Your questions was:
Can you help me find the ingredients for the Revival and Restoration Spells? I would like to know them after casting the Resurrection SpellWe have found the following results which may help you:
- Are all of the spells on the site bad?
- Are love spells dangerous?
- Are love spells for beginners who know the basics?
- Are there any protection spells?
- Are there any spells to change the sex of a person?
- Are there spells which can change your age?
- Are there teachers on this website that can help you? If so what do we do or where do we got to find them?
- Are the spells on this website real or fake?
- Are the trick spells real?
- Are your spells weaker when you are sick?
- Can any magic or spell be reversed?
- Can any or all spells be cast by voice alone? Do you know if theres a book I can from this site that can help me study spells written to teach for casting by voice?
- Can a person cast spells in the Afternoon?
- Can a spell help increase my height?
- Can a spell make me immortal?
- Candle are required for many spells. Can a candle be put out and relit or do they have to burn out by themselves?
- Can I cast a spell for a specific purpose more than once?
- Can I cast more than one spell at a time?
- Can I change the color of my eyes using spells?
- Can I create my own spell?
- Can I die while doing a spell?
- Can I help make a sick family member well without being with the person?
- Can I play music while casting a spell to help create the mood for the spell?
- Can I publish my own spells on this site?
- Can i try any spell even when i don't know any magic yet?
- Can pictures be black and white when performing a spell?
- Can spells be cast in God's name and does he give us the power to do so?
- Can toxic dreams be very helpful?
- Can we ask questions that we already know the answer to, to expand FAQs and help new members?
- Can what you eat effect a spell you plan to do later that day?
- Can you become pregnant from the sex spells?
- Can you change someone else's spell (not completly but just enough to fit your needs)?
- Can you do too many spells?
- Can you help me find the ingredients for the legendary spells to bring the dead back to life known as Revival and Restoration meant to next bring back the physical body of the dead person to the waiting Spirit after a Ressurrection Spell was cast. Then the final spell Restoration to bring back the personality and full memory of the being. Please use whatever magic you can to help me teach you more legendary spells. My true identity is to be kept sacred.
- Can you make anything your spell book?
- Can you see a familiar or spirit that you summoned using spells in this website?
- Can you use spells over the phone?
- Could a human cast these spells?
- Could I paraphrase another persons spell so it can become my own?
- Do all of these spells work?
- Do diet and weight loss spells work?
- Do different tones affect a spell?
- Do enchantment spells work?
- Does a candle have to stay lit up after casting a spell?
- Does being in different places like indooor or outdoors affect magic?
- Does Christmas boost powers like Halloween?
- Does every book of shadows contain every spell?
- Does my magick power increase even if I fail a spell?
- Does my menstrual cycle affect spell casting?
- Does the flying spell work ?
- Does your Element help with magick?
- Do fairy spells really work?
- Do flying spells work?
- Do I always have to cast a circle when I do spells?
- Do I need to be a Wiccan or Witch to cast a spell?
- Do I need to meditate before doing a spell?
- Do spells need to stay in the language they were written in or can they be translated into another language?
- Do spells work?
- Do tarot cards help Witches?
- Do the spell books in the online shop work?
- Do time traveling spells work?
- Do weather spells work?
- Do weight gain spells work?
- Do wish spells work?
- Do you have to be 13 or older for the spells to work?
- Do you have to cast a spell right after you craft it?
- Do you have to memorize the spells?
- Do you have to say " This is my will so mote it be" at the end of every spell?
- Do you need to write down your reason(s) for writing a spell as step of the spell crafting proccess ?
- How big should your circle be when circle casting?
- How can a person know if they sense a Ghost?
- how can i do magik and know if it has happened
- How can I find a teacher on this site?
- How can I find my spirit animal?
- How can I save the spell I found?
- How can I view the spells I favourited?
- How can you become a wizard and will the spells work better if you're a wizard?
- How do cast your first spell?
- How does a wand effect a spell?
- How does meditation help you with magic?
- How do I add spells?
- How do I add spells to this website?
- How do I cast a circle?
- How do I cast these spells?
- How do I create a spell?
- How do I determine which spell is real?
- How do I edit a spell?
- How do I find a coven?
- How do I find a mentor in Wicca?
- How do I find out which moderator gagged me?
- How do I find out who I was in past lives?
- How do I find out who viewed my post?
- How do I find shops in my area?
- How do I find spells I've marked as favorites?
- How do I get a spell to break a curse?
- How do I get reputation to knowledgeable?
- How do I know exactly when the moon is waxing?
- How do I know how long I have been a member?
- How do I know if I've been blocked?
- How do I know if Magick is in my blood?
- How do I know if my spells have been viewed?
- How do I know that I am feeling the energy around me?
- How do I know the correct way of pronounsing words?
- How do I know when I'm centered?
- How do I know whether I have been gagged?
- how do i make a spell and will it work during trial and error?
- How do I post a spell
- How do i search for and find members?
- How do I tell what ranking spells are?
- How do I upload a spell?
- How do I write my own spells, and how do I know if they worked effectively?
- How do spells work?
- How do you add a spell?
- How do you break a love spell?
- How do you delete a spell?
- How do you finding your magical name?
- How do you find out your spirit weapon?
- How do you find your element?
- How do you get a title like "Experienced"?
- How do you know if a spell is real?
- How do you know if somebody has requested to be your friend?
- How do you know what coven you should get involved with
- How do you know when you are gagged?
- How do you know you have opened your third eye?
- How do you know you're the leader of a coven?
- How do you make spells?
- How do you send someone mail or a message if you just read their spell
- How do you take down spells that you have posted?
- How do you write a spell?
- How long does a spell backfire last?
- How long does it take for a spell to work?
- How long does it take to perfect a simple spell?
- How long do you have to be on this site to upload a spell?
- How many spells do you have to do to move on to intermediate?
- How many times must you chant a spell?
- How to deal with someone casting spells against you?
- How will I know if my spell is going to work?
- How will you know when you've hit communication limit?
- How would one self-initiate themselves?
- I been trying to cast a spell but I have been unsucessful. What am I doing wrong?
- I believe in magic, but the spells don't work. Why?
- If I block somebody, will they know that I've blocked them?
- If I deleted the email I used to create my account, would my account be deleted?
- If I make a small mistake in saying a spell do I have to redo it?
- If I'm not experienced in casting a spell and cast one, will it still work?
- If someone has had a binding or love spell placed on them to keep them from leaving the relationship, is there a spell that can undo whatever has been done and return free will?
- If you were born empathic,psychic, etc. Could a body or spiritual spells change that?
- I have a membership, but I can't find where I can start a new thread in forums.
- I need help getting this negative energy from around me.
- Is doing spell work against God?
- Is energy something I gain by performing spells and mediation?
- Is Halloween a powerful night to cast a spell?
- Is it normal for a spell you've written not to work?
- Is it possible for an object to have multiple spells in placed on it? Like- invisible to me and a hex as well?
- Is it possible for a non-coven member to post spells?
- Is it possible for someone to cast a spell for me right now?
- Is it possible to find, or get, Fairy Dust or Dragon's Blood?
- Is it possible to find out who rated my article?
- Is the Art of formal philosophers like Hermes Trismegistus the same as in Wicca?
- Is the Priest and Priestess like parents?
- Is there a book that teaches to cast spells without ingredients. Voice alone?
- Is there a counter-spell?
- Is there any incantation that can help me concentrate during meditation?
- Is there any magic or spell that does not go with candles and oils?
- Is there any speciality needed to cast spell?
- Is there anyway possible to cast a spell right now?
- Is there a spell to form mist?
- Is there a spell to time travel?
- Is there a way to help empty the mind for meditation I have so much going on in my mind (I think so much and so fast I rarely get sleep) so I need a way to help me empty my mind any tips?
- Is there a way to know if someone read your mail?
- Is there someone who I can ask for help?
- I want to make a girl i know fall in love with me. What spell should I use?
- My level in magic is 8+. 5+ is average level. What does that mean for me? How do I use my powers without ingredients?
- Should I feel tired after meditating?
- The spells I'm using don't seem to do anything. Why?
- What are some books you would suggest reading to help learn about herbs?
- What are the benefits of writing your own spell?
