Intro: Jade Is, if you couldnt tell, one of my favorite stones and i find it irresistably beautiful. but aesthetics aside, jade has many properties and associations surrounded by myth and lore. The most general things which most sources can agree on are that jade:
- Aids in extending ones Life expectancy
- Brings Good luck
- Aids in focus and achieving a relaxed state
- Inspiration for quicker thinking (traders would often hold jade in their palms during business negotiations)
- Associated with love and virtue
Types of Jade: As with almost any type of stone there are different types and colors of jade, each with different properties and myths surrounding them.
- Black Jade emanates strong, protective energies to ward off negative assault, physical or psychological, including self limitation. (ive oddly found that to be the casual case with a good portion of black stones & minerals but thats just an opinion)
- Blue Jade calms the mind, encouraging peace and reflection, and is valuable in promoting visions and dreams.
- Brown Jade is grounding. It connects to the earth and provides comfort and reliability.
- Lavender Jade alleviates emotional hurt and provides spiritual nourishment. Its energy is of the highest etheric spectrum.
- Orange Jade brings joy and teaches the interconnectedness of all beings. It is energetic and quietly stimulating.
- Purple Jade encourages mirth and happiness, and purifies one's aura. It dispels the negative and increases one's level of discernment.
- Red Jade is a stone of life-force energy, dispelling fear that holds one back, and urges one to action. (i have seen red jade in person and aside from its beauty, it does have an oddly liberating feeling if i remember right)
- White Jade filters distractions, pulls in relevant, constructive information and aids in decision making.
- Yellow Jade is cheerful and energetic, a stone of assimilation and discrimination. (It also supposdely teaches the interconnectedness of all beings and aids the digestive and elimination systems of the body.)
- Jade pendants and necklaces supposedy protect against deception and authoritative abuse for material gain.
- It signifies peace through strength, and is also helpful in homes or occupations that encounter conflict.
- It is also said that wearing Jade while gardening will improve the health of the plants. Similarly, small pieces of Jade can be buried along the perimeter or near a plant itself for this purpose. (A good tip if you droped that new jade orb and have shards all over the place)
- Jade was and sometimes still is considered a stone which aids in connecting with the spiritual world earning it the title of a "dream stone" in the east
- It is worn for protection typically during defensive magical workings.
Healing / other Properties:
- Aids in stabilizing blood pressure that has a tendency to change drastically from high to low.
- It is supposedly a benificial amulet against diseases of urinal-genital organs.
- protects from fatigue
- (for the sake of throwing in some color) Pink Jadeite aids the cardiac muscle and the green Jadeite has a beneficial effect on kidneys functionality
My Personal Feelings/Notes on Jade: I possess a Jade ring which i wear quite frequently and if i had to let anyone know of one thing, if you have a clearer jade, be sure to look at it with a light behind it. It is an almost addictive thing which i cant quite explain but i can say it is quite relaxing.
One very unorthodox use for the type of jade im talking about, usually thinner pieces or shards which can show light like what i mentioned above, is to try scrying with it. You dont need a piece that big and ive only toyed around with it, but its certainly an idea, provided it doesnt have too many facets.
Well thats all i can write on it folks, a lot of the information was from various mineral books and corrospondances aside from my own opinions, the information taken from websites has the source listed above. Thanks for Reading & Enjoy your days.