One of the purposes of a banishing ritual when doing a work is to center the self and get into a mind set to do your work. Also it is to clear the area of negitive energy so that it does not interfere with your work. As I continue my study of the 21 Lessons of Merlyn by Douglas Monroe I come across things within that I like and would want to share since we do not have much on a Druid path on this site. So I will now present the Rite of Three Rays as it is presented. I have done this and I really like the results so it is merely a varation of what you may already do.
1. Stand where there is light, preferably direct sunlight upon your head from above. Noon is ideal. (I do not see why this cannot be done at any time since the moons light is just as powerful as the suns.)
2. Close your eyes, breath deeply and be calm. (Centering the self should be a normal practice at the beginning of any magical work.)
3. Once you have achieved a state of confident self control, take one deep breath as you raise both hands high over head.
4. Draw you hands slowly back down while with voice you intone the first of the (as stated) 3 fold utterances. I (Pronounced as a prolonged EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.) Gauge your exhale carefully so that you run out of breath just as your hands reach your thighs.
5. Reapeat the procedure this time exhaling the second utterance A (pronounced as a prolonged Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.)
6. Reapeat for a last time intoning O (Pronounced as OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.)
7. Without pause reapeat the precedure combining all three together into one continous sound: EEEEEEE-Ahhhhhh-OOOOOOO. Then open your eyes.
Note: Anyone who knows about chants/mantras will probably recognize these sounds. Observe how these sounds affect you. What do you feel? See while you do this? Pay attention to what happens within and without.