- What are the different types of spells?
- What are the stars on the top of spell card, are they difficulty level or no?
- What book is best for a beginner who doesn't even know what magic is?
- What does energy feel like?
- What does it mean if my spell level is 8+?
- What does it mean if there are no stars listed next to a spell?
- What does the most powerful spirit/sigil look like?
- What do I do if i can't afford supplies to cast spells?
- What do the stars mean next to a spell's name?
- What do you call a witch that can cast almost any spell just by saying words and does such an ability exist?
- What do you do with used ingredients when you are finished with a spell?
- What is a binding spell?
- What is a good day for wishing spells?
- What is a good starter spell?
- What is a useful spell that could be used for black and white magic
- What is circle casting?
- What is it like to have a vision?
- What is the difference between spells and rituals?
- What language must I speak to chant a spell?
- What's a good starting spell?
- What spells are best for a newbie?
- What spells are the easiest to start out with?
- What to do with the salt and water after you are done with the spell?
- When a spellcaster casts a spell, can they use other information about you besides your date of birth?
- When I create a spell and cast it, will it work since I made it?
- Where can I find a spell?
- Where can I find books on how and why magick works?
- Where can I find my inbox?
- Where can I purchase supplies for spellwork?
- Where do I find the chatter test?
- Where do you buy your candles and herbs for cleansing and spells?
- Which spell should I use to have my ev boyfriend come back?
- which time is best to cast spells
- Why does it say I'm a beginner / novice /knowledgeable / adept on my profile?
- Why do I get headaches everyime I cast a spell?
- Why do most of the spells rhyme?
- Why do spells take so long to work?
- Why do you need ingredients to cast a spell?
- Will a spell still work if it is written in another language?
- Will I be able to cast spell without knowing how to meditate?
- Will spells work if you whisper them?
Ask a new question:
- Are all of the spells on the site bad? (top)
The spells on this site are not all bad. It is up to the person casting the spell as to what the outcome is. It depends on the intent of the caster. There are some spells that have been written that are not real. It is up to you to decipher which ones are real or not. Anything that sounds far-fetched usually is a fake one.
- Are love spells dangerous? (top)
They can be. Some backfires include obsession and depression.
- Are love spells for beginners who know the basics? (top)
I would not mess with Love Spells because it forces one to do something agenst their own will. When mess with will there will be consequences. I would suggest maybe having a soul mate brought near that way your not affecting 1 person.
- Are there any protection spells? (top)
There is a whole section of Protection Spells here on this site at http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/spiritual_spells/protection_spells/page.html
- Are there any spells to change the sex of a person? (top)
No, you can not change your physical self like this through magic alone.
- Are there spells which can change your age? (top)
There are spells on this site which claim to have the ability to change the age of the caster, however, these are filed appropriately under the fantasy section of the site. As with anything in the realms of fantasy, they are present solely for the purpose of entertainment, and not as a true reflection of the capabilities of magic.
- Are there teachers on this website that can help you? If so what do we do or where do we got to find them? (top)
Most people on this website will not take someone as a student. Magick really cannot be taught properly except face-to-face. However, many of us will be more than happy to answer specific questions you might have on magical subjects.
- Are the spells on this website real or fake? (top)
Many of the spells and rituals here on SOM are real castings that will manifest actual results, however some of the spells, rituals, and posts contained within our site pages are not "real". These spells and rituals are considered fantasy castings due to their fictional structure and desired result. They even have their own section of the spell books. The best thing one can do is to use common sense, intelligence and maturity when researching any aspect of the craft. Be sure to cross reference all information on magical practice with reliable sources, this will help reduce confusion and misinformation being spread. The research suggested will also help one to differentiate between real magical practice and fantasy or faux magic.
- Are the trick spells real? (top)
Some are, and some aren't. You have to look through them and apply logic. If it seems unlikely and impossible, like manipulating the elements, it probably is fake.
- Are your spells weaker when you are sick? (top)
Yes, when your energy is down then you also have less energy to give a spell. You also don't want to use all your energy to cast a spell when you are sick because it might make you more ill.
- Can any magic or spell be reversed? (top)
If you mean a spell or hex/curse if you know what your doing than yes you can.
- Can any or all spells be cast by voice alone? Do you know if theres a book I can from this site that can help me study spells written to teach for casting by voice? (top)
Most spells are cast by using one's voice in some capacity. However, spells work when aspects such as focus, visualization, intent, and energy manipulation and direction are applied to the magical working.
- Can a person cast spells in the Afternoon? (top)
Yes you can cast your spell anytime it feels right to you. You may want to check you calendar for moon phases. Moon phases have a magical effect on spells depending on the spells.
- Can a spell help increase my height? (top)
If you're still physically able and growing in height, then just let your body take care of growing. Otherwise, what you can do is wear shoes that can raise your height; such as platform boots or high heel shoes.
- Can a spell make me immortal? (top)
No, sorry. You cannot become any other species through any means.
- Candle are required for many spells. Can a candle be put out and relit or do they have to burn out by themselves? (top)
There are two main ways to work with candles while casting a spell. The first is to burn an anointed/charged candle completely or until the candle burns itself out naturally. You can snuff the candle out and relight it if you need to or want to. Some candle spells are preformed over several consecutive nights/days where the candle is only burned for a specific period of time at each sitting. The other main way to use a candle in casting is to light the candle after it is anointed/charged and then after more energy is raise by letting it burn, you blow the candle out. The most common spell preformed this way is at a Birthday. The candles on the cake are lit, energy is raised as they burn in conjunction with the singing of the song Happy Birthday, and then as the Birthday girl/boy continues to think of their wish they blow the candles out.
- Can I cast a spell for a specific purpose more than once? (top)
You certainly can if you feel it will make it more likely that you will get the outcome you want.
- Can I cast more than one spell at a time? (top)
Of course you can; you just have to be careful of spreading yourself too thin. To get around this, try doing one or a couple of spells with more than one focal point of intent.
- Can I change the color of my eyes using spells? (top)
A practitioner may use a glamor spell to change the color of their irises. Though bare in mind that this is only temporary and an illusion. Ultimately spells can not be used to make permanent changes to your physique.
- Can I create my own spell? (top)
Yes, anyone can create their own spells if they have an understanding of magick and how it works.
- Can I die while doing a spell? (top)
One could die when doing a spell, but it would not be because you are casting a spell. You could die of any number of medical issues, you could be struck by a car or by lightening, etc. But all of these have nothing at all with doing the spell. Spells are not going to kill you.
- Can I help make a sick family member well without being with the person? (top)
Yes, you can. Simply make sure that you clearly visualize the person that you want to heal and see them well and happy. Then you direct the energy of the spell to make what you see in your mind become fact.
- Can I play music while casting a spell to help create the mood for the spell? (top)
You certainly may.
- Can I publish my own spells on this site? (top)
Yes. To add spells to the site, you must be council in a coven. Some covens, such as Spell Casters, automatically place members in this position. Once council, you can add spells to that covens spellbook, and thus the site.
- Can i try any spell even when i don't know any magic yet? (top)
Knowing how magic works and how to cast spells greatly increase one's ability to preform a successful magical casting. Those new to the craft may follow a spell without any other magical knowledge or practice and still obtain results, however research prior to casting a spell or other magical working will increase the chances for a successful magical casting.
- Can pictures be black and white when performing a spell? (top)
Yes, they certainly can.
- Can spells be cast in God's name and does he give us the power to do so? (top)
The answer to this question depends on one's understanding of magic and their personal beliefs. There are many who consider themselves to be Christian Witches and whom believe that their god gives them the ability to cast spells. One must keep in mind that there are many denominations of Christianity and some, but not all, believe that magic or spell casting goes against the teachings of the Bible. There are however, books written about The Power of the Psalms and other forms of Christian magic such as The 6th and 7th Books of Moses, The Red Church, and Gypsy Witch Penn. Dutch Pow Wows and Hexes.
- Can toxic dreams be very helpful? (top)
That is a very broad, general, and vague question. Nightmares/bad dreams can be helpful yes. They can still have a message that might help you. Whether you think this comes from a loved one, a god, or your psyche is up to you. So it's how you interpret the information given and what you do with it.
