Hi most of the time i shock myself when i take/touch something especially metal object. yesterday i tried to switch the lights off but as my hands get closer to the switch spark(s) came out of the switch i was so scared ran away anyway i like to know if it is possible to use static electricity in my magical workings, like directing it to my spells and if so how. please help
Static electricity builds up on your body as you go about the day. It can build when you walk across a carpated floor or when you rub things or just from doing what you do. If you get near something that is a conductor it triggers an electrical shock as the static discharges. I believe it has to be at least 10,000 volts before you can see a spark or actually feel it as well as to hear the pop. It is just one of those odd things that happens. So no I don't think you can use it as part of your magick.
I think magic can cause a static charge to build, but I have no way to prove it. Even if I'm right it really wouldn't be a useful skill, when I experienced a (in my opinion) unusually large amount of static shocks when I first started magic I tried to come up with ways of preventing static buildup because it was so annoying. Even if I'm wrong, I still don't doubt the ability to use magic to influence electricity. Ghosts seem to able to effect electrical currents at times, however I doubt it's possible to manipulate any practical amount of electricity for such a skill to be useful.