The greek deities can be classificated into eight classes.Note that some gods can be seen into many classes because their many atribution.
The first one are the protegenoi also known as first born gods.They are divinties but seen with an elemental form.They emerged at the creation to form the very fabric of universe.They can manifest asan anthroporphic shape.
The second are the nature daimones (spirits) and nymphai who nurtered life on four elements (Naiads,Dryads etc.)
The third are the body and mind affecting daimones such as Hypnos.Eris etc.
The fourth Theoi (gods) who controlled the force of nature.They are known as :
Theoi Ouranioi (sky gods): E.g. Helios (Sun), Anemoi (Winds), etc
- Theoi Halioi (Sea Gods): E.g. The Nereides, Triton, Glaukos, etc.
- Theoi Khthonioi (Underworld Gods): E.g. Persephone, Hekate, etc.
- Theoi Georgikoi (Agricultural Earth Gods): E.g. Ploutos, etc.
- Theoi Nomioi (Pastoral Earth Gods): E.g. Pan, Aristaios, etc.
- Theoi Polikoi (City Gods): E.g. Hestia, Eunomia, etc.
- Theoi Olympioi (Olympian Gods): E.g. The Mousai, Hebe, etc.
- Theoi Titanes (Titan Gods): E.g. Themis, Kronos, Prometheus etc. Apotheothenai (Deified Mortals): E.g.rakles, Asklepios, etc.
The fifth are the12 OLYMPIAN GODS who governed the universe and commanded the legions of lesser gods and spirits. They are Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Artemis, Apollon, Ares, Athene, Aphrodite, Hephaistos, Hermes, Dionysos, and Hestia. ~Note that there are actually 13 and this is because Dionysos came on later~ The sixth are the constellations,they are cursed or blessed god-favoured.Every constellation, including the twelve signs of the Zodiac, was possessed of one or more spirits EG Saggitarius was the centaur Kheiron, Gemini the Dioskouroi Twins, etc.
THE SEVENTH are thethe fabulous monsters, beasts, giantsof myth. They were semi-divine creatures, closely related to the gods.E.g.gigantes(Giants), drakones(Dragons), Kentauroi (Centaurs), Kerberos (Cerberus), Sphinx, Sirens, etc.
THE EIGHTHwere theHEROI HEMITHEOI(Semi-Divine Heroes) who were worshipped after death as minor divinities. They included great heroes like Akhilleus, Theseus and Perseus; heroines such as Alkmene, Helene and Baubo; and founding kings like Erikhthonios, Kadmos and Pelops.Also some of them were seen as actual deities in some places of ancient greece.
~~~The credtis go to http://www.theoi.com/Pantheon.html~~~