- Can we ask questions that we already know the answer to, to expand FAQs and help new members? (top)
If you would like, I see no problem in doing that. However, I did not make the FAQs, but like I said, I see no problem in doing so, as long as you do not ask the same questions over and over and you keep a limit to how many questions you ask a day.
- Can what you eat effect a spell you plan to do later that day? (top)
Possibly. Our health has an impact on our ability to cast working spells. So if your diet in unhealthy it may negatively impact your spells.
- Can you become pregnant from the sex spells? (top)
No, you cannot physically become pregnant from a spell unless sexual actions between you and another person occur.
- Can you change someone else's spell (not completly but just enough to fit your needs)? (top)
Absolutely. It is always better to write your own spells that are specific to your situation. But if you have to use someone else's spell then making some changes to make it more personal is the next best thing.
- Can you do too many spells? (top)
You can. You could use so much of your personal energy that you feel drained and ill when casting too many spells at one time. Or your spells might fail because your focus becomes too widely spread for the same reason. Try spreading your spellwork out over a longer period of time for better results.
- Can you help me find the ingredients for the legendary spells to bring the dead back to life known as Revival and Restoration meant to next bring back the physical body of the dead person to the waiting Spirit after a Ressurrection Spell was cast. Then the final spell Restoration to bring back the personality and full memory of the being. Please use whatever magic you can to help me teach you more legendary spells. My true identity is to be kept sacred. (top)
Spells such as the one inquired about are farce, not real, or fake. Once a person is dead they cannot be brought back to life with magic.
- Can you make anything your spell book? (top)
Yes,you can use can use a notebook or any type of record keeping tool to keep as a spell book. Its a good idea to keep a back up if you use a computer. I would suggest a flash drive or disk..
- Can you see a familiar or spirit that you summoned using spells in this website? (top)
Generally spirit entities can be sensed but not seen. Some individuals do seem to have the ability to see such entities, but not everyone has this ability.
- Can you use spells over the phone? (top)
Any form of communication may carry the energy generated by a spell or other magical working. The directed energy may travel via the phone or other communication device. One should cleanse these devices often as well as utilize protection spells and rituals to prevent negative energy from being transmitted through these devices.
- Could a human cast these spells? (top)
Yes if they understand how to cast a magical working.
- Could I paraphrase another persons spell so it can become my own? (top)
- Do all of these spells work? (top)
No. Not all of these spells are written down with the propper process, since other members post spells in their coven and don't really know much on magick.
- Do diet and weight loss spells work? (top)
Sadly there is no way to lose weight other than through proper diet, portion control, and exercise. Using a spell will not magically make your unwanted pounds disappear.
- Do different tones affect a spell? (top)
Some intonations are specific in evocation and invocation (calling up and in, respectively). If you are generic in your spell-craft, the only difference it would make is by the by the energy you raise personally. If you are more specific (as in Hindu and Buddhist traditions), it will raise different types of balancing energies.
- Do enchantment spells work? (top)
That depends on several different things. What sort of enchantment are you trying to do? What are you trying to enchant? How knowledgeable and skilled are you at magic? There is no simple answer to the question as you asked it.
- Does a candle have to stay lit up after casting a spell? (top)
It depends on the casting and how it's written whether or not a candle is used completely. Some spells require you to light the candle over several days, this means the candle is snuffed out and then relighted. Other rituals may call for the candle to be blown out and never lit again, such as birthday candles after one makes a wish. There are some magical workings that may call for the candle to be lit and then to burn out naturally with no interruption. If a casting does not give exact instructions for the candle and how to dispose of the remains it is best to use one's instincts or best judgment as to the specific actions to take. No matter how the candle is used be sure to never leave an open flame unattended.
- Does being in different places like indooor or outdoors affect magic? (top)
Not really, magic is energy manipulation and can be done anywhere. The difference only comes with the practitioner. Some may have an easier time casting outside under a full moon rather than inside. It also depends on the casting as some require you to be in a specific place.
- Does Christmas boost powers like Halloween? (top)
It can if you make the connection and give it power.
- Does every book of shadows contain every spell? (top)
A Book of Shadows is created by the individual magical practitioner to record their own magical workings and any other information they wish to keep records on regarding their magical practice. Therefore any particular BoS, or Book of Shadows, would contain only the spells that the author/practitioner has done or those they wished to keep track of.
- Does my magick power increase even if I fail a spell? (top)
Practice increases one's ability to cast magical workings. One becomes better at casting when they learn from a previous casting and then apply what they have learned to the next casting they do. To increase ones energy they must practice gathering and redirecting energy. Through meditation one can learn to gather and redirect energy.
- Does my menstrual cycle affect spell casting? (top)
During your menstrual cycle casting magic can be more powerful. The blood it's self has magical qualities therefore when it is flowing so are the magical energies.
- Does the flying spell work ? (top)
No such spells as ones to let you fly or to grow wings are simply make-believe. Use common sense. Do you see people flying around in the sky without being in an airplane?
- Does your Element help with magick? (top)
Yes, it does when you working with it.
- Do fairy spells really work? (top)
If you are referring to spells that claim to turn you into a fairy, then no. However, in some paths and practices the Fae or fairies are believed to be a class of nature spirits that the practitioner can work with or invoke during ritual workings.
- Do flying spells work? (top)
There is no such thing. No spell will allow you to fly, as it is physically impossible.
- Do I always have to cast a circle when I do spells? (top)
No you do not have to cast a circle to preform spell work. A circle creates a protective wall around you. It also helps to contain the energy you raise so that it can be released through the cone of power. So a circle is a helpful creation, but not a necessity.
- Do I need to be a Wiccan or Witch to cast a spell? (top)
No, you don't. Anyone can do magic provided they put the time and effort into learning how and why magic works. There are many other types of magic users other than Wiccans and Witches.
- Do I need to meditate before doing a spell? (top)
- Do spells need to stay in the language they were written in or can they be translated into another language? (top)
Spells can be translated into any language. They may be preformed in any language and do not need to remain in the language they were written in.
- Do spells work? (top)
Spells will work if you understand how and why magic works at all, and if you do the work to learn the necessary skills to cast spells successfully. Some spells on this site will never work as they are fantasy spells. And no spell is ever guaranteed to work 100% of the time.
- Do tarot cards help Witches? (top)
Tarot cards are but one of many forms of divination. Not all Witches read Tarot, some use one of the other types of divination methods. A Witch might use Tarot to help in making decisions regarding a course of action to take, or to see what the likely outcome of a particular magical working might be.
- Do the spell books in the online shop work? (top)
There is no guarantee of the effect of items purchased in the online store. The books we sell are all top selling and popular books and we have never had complaints from them.
- Do time traveling spells work? (top)
There are no working spells to travel through time.
- Do weather spells work? (top)
Spells to control the weather or to make it do something it normally wouldn't, such as snow in the tropics, will not work.
- Do weight gain spells work? (top)
Sadly there is no way to gain weight other than through proper diet, portion control, and exercise. Using a spell will not magically make you gain weight.
- Do wish spells work? (top)
It depends on the individual spell. If the wish spell has fantasy elements, then it is likely that it will not work.
- Do you have to be 13 or older for the spells to work? (top)
No you don't. There are no age restrictions on when a person is able to work magic. But you do have to be 13 or older to be a member of this site.
- Do you have to cast a spell right after you craft it? (top)
No, you can cast the spell whenever you feel the need to do so.
- Do you have to memorize the spells? (top)
No, but be sure you know the spell well enough that you are not stumbling through it or having to focus on reading rather than the spell itself.
- Do you have to say " This is my will so mote it be" at the end of every spell? (top)
No, you do not. You can close your spell with any words that you wish.
- Do you need to write down your reason(s) for writing a spell as step of the spell crafting proccess ? (top)
No, you don't need to write them down, but it is important that you consider your reasons carefully as they will form the base on which you build your spell.
- How big should your circle be when circle casting? (top)
A circle needs to be big enough to hold all persons whom will be inside the circle with all needed items. It may be just big enough for one person to comfortably sit in while working or large enough to accommodate a group of people.
- How can a person know if they sense a Ghost? (top)
There is a huge difference between sense, see, and feel. So I would have to say it depends on what you mean.
