs to be released. Reflection & thanks-giving.
~Last Quarter: Time to harvest.
- Celebrate what has grown, changed & manifested since the First Quarter. The inward pull slowly increases again.
~Waning Gibbous: Time to complete & to keep going.
- This time is ideal to tie up the lose end of our projects. Discipline might be required to master, ripen, & bring to fruition that which we are working with. Right priorities & focus are required & a sense of satisfaction starts to arise from each completed step.
~The cycle of the Moon & the Wheel of the Year share the same basic pattern of the circle & the cross.
~There are symbolic & literal correspondences between the Moon cycle & women's menstrual cycle, which can be synchronized in various ways. I'll provide examples below.
* All information on this page is provided by the coven or person named and the contents of this page is not mediated by the administrators of the website. Please use common sense when following any directions
on this page. Do not ingest anything which does not seem safe. If you suspect the content of this page to be intentionally deceiving please contact us immediately.
Magic spells for everyone, anytime, any occasion.
Be sure to check us out at www.spellsofmagic.com for more details and
information on making your spells more powerful and
effective. We have hundreds of free spells which you can cast, or have us