My Reserch Paper is about The Superstitious Beliefs of the students in my school... But since, I am having a hard time convincing people to take my survey's, I might as well post it here for extra "Respondents" for my tabulation...
Are you Superstitious?
-Answer should be: Yes, No, or Sometimes...
-ANswer should be: Male or Female...
-Answer should be your age...
Which of the Superstitions below, do you believe to be true?
1. A bird in the house is a sign of a death
2. A loaf of bread should never be turned upside down after a slice has been cut from it.
3. Never take a broom along when you move. Throw it out and buy a new one.
4. If the first butterfly you see in the year is white, you will have good luck all year.
5. An acorn at the window will keep lightning out
6. A dog howling at night when someone in the house is sick is a bad omen.
7. It?s bad luck to leave a house through a different door than the one used to come into it.
8. A horseshoe hung in the bedroom will keep nightmares away.
9. If you catch a falling leaf on the first day of autumn you will not catch a cold all winter.
10. Friday the thirteenth is an unlucky day
11. A rabbit's foot brings good luck
12. An apple a day keeps the doctor away
13. To find a four-leaf clover is to find good luck
14. If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck
15. If a black cat crosses your path you will have bad luck
16. To break a mirror will bring you seven years bad luck
17. To open an umbrella in the house is to bring bad luck
18. Step on a crack, break your mother's back
19. You can break a bad luck spell by turning seven times in a clockwise circle
20. Garlic protects from evil spirits and vampires
21. Our fate is written in the stars
22. At the end of a rainbow is a pot of gold
23. Clothes worn inside out will bring good luck
24. Wearing your birthstone will bring you good luck
25. If you blow out all of the candles on your birthday cake with the first breath you will get whatever you wish for
26. To have a wish come true using a wishbone, two people make a wish, then take hold of each end of the bone and pull it until it separates. The person with the longer end gets his or her wish
27. An itchy palm means money will come your way
28. A beginner will always have good luck: beginner's luck
29. A cat has nine lives
30. Eating fish makes you smart
31. Toads cause warts
32. A cricket in the house brings good luck
33. Crossing your fingers helps to avoid bad luck and helps a wish come true
34. It is bad luck to sing at the table
35. It is bad luck to sleep on a table
36. After receiving a container of food, the container should never be returned empty
37. A lock of hair from a baby's first haircut should be kept for good luck
38. A bird that comes in your window brings bad luck
39. To refuse a kiss under mistletoe causes bad luck
40. Goldfish in the pond bring good luck
41. Goldfish in the house bring bad luck
42. For good luck, wear new clothes on Easter
43. If the bottom of your feet itch, you will make a trip
44. When a dog howls, death is near
45. It is bad luck to chase someone with a broom
46. A sailor wearing an earring cannot drown
47. To find a penny heads up, brings good luck
48. To cure a sty, rub it with a gold wedding band
49. Animals can talk at midnight on Christmas Eve
50. A drowned woman floats face up, a drowned man floats face down
51. To drop a fork means a woman will visit
52. To drop a knife means a man will visit
53. To drop a spoon means a child will visit
54. To drop a dishcloth means bad luck is coming
55. If you shiver, someone is casting a shadow on your grave
56. To make a happy marriage, the bride must wear: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue
57. The wedding veil protects the bride from the evil eye
58. Washing a car will bring rain
59. You must get out of bed on the same side you got in on or you will have bad luck
60. Evil spirits cannot harm you when you are standing in a circle
61. A cat will try to take the breath from a baby
62. Warm hands, cold heart
63. Cold hands, warm heart
64. It is unlucky to rock an empty rocking chair
65. To kill an albatross is to cause bad luck to the ship and all upon it
66. Wearing an opal when it is not your birthstone is bad luck
67. Smell dandelions, wet the bed
68. To give someone a purse or wallet without money in it will bring that person bad luck
69. A forked branch, held with a fork in each hand, will dip and point when it passes over water
-Part 3- (Last Part)
What are your favorite Superstitions??
- The Answer could be: The Superstitions that are not given above...