- how can i do magik and know if it has happened (top)
Through study and practice one learns to cast magic, however not all spells and other magical castings turn out successful or work right away. It can take years for a magical working to manifest. Some practitioners will use a pendulum before and after a ritual to see if the casting will be successful. It is also important to understand there is no guarantee that any magical casting will work even if you have years of experience with the craft.
- How can I find a teacher on this site? (top)
A simple solution would be to post in the forums that you are looking for a teacher. Including details on what you want to learn may be helpful.
- How can I find my spirit animal? (top)
Meditations provides an effective way to connecting to your spirit animal. We use the term “meditation” is a loose way to designate means of relaxing and using active imagination to visualize and “journey inwardly”. Set your intention for this inner journey to connect with one or several spirit animals. Using meditation to find what your spirit animal is allows you to drop into a different state of mind or altered state where you are more receptive to the energy and intuitive wisdom of the animal spirit world.
- How can I save the spell I found? (top)
You can add a spell to your favorites list by clicking on the "favorite" button located toward the bottom of the spell's web page. To access your favorite list click on your profile page and then on the "favorite" tab located just above your profile picture.
- How can I view the spells I favourited? (top)
Go to your profile page. Just above your name will be a bar that has tabs labelled: Profiles; Photos; Favorites; Friends; History, Wish List. Click on the "Favorites" tab. This page is section in 3 - Spells; Articles; Forum Posts (if you have any of them favourited. Then, simply, click on the spell you have as a favourite.
- How can you become a wizard and will the spells work better if you're a wizard? (top)
A wizard is simply one name for someone who uses magic. You become one by studying the fundamentals of magic and mastering the basic skills necessary to perform spellwork. It is the hard work and study that will make you better, not what you choose to call yourself.
- How do cast your first spell? (top)
Learn all the basics first before you even think about casting a spell. I have them on my profile along with a link that will help you learn them.
- How does a wand effect a spell? (top)
The function of the wand is to help you focus your energy and represent the element of air. If you can do with out one, then by all means, go for it.
- How does meditation help you with magic? (top)
Meditation helps you with magic because it is where you learn to gather and redirect the energy needed for casting magical workings.
- How do I add spells? (top)
To add spells you must be a council member of your coven or above. Your coven's homepage will have a "SpellBooks" section. Click the link that says view. Here you will have spells, rituals, or videos option. Click on the link that says view after the spells section. Administrators will have the option here to add, delete, or edit spells.
- How do I add spells to this website? (top)
An account must be ranked council or higher in a site coven to add spells to the spell book. The Spellcaster coven auto excepts coven members and places every account at a council position so that the account may add spells to the coven's spell book.
- How do I cast a circle? (top)
To cast a circle you draw a magical line around what ever you wish to have included in the circle. You do this with a wand, finger, sword or whatever magical tool you feel you need. You may start in the east or the north depending which one feels better to you and walk in a clockwise manor. While you are making the circle project energy out of yourself through your tool and into the space around you. Meditation before casting will also aid you in your casting.
- How do I cast these spells? (top)
You must learn to cast in order to cast a spells. Start with meditation and chakra work. Then move on to simple castings, such as a circle and shielding. Read as much as you can about the different forms of casting as well, such as candle magic. Visit Newbie central to help you get started as well.
- How do I create a spell? (top)
To cast a better spell remember to ground and center before casting. Meditation is a big part of gathering and redirecting energy. For specific spell help feel free to post in our public forum under spells.
- How do I determine which spell is real? (top)
Through commonsense, intelligence, and maturity one can determine if a spell is real or not. If the desired outcome is unrealistic then the spell is farce. There are also many reasons a spell may not work even though the spell is real and can be accomplished. Increased knowledge on the topic of spell casting will help one ascertain if a spell is viable. Below is link to an article about troubleshooting spells for further information. http://www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=846276
- How do I edit a spell? (top)
Only editors and moderators may edit spells.
- How do I find a coven? (top)
To find a coven click the Groups tab at the top of the website.
- How do I find a mentor in Wicca? (top)
You can try posting in the forums. Make sure you forum include what you are looking for in a mentor.
- How do I find out which moderator gagged me? (top)
First thing is that you should read the rules.If you follow them, there will be no reason of you getting gagged.Secondly,you have no right to know who gagged you.Its that simple.
- How do I find out who I was in past lives? (top)
Exploring past lives is done on multiple levels. Usually it involves a sort of past life regression. In more traditional methods, hypnosis is used. Otherwise it can be explored through psychic readings, tarot readings, and a wide range of other forms of divination and psychic exploration.
- How do I find out who viewed my post? (top)
There is no feature on the site that tells you who specifically viewed your post. The only record kept is the number of views a thread has had. This only changes when someone new views the thread. If a new post is made in the thread and someone revisits the post then another view is counted.
- How do I find shops in my area? (top)
The best way to find shops in your area is by searching online under;Wiccan stops,Pagan shos, Occult shops, New Age shops, or Metaphysical shops. You can even check out SoM's online shop. http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop.html
- How do I find spells I've marked as favorites? (top)
Go to your profile and click the favorites tab.
- How do I get a spell to break a curse? (top)
It's about the intent and energy that you put into the spell/ritual. You can search for one that fits the description of what you need and perform the spell/ritual. It's much better to write your own, for in doing so it becomes more personal and is thus stronger than one you do that another person made. It also helps to raise the energy needed, meditate to clear you mind of all save for your intent, get in the mood, and properly protect your self.
- How do I get reputation to knowledgeable? (top)
Adept and Knowledgeable members rank other members. Depending on a variety of things (how much you contribute, the content of what you contribute, what you add in forum and chatter discussions, your maturity and participation, etc) you may be ranked by someone with this ability. Asking for ranks will not get you a rank. Prove your level through your actions around the site. It may take some time.
- How do I know exactly when the moon is waxing? (top)
The Waxing Moon begins on the day after the New Moon and lasts until the Full Moon. You can find the dates for the New and Full Moon on many calendars. The Waxing Moon phase is any date between the two. Also if you have an Android or iPhone you can download a moon phases app. This app will show you what phase the moon is on everyday.
- How do I know how long I have been a member? (top)
It is not possible to find out the number of days you have been registered. You could however, look into your email and search for the confirmation email from SoM to determine when you registered.
- How do I know if I've been blocked? (top)
You will not be able to message the person. Blocking someone simply prevents you from sending them mail.
- How do I know if Magick is in my blood? (top)
Everyone is born with Magickal capabilities and it runs everywhere. Some realize this more than others, but all abilities can be nurtured and developed.
- How do I know if my spells have been viewed? (top)
There is no way to tell whether your spells have been viewed. Remember too that f you posted them in your coven's spellbook only the members of your coven have the ability to see those spells.
- How do I know that I am feeling the energy around me? (top)
One senses the energy around them through each of their six senses. If the senses are stimulated by energy, which happens quite often, the body and mind are made aware through their own energy field. It is up to the individual to be open to the energies and their presence in order to "feel" the energy which surrounds us. Meditation helps connect the body to the mind and may strengthen the ability to sense these energies.
- How do I know the correct way of pronounsing words? (top)
Most dictionaries list in parenthesizes, just after the spelling of a word, the pronunciation key for said word. This key tells you exactly how to pronounce the word. If you need auditory assistance I suggest http://www.merriam-webster.com/ This site has an auditory feature. It is located just after the word spelling and before the pronunciation key. It is little speaker icon just like the one often used for volume settings.
- How do I know when I'm centered? (top)
When you center the body and mind you are connected. The two to be in the moment with out any outside thoughts or interruptions. When you feel relaxed and your thoughts are connected to your body and it's current state without the mind drifting to other or outside thoughts then you are centered. Once you have reached this state enjoy it for a few minutes before moving on to other activities.
- How do I know whether I have been gagged? (top)
- how do i make a spell and will it work during trial and error? (top)
When constructing your own ritual, spell, or magical working it is best to first have an understanding of what these aspects are, as well as what they can realistically accomplish. It is suggested by experienced casters to first study the basics of magic as well as research and cross reference these topics before trying to compose your own. Once you have the knowledge to begin the creative process, as well as the skills necessary to cast simple workings with the desired effects manifested, will the spells of your own creation begin to work. Achieving successful manifestation as designed however, may take practice and quite possibly even revision of the magical working.
