There are moments when we need help in thinking clearly: when balancing a checkbook, computing taxes, engaging in a lively conversation, thinking up excuses, and on other occasions. Here are some methods to help stimulate the conscious mind.
- Stand in the wind or in a breeze. Drink in the power of the element of air; allowing it to awaken you from your mental sleep.
- Fan yourself with a hand fan made of yellow paper. Let the moving air nudge you into total mental awareness.
- Visualize a glowing yellow light breezing down from above you. Feel it entering your brain and stimulating your mind. Feel it expanding, awakening you from your mental sleep. Feel its warm, stimulating energy preparing you for any task.
- Look at a partially cloudy sky. Connect each cloud with a line of thought. Visualize the lines crisscrossing each other, forming complex patterns and interrelationships. Retain the visualization for as long as possible, or until you're inspired to go back to work.
- Look at a cloudless sky. Gaze up into it, away from the horizon and sun, to where nothing obscures the blue splendor. Drink in the sky.
- Listen to prerecorded flute music.
- Sit or stand before an electric fan. Let the moving air vitalize your mind.