I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune, but very happy for you making the right choice in this.
I would first of all suggest a rejuvenating/renewing ritual. When you end a serious relationship there's often a period of redefining yourself, and I would suggest ritualizing and encouraging this natural tendency, starting with a ritual on the new moon. Take a magical bath for purification, meditate with your preferred method (I always suggest zazen), and create a short list of things you'd like to take up or change. Take up chess or jogging, get a new haircut or update your wardrobe, rearrange and redecorate your home/room. I especially suggest the rearrangement - besides giving your day-to-day life an atmosphere of newness (perfect for moving on to something new) it would be a great chance to incorporate good feng shui practices. Trust me, even the simplest feng shui cures can make a world of difference in mental, emotional, and even physical well-being. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I would totally be willing to help you out with that as much as possible.
I do not know what specific spiritual beliefs you hold, but you may also wish to consider acknowledging God's plan or some similar such concept. Many people find comfort in knowing that this happened because of helpful karma and is not a punishment, or knowing that the Lord and Lady will bless them for their patience during trials, or that God has a specific plan and your grief ultimately serves some currently unseen benefit like muscle pain after exercise. Whether or not it is relevant is obviously dependent upon your personal beliefs, and it's fine if this isn't your style - just thought I should offer it.
Magically speaking I would suggest you start using a banishing or space cleansing each day to help encourage magical balance, and in candles and sachets I would suggest deep tones which suggest soothing or nurturing like blue or forest green.
Suggested stones are;
* Agate for grounding, love, healing, and courage. Helps avoid envious thoughts and spite. Any agate works, but blue lace agate deals more specifically with peace and happiness. Red agate is a good runner-up.
* Citrine for letting go of negative behaviors (addictions, destructive habits, unhealthy relationships).
* Jade for love, healing, and protection. Encourages feelings of love and acts as an emotional balancer.
* Jet to draw out negative emotions, fight depression, and comfort from pain of loss of loved one. Also good at preventing fear.
* Obsidian to let go of loved one, reduce tension, and ward against negativity.
* Sodalite to promote balance and alleviate subconscious fears and guilt.
* Tiger?s eye for protection separating false desires from real needs. Also good for detoxing, which this is sort of like an emotional version of.
My local pagan shop's guide (http://www.ancientways.com/store.html)
SoM Crystals reference article
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal Gem Metal Magic by Scott Cunningham