- How do I post a spell (top)
As it states on the Magic Rituals and Articles page which can be accessed by clicking the Articles tab located along the top of every site page and then clicking the Coven Articles tab located in the secondary row of tabs just under the primary row of tabs; Articles and spells may be added to the site by joining a coven and adding the spell yourself. The Spell Casters coven auto accepts all members.
- How do i search for and find members? (top)
There is a Google search box at the top of each site page on this website. Type the User Name for the profile you wish to locate in the site search box and then press the search button just to the right of the search box. A list of the profiles and other site content that contain the key words will be provided. Hopefully the account you are looking for will appear in the top of the search results.
- How do I tell what ranking spells are? (top)
Spells which have been ranked will have stars associated with the spell. The highest ranking is 5 stars. However, the spell rankings should not be taken seriously as anyone can rank a spell. You'll find many spells on here with high rankings which will never work or are sheer fantasy.
- How do I upload a spell? (top)
As it states on the magic rituals and articles page; Articles and spells may be added to the site by joining a coven and adding the spell yourself. The Spell Casters coven auto accepts all members.
- How do I write my own spells, and how do I know if they worked effectively? (top)
How to Write your Own Spells- First you need to consider what kind of spell you want to write. Will it be a rain spell, a protection spell, or maybe a healing spell? Once you've gotten down what kind of spell you want to do, consider your intent behind it. Do you want to make it rain because the plants are drying up? Do you know someone who is struggling and needs some protection? Or perhaps you want to help heal someone who is sick? Dig deep and really feel out the reasons behind why you want to do this kind of spell. You should ask yourself- Do I really need to cast this spell? Make sure your spell isn't going to harm others. Is it going to take away free will from someone? If your intentions are pure and not out of spite or hate, then you can proceed. The next thing you are going to wanna do is really consider if you want to use tools. If you do, what kinds of tools will you need? Every tool has an energy you can add to a spell, so consider them very carefully. At this time you may also wish to consider the use of herbs or stones as well, as they too are a type of tool. Remember that if you feel you don't need a tool, then don't use one. Once you know what materials you are going to use, if you desire to use any at all, you can move on to a moon phase, or a day of the week, colors, gods and goddesses etc... Or you can choose not to use one at all. Now is the time to also consider, how fast do you want the spell to work, and what exactly you want the outcome to be. Now comes the fun part. You have all the basic criteria down. You can now start working on the actual writing of the spell. Remember that when you write your own spells, you put your own energy into them, and these will work better because of that. (This same technique can also be used for rewriting other spells that you may find). Once you have the spell written you are ready to plan a basic outline for casting. Here's one you can use to help you (this is based on the use of a candle, and remember this is only an outline, that means it's just here to give you a rough idea) 1/ Casting the spell on the day and in the moon that is needed 2/ Annointing a candle (of which colour you would have found out in the step above) with oil and herbs (which you also found out in the step above). 3/ Then lighting the candle and saying a rhyme, chant or verse to the god or goddess you are calling upon statung exactly what you want the outcome of the spell to be. 4/ Putting your hands over the candle (not so you burn yourself) focus your energies into the candle envisioning them as a bright white light which will power the spell. 5/ Then you have the choice of blowing the candle out a burrying the remaining or letting it burn down completely which will send the spell out into the universe. 6/ Finish the spell by saying: With harm to none, So mote it be. (or something along these lines) You should write the whole spell out as above exactly how you plan on casting it, so you have it in front of you and there will be no mistakes when it comes to casting it for real. Don't forget to cast your circle before the spell, or remove it afterwards.Just make sure you are working in a clean area and cleanse the room of negativity before hand by sprinkling some salt water around and keeping a bowl of salt in the room to absorb negative energies. Smudging is also a good idea! Dont forget most spells unless specified in it will take anything up to 21 days to manifest although most work quickly if the need is great. How to make them work- Once you have the Spell you want written up and ready to go. Look back and plan out the day based off your correspondence data that you want to cast the spell on. If it?s a full moon, then whenever the next full moon may be, or if it?s a Saturday Night, then the next Saturday night that you can work with undisturbed. For those who cast circles, you will be casting a circle, so follow the way that you normally do so. The more practice you get, and depending on the type of spell you are working, you won?t need the circle all the time. For these purposes though, we will use one. Make sure all your tools for the spell are on the altar and ready to go. You can bring the spell into the circle with you, you?ll want to take notes on the feelings and impressions you get after the spell is done. Do a quick double check and make sure everything is where it needs to be. If you like to mark out your circle do so, otherwise go ahead and cast the circle. You?re going to want to go ahead and raise energy once the elements and deity (if you chose to invoke them) have been invoked. You can raise energy by several means eg: Through singing, drumming, chanting, dancing and several other methods. Once you feel the energy is raised to a point where it can?t be raised anymore, then this is when you will focus and do the spell. While you are going through the motions of speaking the words, or tying knots in cords, etc, you are going to want to really see yourself doing it all in your mind?s eye. See the spell as being completed with every step you do, until you are finished. Once you are finished take a moment and really see in your mind what you want to have happen.( Remember the more energy, will and focus you put into a spell the more likely it will take effect.) Focus on this a moment then release the idea. Let it leave you and move on freely to the universe to start taking effect. Personally I like just writing everything down now, but you can clean up and then write your impressions. I find that if you write everything down right away while still in circle, you are more true to your feelings and impressions, and you won?t forget them so easily. After you cast your spell, you can go ahead and dismiss the elements, deity and the circle, Clean everything up and go about your business. Remember not to talk too much about the spell, as this causes it to looses momentum. A good example of how this works is when you are angry at someone. The more you talk about it, the less angry you get. It works the same way with spells. How to know they have worked- There are many subtle signs such as right after the spell takes effect you will get shivers, or a breeze will blow and you will just know. Basically if you think it is a sign, then it is a sign. When signs show they could be within a few minutes of performing a spell or 3 days, or even a month. Each sign for each spell and person is different. You just have to remain observant
- How do spells work? (top)
Spells work because the spell caster has mastered the techniques of focus, intent, energy manipulation, visualization, and confident belief. You might find the book "Spells and How They Work" by Janet and Stewart Farrar to be helpful.
- How do you add a spell? (top)
As it states on the magic rituals and articles page; Articles and spells may be added to the site by joining a coven and adding the spell once an account reachs Council rank or higher in that Coven. The Spell Casters coven auto accepts all members and places them at a council rank.
- How do you break a love spell? (top)
Most of the time, you can do any general reversal spell or uncrossing.
- How do you delete a spell? (top)
You cannot delete a spell off this website. Only the admin can do such a thing.
- How do you finding your magical name? (top)
Follow your intuition, a name that sounds "right". If you wish, ask your spirit guides to help you. Also, magical names are often indicative of your personality, goals, or understanding of magic.
- How do you find out your spirit weapon? (top)
I'm uncertain as to a 'spiritual weapon', but most things like your power animal, element, etc., can be found through lucid dreaming, meditation, or simple discovery.
- How do you find your element? (top)
A lot of people would say that you can find your element through several ways. Keep in mind it is thought that you can associate yourself with more than one element. Some easy ways would be to spend time with each element, meditate on them, and perhaps start a dream journal. "Your" element(s) are the ones you feel most comfortable working with.
- How do you get a title like "Experienced"? (top)
I believe you refer to reputation. Reputation is a ranking of your contributions (spells/articles/forum posts) and how you are viewed by other members of the website. Ranks are: Beginner / Novice / Knowledgeable / Adept. If you have not been on the site for a significant time you may not yet have a rank.
- How do you know if a spell is real? (top)
The best thing to do is use common sense. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't. Spells under the "Fantasy" section on SoM are strictly fantasy spells. Use intuition and common sense when selecting a spell. You can also judge the spell's credibility by its rating.
- How do you know if somebody has requested to be your friend? (top)
You don't unless they tell you that they added you. For this reason you should let people know when you add them as a friend, do not assume they are automatically informed.
