1) what are ghosts?
2) do they really scare people, throw things around, etc..
3) Can you turn people into a ghost?
$) What ca spirits and cant spirits do to humans
5) where to find ghosts and spirits and what do you do
"ghoast" refers to a dead mans spirit, returned or bound to earth. They can through things, depending on the time (thus the german term polterguist, meaning noisey ghoast). They can effect humans in lots of ways, thats why most ancient people respected thier ancestors. They can be found lots of places, color blind people are more opt to see them. (There are many color blind people who dont even know it, becuase red and green are reversed). That is about the extent of my knowledge on ghoasts.
1) some ghosts were people once, but some spirits are just that, they were born spirits, and that's what they'll always be. or, they've been dead so long they've forgotten being human and they're happy being ghosts.
2) some do, it depends on their intent and strength. some are nice, and just want to be left alone, others are malicious and love scaring people, but most are like us, not all good, and not all bad. [I'll use my situation as an example] in my house there are 5 spirits. only pets have died here, no people, and the house was build in the 70's. [next door there were two people who died, no one lives there for longer than a few years.] when i was 12 or 13, i came across a spirit, we started talking and i invited him to stay. it's 10 years later and he's still here as annoying as ever. Rori's nice, but a bit of a spoiled jerk. he protects me, and cares for me, and i care for him, but he takes things when he's bored, or he'll scare people when he's mad. currently though, he hates my cat, she he finds great enjoyment making him spaz out, since Gir's the only one who can see him, and he doesn't like being seen. along with Rori, there's a dead relative [apparently she is] that follows my mother, and three others that just hang around. for the most part, it's only Rori that does stuff. Rori's very powerful and intimidating, not only human's, but the other spirits. when my friend is using the pendulum and talks with Rori she can feel two icy hands on her back, while with the relative's hands it's softly resting on her shoulders. in regards to the throwing stuff and whatnot, it depends on there power. i once read somewhere there's 5 levels to a spirit, the 5th level they can open/close doors, move things, materialize, speak, and start fired. [Rori can materialize, he did once, he just doesn't like doing it, and he doesn't start fires, and he opens doors when he wants to scare us, otherwise he goes through, she he's about a 4, if that ranking system is real]
3) no. unless you kill them, no.
$) depending on their strength, anything. if it's just a low level spirit that's just there observing, it can't move things or communicate, that includes moving a pendulum and/or ouija board. if it's the level 5, as i stated above, it can do anything it wants. and yes, spirits have entered people and spirits have slept with people, but those are rare because they must be very powerful, and the person has no protection like the circle, or a charm or shield [barrier surrounding you, not a physical shield]
5) ghosts are everywhere. if you're going out to find them, i suggest starting off working on protection, then learn all you can on spirits. most think cemeteries are best, but not really, few spirits hang around their bodies, and if they do they usually aren't the best to talk to, unless you want to be a ghost psychologist. land with a lot of history normally works.
sorry, hate double posting, forgot to add, there are three types of spirits, a 'ghost' is normally attached to an object or place, a poltergeist is attached to a person [not necessarily a child's spirit] or a spirit isn't attached to anything and just wanders. there is a belief in japan that the spirits [obake] are more active at sunrise and sunset, and if you bump into one it will bite you, so if you have a bruise on you somewhere that doesn't hurt and you don't know how you got it, it's called an 'obake bite'. it's not dangerous or anything, just a neat belief i heard.
A ghost is the life force of a human that hasn't passed on to the spirit world. They always do the same things over and over again, so no, they can't do any of the following things. where as a spirit is the life force of a human that hasn't passed on, that can do anything it wants, from moving the salt and pepper shakers, to killing a person. In the case of a ghost killing a person, which very, very seldom if it ever happens, they do not make the person into a ghost or spirit, that depends on if that person was content or not with his or her life. you can find spirits anywhere, if you find one and you want rid of it, ask it to leave, or drive it out with sage!