- How do you know what coven you should get involved with (top)
Selecting a coven to join, whether here on the site or elsewhere, is ultimately a personal choice. Research specific covens and communicate with each coven's leaders and other members to get to know the group better. The covens listed on this site each maintain a home page that includes a description of the coven's intent, practices, and other points of interest. Many groups will list specific requirements while applying for a position in their coven so be sure to follow any directions stated on the coven page if you decide to apply. Be sure to contact the leaders of the coven either before or after you apply as many will require this for entry into their circle.
- How do you know when you are gagged? (top)
An account that is gagged will not be able to enter the live chat, send private messages or site mail, nor will it be allowed to post in any of the site's forums.
- How do you know you have opened your third eye? (top)
You will know when it is open. But in actuality, your third eye (and all the other chakras, for that matter) is already open. You just need to cleanse it of blockages and work on using the chakra.
- How do you know you're the leader of a coven? (top)
On your profile page, it should say what coven your in. Below it, should say: "Coven title: Member". Or, when you are a Priest/ess of the coven you are in, it will change from "Member" to "Priest" or "Priestess".
- How do you make spells? (top)
You must learn to cast in order to cast a spells. Start with meditation and chakra work. Then move on to simple castings, such as a circle and shielding. Read as much as you can about the different forms of casting as well, such as candle magic. Visit Newbie central to help you get started as well. The Tips section has several good pointers
- How do you send someone mail or a message if you just read their spell (top)
Click on the name of the person you wish to contact and go to their profile. Once there click on the "Mail" tab above their picture. This will take you to a place where you can send an e-mail message to them. But be aware that many of the spells on here were posted by people who haven't been members here for a long time.
- How do you take down spells that you have posted? (top)
You cannot take down a spell once it is posted. The only person who can remove spells from the site is Petrarca, the Site Administrator.
- How do you write a spell? (top)
You must learn to cast in order to cast a spells. Start with meditation and chakra work. Then move on to simple castings, such as a circle and shielding. Read as much as you can about the different forms of casting as well, such as candle magic. Visit Newbie central to help you get started as well. The Tips section has several good pointers
- How long does a spell backfire last? (top)
Assuming that what happened is indeed a backfire of a spell and not simply life happening, then a backfire lasts as long as it lasts. There is no way to know how long the results of a spell gone wrong will last, just as there is no way to know how long it will take for a spell to manifest.
- How long does it take for a spell to work? (top)
The time it takes for a spell to work depends on things like the strength of the caster and type of spell. Some spells are immediate, others may take years. However, usually the caster will just 'know' right away whether a spell worked.
- How long does it take to perfect a simple spell? (top)
It is different for each individual- there is no set amount of time. Some would suggest learning a bit about spell casting and spells in general before attempting to do spells. Once you have a basic understanding, it may be easier to attempt them. Practice is also an important aspect.
- How long do you have to be on this site to upload a spell? (top)
In order to upload a spell you must be a member of a Coven and hold a rank of Council or higher in that coven. The requirements for being a Council member vary from Coven to Coven. However, in Spellcasters Coven all members are ranked as Council.
- How many spells do you have to do to move on to intermediate? (top)
It is not so much a number of spells, but your ability to control the forces needed for the magic you wish to cast. This is mostly a natural ability, though with practice people can improve and become better. In short, there are no hard and fast rules to say when you have reached a certain level.
- How many times must you chant a spell? (top)
I would say that it depends on the individual spell, and what it calls for. If it doesn't seem to have any specific number of times you must chant something, I say do it as many times as you personally feel that it needs.
- How to deal with someone casting spells against you? (top)
First and foremost stop feeding the negative energy being sent your direction. Break up the energy by utilizing an uncrossing/unhexing ritual that combines a banishing aspect. Be sure to cleanse and purify yourself and your living spaces after as well as place protection magic around you. You may need to repeat the cleansing aspect on a regular basis and increase your protection over time. Protection magic builds on itself. Each time protection magic is practiced it links with previous protection magic that has been cast.
- How will I know if my spell is going to work? (top)
Not all spells work right away. It can take years for a spell to work. Also some use a pendulum before and after a spell to see if the spell is going to be successful.
- How will you know when you've hit communication limit? (top)
You will not be able to reply to forums or to mail anyone.
- How would one self-initiate themselves? (top)
You cannot self-initiate yourself. To be initiated one needs both a group into which to be initiated and someone to conduct the initiation that makes you part of the group egregore. However, you certainly can do a self-dedication. That can be as simple as stating your intentions verbally or in writing and promising to follow a specific path to the best of your ability.
- I been trying to cast a spell but I have been unsucessful. What am I doing wrong? (top)
Magick takes time and education to achieve. Meditation is not the end all be all. There is also grounding, centering, visualization, correspondences, and so much more! You can find many free resources such as pdfs, articles, and informational forum posts to help guide you. Remember, Google is free and opened twenty four seven.
- I believe in magic, but the spells don't work. Why? (top)
There could be any number of reasons your spells don't work. It is important to realize that many of the spells on this site are fake and will never work at all. Or the problem may be that you don't understand the basics of what makes magic work and haven't mastered the necessary skills.
- If I block somebody, will they know that I've blocked them? (top)
No. Your account will simply appear as if it was removed from SoM; no profile picture, bio, other pictures, friends listing, or any option by which to contact you.
- If I deleted the email I used to create my account, would my account be deleted? (top)
No, but you may not be able to recover the SoM account if there is a password issue.
- If I make a small mistake in saying a spell do I have to redo it? (top)
If you have any doubt in your mind that your spell might not work because you made a mistake in casting it then it is likely that the spell will fail. The best thing to do is to stop as soon as you realize your mistake and start the spell over again from the beginning.
- If I'm not experienced in casting a spell and cast one, will it still work? (top)
Possibly, but it's not very likely on the first try that one will be capable of casting a spell or other magical working that manifests to the desired result. The more one knows about and understands the basics of magic, combined with their experience and practice of the necessary skills, the more likely it is that any spell cast by them will work.
- If someone has had a binding or love spell placed on them to keep them from leaving the relationship, is there a spell that can undo whatever has been done and return free will? (top)
Once can use a reversal or breaking spell to rid themselves of unwanted magical influence. One should follow this type of casting with a cleansing bath or a smudging once the spell is broken or removed.
- If you were born empathic,psychic, etc. Could a body or spiritual spells change that? (top)
Spells can not change what abilities you do have although they can suppress them. The best way to rid oneself of certain abilities is generally never use them, which in turn is very difficult when faced with mental abilities.
- I have a membership, but I can't find where I can start a new thread in forums. (top)
To start a new thread in the SoM forums one must first have an SoM account that is in good standing. While in the SoM forums one must choose the forum category that best suits the topic they wish to post about. Once in a specific forum section click on the hyperlink that says; Start a new thread, located to the right of the forum page numbers just above the first thread listed in the forum category and next to the LIVE CHAT hyperlink area.
- I need help getting this negative energy from around me. (top)
Smudging is an essential practice to help disperse and remove negative energy that is surrounding an individual or contained within a particular space. Once cleansed, protection magic should be cast about the person or place to help keep negative energy from accumulating again. This can be done with a spell, ward, or ritual to help keep negative energy from interfering with an individual or space. The construction of a healthy personal shield is another great way to keep negative energy away from an individual. One can begin to research how to cleanse and shield by visiting the following SOM web pages; https://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/spiritual_spells/banishing_spells/6153/page.html and https://www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=912643
- Is doing spell work against God? (top)
That is a question that should be asked of your religious leader, not some random stranger on a message board. Some religions believe that their God does not want them to do magic. Other religions have no problem with it. What does your religion teach?
- Is energy something I gain by performing spells and mediation? (top)
Spells require energy to cast them. Prior to casting a spell one will need to gather energy and then redirect the energy into the spell to cast it.
- Is Halloween a powerful night to cast a spell? (top)
Halloween/Sanhain is a sabbath/holiday and a time for celebration. Spell work is not enhanced due to this however a small amount of magical workings is a good way to celebrate. Divination is the best magical workings to perform on Samhain.
- Is it normal for a spell you've written not to work? (top)
No spell will work 100% of the time. There could be many reasons why a spell might not work. Remember too that spells work in their own time. It may yet manifest. Don't expect a spell to work immediately.
- Is it possible for an object to have multiple spells in placed on it? Like- invisible to me and a hex as well? (top)
Theoretically it is possible, but I would not advise it as it might disrupt the energies of a spell and result in an unexpected or even unwanted result. I would place each spell on a different object.
- Is it possible for a non-coven member to post spells? (top)
No it is not. You have to be a Coven member of Council rank or higher in order to post spells to this site.
- Is it possible for someone to cast a spell for me right now? (top)
Spells should be learned to cast on your own; they're more effective that way. If you encounter someone who claims they can cast spells for you, don't go for it. It is most likely a scam.
- Is it possible to find, or get, Fairy Dust or Dragon's Blood? (top)
Fairy Dust that can be bought is purely symbolic. It is not real fairy dust, by a component used to represent this in your magical practice. Dragon's Blood the name for a resin derived from a root. It is possible to harvest if you grow the proper plants, but it is a rather complex process.
- Is it possible to find out who rated my article? (top)
No. All ratings are anonymous.
- Is the Art of formal philosophers like Hermes Trismegistus the same as in Wicca? (top)
Wicca is a specific religion founded in the mid 20th century by Gerald Gardner. Hermes Trismegistus philosophy stems from the Corpus Hermticum writings and utilizes the three allied esoteric aspects of Astrology, Alchemy, and Magic. Both draw from the concept that the universe and everything in it is interconnected.
- Is the Priest and Priestess like parents? (top)
They can be. It depends on the individual Priest and Priestess as well as the coven they run. Some like to form tight-knit communities, wherein they consider their members to be family. Others like to be impersonal.
- Is there a book that teaches to cast spells without ingredients. Voice alone? (top)
Chanting is a way of raising energy for a magical working. It uses the power of language and the vibrations from the sounds created to manifest a desired outcome. Chants are often combined with other actions within a magical working, this is because the more energy raised and directed towards a specific goal the stronger the casting becomes. Some chants, like ones for protection, can be repeated in times of need to help feed prior castings that are still in effect but simply need a boost. Suggested books; "Spells and How They Work" by Janet and Stewart Farrar, "Magical Chants" by Mia Rose, and "Magical Spells and Incantations by Elizabeth Pepper.
- Is there a counter-spell? (top)
Yes, there are spells that can counter a spell that has already been cast; however, there are some who believe that once casted the spell cannot be broken nor countered. Others believe that there are only certain spell that cannot be countered or broken.
- Is there any incantation that can help me concentrate during meditation? (top)
It takes time and effort to meditate efficiently; even meditating helps meditations you will do. What you can for incantations is use a simple mantra such as the "Ohm" mantra. There are many meditation mantras. Try researching them and give them a try.
- Is there any magic or spell that does not go with candles and oils? (top)
The best spells are those you create yourself. If you don't have access to candles, oils, or other tools then create a spell that does not require these things.
- Is there any speciality needed to cast spell? (top)
There is no specialty required to cast a spell; anyone can learn how to do so if they are willing to put in the study and practice to understand how and why magic works.
- Is there anyway possible to cast a spell right now? (top)
There is no limitation on when one may cast a spell.
- Is there a spell to form mist? (top)
No. You cannot physically form anything, much less mist.
- Is there a spell to time travel? (top)
There is no such thing as a time traveling spell. If you see one on here, I assure you that it is fake. No spell or ritual will allow you to physically alter time in any such way.
- Is there a way to help empty the mind for meditation I have so much going on in my mind (I think so much and so fast I rarely get sleep) so I need a way to help me empty my mind any tips? (top)
Meditation is the best way to help one deal with too many thoughts however is also a bit harder to accomplish when one has too many thoughts. Try relaxing music, aroma therapy though incense, scented candles or an oil burner, and/or a calming salve to aid you with your meditation. Be sure as well that you are in a space that you feel safe, it quiet and calm, it is not too bright, and it is free of other distractions such as people or pets. Meditation after a shower or bath can also be easier to accomplish. Below are some links to the items suggested; http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=L&s=Lotions%2c+Soaps+%26+Washes&id=8537 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=L&s=Lotions%2c+Soaps+%26+Washes&id=8536 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=O&s=Anna+Riva+Oils+2dr&id=8997 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=C&s=Soy+Votives&id=77256 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=C&s=Votives&id=82591 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=C&s=Votives&id=82606 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=I&s=Anna+Riva&id=62393 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=I&s=Anna+Riva&id=62393 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=I&s=HEM+Incense+from+India&id=130140 http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop_details.html?c=U&s=Divination%2c+Astral%2c+Dream%2c+Meditation+%26+Astrology&id=10054
- Is there a way to know if someone read your mail? (top)
On this site, once a privet message is sent via the mail system, there is no way to know if the mail as been read unless the recipient responds to to the sender in some form. Sent mail is not saved. Unless the other person responds to the sender through the same particular message or mail that was sent, no record of the mail will be available to the account who composed the message.
- Is there someone who I can ask for help? (top)
The forums are the best place to find somebody who might be able to help you with your questions. Look for the proper place for your discussion and post your question there.
- I want to make a girl i know fall in love with me. What spell should I use? (top)
Understand that love spells will not make one specific person fall in love or simply love a specific other person. Love spells only increase the chances that a specific person might be willing to fall in love or simple love another specific person. For this to occur however, all of the hard, mundane work of courting a lover and forming a loving relationship with them is required. If one can not do this then the other person will eventually leave. "Honey Jar" spells are designed to "sweeten" a relationship between people. They can be used in romantic relationships as well as all other types.
- My level in magic is 8+. 5+ is average level. What does that mean for me? How do I use my powers without ingredients? (top)
Though practitioners of magic have different talents and abilities as well as experience within the craft, the levels described in the question are part of role-playing or fantasy games and have no relation to actual magical practice.
- Should I feel tired after meditating? (top)
Most feel awake, aware, cleansed or refreshed. If you were just thinking while closing your eyes, that can signal your brain to go to sleep, which might explain why you felt tired.
- The spells I'm using don't seem to do anything. Why? (top)
Make sure to learn the basics first. Grounding, centering, shielding, meditation, and energy work. Study before practice. Take your time and do what feels right for you, rather than what the pre-written spell says. Study, listen to yourself, and work harder. Remember that practice makes perfect.
- What are some books you would suggest reading to help learn about herbs? (top)
The SoM shop page includes a number of books on herbs and their uses in magical practices that might be quite helpful. Go to "Visit Our Online Shop," click on Books, and then click Healing, Crystal, & Herb.
- What are the benefits of writing your own spell? (top)
Writing your own spells for a specific situation helps to increase your focus on the action, clarifies your exact intent, and begins to push energy into the spell even before you cast it. All of these things are going to help insure that the spell is going to work and in the manner you intended.
- What are the different types of spells? (top)
There are a wide variety of spells types. Some of the more common are protection, prosperity, health and healing, finding a job, love, justice, revenge, are just a few of the possibilities.
- What are the stars on the top of spell card, are they difficulty level or no? (top)
Members can rate spells and articles. The number of stars listed at the top of a spell or article is the average rating or review by the members. It does not directly relate to the difficulty of the spell or article.
- What book is best for a beginner who doesn't even know what magic is? (top)
Two books that I would suggest to start out are "Modern Magick" by Donald Michael Kraig and "Spells and How They Work" by Janet and Stewart Farrar.
- What does energy feel like? (top)
It feels different for everyone...some feel it like static, some feel tingles and some warmth.
- What does it mean if my spell level is 8+? (top)
Spell levels are used in many role-playing games and even though this may seem like a realistic concept, in reality it is not. There are no spell levels in the magic that can be cast to benefit ones's life.
- What does it mean if there are no stars listed next to a spell? (top)
The starts indicate how a spell has been ranked by users. If no stars are present, it likely means that the spell has not been ranked by a member yet.
- What does the most powerful spirit/sigil look like? (top)
It will look like whatever they want you to see them as. They are master changelings and masters at telekinesis so that it will appear to you as whatever they feel you need to see them as to get their message across.
- What do I do if i can't afford supplies to cast spells? (top)
Supplies are tools, and as such they are not requirements for the spell. Tools can be replaced, or even entirely omitted. You can learn what the value and purpose of each tool said to be used for the spell, and learn what they can be replaced with that you already have in your ready-to-use availability at home. Or you can learn how to cast the spell entirely omitting the tools listed.
- What do the stars mean next to a spell's name? (top)
The stars are a rating system to let others know whether a spell seems to be a good one or not. One star means the spell isn't so good or might be fake. Five stars suggest a good spell to use.
- What do you call a witch that can cast almost any spell just by saying words and does such an ability exist? (top)
One could call that person a "Witch" or any other name for a magical practitioner so long as the person's practices fit the title.
- What do you do with used ingredients when you are finished with a spell? (top)
This depends on the ingredients. The most common way is to bury items in the earth or burn ingredients.
- What is a binding spell? (top)
The binding spell, as the name suggests, binds or restricts a person from doing something. When binding someone, the intent of the spell must be clear on what aspect of that person you wish to bind. The binded person should then not be able to so what you intended to bind.
- What is a good day for wishing spells? (top)
Wishing spells are usually rather simple and do not need any particular day. Although there may be holidays or specific days of the year that are traditionally known for wishes being made, those of which you could try looking up.
- What is a good starter spell? (top)
I'm going to answer both your questions with this. Learn and practice practice practice the basics. Also Believe in yourself and what your doing. If you have even the tiniest bit of doubt your magick will not work.
- What is a useful spell that could be used for black and white magic (top)
Almost any spell can be used to help or to harm. You see, there is no black or white magic, there is only what is in the intent of the spellcaster. As the old saying goes, a Witch who cannot harm cannot heal.
- What is circle casting? (top)
Casting a circle is creating a sphere of energy to surround you while working magic. The circle serves two purposes. 1) It keeps negative influences from entering your ritual space, and 2) it contains the energy you are raising in ritual contained until you are ready to release it to its purpose.
- What is it like to have a vision? (top)
The experience of having a vision can be different with each person. Your experience is very likely to be different than that of another.
- What is the difference between spells and rituals? (top)
A spell is a type of ritual, but there can be many other rituals other than spells. Brushing your teeth in the morning is a ritual as is celebrating a Sabbat or in honoring ones Gods. A ritual is a set of actions conducted to achieve a specific purpose.
- What language must I speak to chant a spell? (top)
When it comes to chants you dont need to speak it in a language you dont know. You say it in any language you are able to speak.
- What's a good starting spell? (top)
Once the basics of magic have been studied and implemented into daily practice one can begin spell work. Protection spells are best to begin with since one can never have too much protective magic surrounding them.
- What spells are best for a newbie? (top)
The best spells to try if you are trying your first spell are simple element spells such as calling on the rain or wind to increase. However before you start doing spells you should learn your basics. A few of the basics are grounding, meditation, learning about the elements, moon phases and much more.
- What spells are the easiest to start out with? (top)
You don't start out by casting spells. You begin by learning how and why magic works and then mastering the necessary skills to cast a spell. I'd suggest starting with the books "Modern Magick" by Donald Michael Kraig and "Spells and How They Work" by Janet and Stewart Farrar. "Modern Magick" will take you step by step through the necessary training to cast spells.
- What to do with the salt and water after you are done with the spell? (top)
If the salt is used in a spell, then it does need to be disposed of properly once the ritual is over. If the spell is simply on the altar to represent the Element of Earth it can be reused in future rituals. Both the water and the salt should be disposed of by pouring them on the Earth or into running water such as a stream. Vary the place you dispose of these items so that salt build-up doesn't kill your plants or grass.
- When a spellcaster casts a spell, can they use other information about you besides your date of birth? (top)
Yes, the more information known about the person the spell or other magical working is for may result in a more effective casting. Knowing ones likes, dislikes, fears, vanities, what the person may find pride in, what they excel at, their physical appearance, their thoughts or opinions, and even their personal style may all help to aid the spell caster in the creation of an effective spell or other magical working for that particular person. Another large aspect that effects the success of a magical casting is the practitioner's experience and knowledge of the craft.
- When I create a spell and cast it, will it work since I made it? (top)
Not necessarily. No spell works 100% of the time. And if you haven't taken the time to study how and why magic works and put in the necessary work to master the basics of spell work it is unlikely any spell will work for you whether you made it or not. And of course, no fantasy spells will work at all.
- Where can I find a spell? (top)
If you can not find a spell in our spell list, the best place to ask is in the forums or the live chat.
- Where can I find books on how and why magick works? (top)
You can look in your library or bookstore. I would suggest "Spells and How They Work" by Janet and Steward Farrar. Also, check out "Modern Magick" by Donald Michael Kraig. It can be read on-line at http://www.eso-garden.com/specials/modern_magick.pdf
- Where can I find my inbox? (top)
If you are on the full-site, click the "mail" tab in the upper right-hand corner.
- Where can I purchase supplies for spellwork? (top)
There is an on-line store that is connected to this site. You can get there by clicking on the shop link located on the right side of any site page or by visiting; http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop.html
- Where do I find the chatter test? (top)
On the right hand side of the page where it shows "Live Chat" there is a box that says [INFO]. Click this, and it will take you to another page where the words "agree to the rules" appear highlighted. Click this, and it will take you to the agreement.
- Where do you buy your candles and herbs for cleansing and spells? (top)
This site provides online magical shopping through it's own store. Inventory includes candles in a variety of sizes and colors as well as a plethora of herbs for a multitude of magical castings. You can visit the shop by clicking the SHOP link along the right hand side of any site page. http://www.spellsofmagic.com/shop.html
- Which spell should I use to have my ev boyfriend come back? (top)
I would not use any spell. If you two are truly meant to be together he will come back. If he doesn't then you need to move on. Life is to short to waste waiting for someone that does not wish to be with you.
- which time is best to cast spells (top)
There are many different aspects to consider when determining the best time to cast a particular spell. Research moon phases, planetary hours, planetary days, and other correspondences for spell casting to best understand and ascertain when to cast a spell or other magical working.
- Why does it say I'm a beginner / novice /knowledgeable / adept on my profile? (top)
A knowledge ranking system has been implemented on the site. The exact way people are ranked is not revealed, but is based on your participation and general knowledge of paganism, wicca, magic, occult arts and the like. This system helps identify the most knowledgeable people (ranked as Knowledgeable or Adept) on their profile and in the forums so that people new to Spells Of Magic have abetter idea of who to trust.
- Why do I get headaches everyime I cast a spell? (top)
The energies you use in everyday are wild and uncontrolled. That kind of energy is not suitable for spell work as it requires advanced energy control for the energy to reach the intended destination. That is why you first need to ground and centre and learn better about energy work.
- Why do most of the spells rhyme? (top)
Many spells rhyme for multiple reasons including but not limited to: it's believed that when a spell rhymes it helps in making them stronger; they are much easier to remember; it helps in consistency so as not to mess up in a casting that in doing so would cause the spell to weaken, not work, or act on an unintended intent; and personal preference when writing a spell.
- Why do spells take so long to work? (top)
The time it takes for a spell to work depends on things like the strength of the caster and type of spell. Some spells are immediate, others may take years. A spell simply takes as long as it takes to manifest.
- Why do you need ingredients to cast a spell? (top)
Tangible ingredients are not always needed to cast a spell, ritual, or other magical working. Energy, however is a required ingredient for any and all magical practice. Various tangible ingredients are often used so that their specific energies help the casting to manifest. These objects may also aid the practitioner by increasing their ability to focus clearly on the outcome desired when casting. It is perfectly possible and very common to cast a successful spell with no tangible ingredients. These castings often call for chanting or spoken words, sometimes incorporating movement of the body with the verbal ingredients.
- Will a spell still work if it is written in another language? (top)
Yes, but you need to take the time to understand what is being said. Its best to know what you are saying because it helps project your intention and energy.
- Will I be able to cast spell without knowing how to meditate? (top)
You might be able to, but meditation is a valuable tool in helping you clarify the intent of your spell and focus on the goal the spell is to reach.
- Will spells work if you whisper them? (top)
Spells may be spoken, whispered, sung, or simply focused on through thought, however the energy one adds through the use of their physical voice may increase the energy and effectiveness of a spell. Sound vibrations add energy to any magical working and this is why drums, rattles, and other noise makers are often used in conjunction with magical practice.