Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram: This was passed down to me by my good friend and priest. I do not know where he got the write up but after doing some research it appears to be accurate. This is used to call upon the angels for protection during a ritual. It protects you from unwanted energy with the divine names of the archangels of God. You do not have to be religious to do this, it can still help you. This ritual should be memorized before doing any workings and should be used daily.
1. Stand in the center of your room facing east. Visualize that you are a tower and the Earth is a tiny sphere below you. Feel yourself to be in the very center of the universe, then look up into space and visualize a sphere of white brilliance. See this light descend to the top of your head.
2. Reach up with your right hand (or dagger) and pull the white light down to your forhead. When you do this, vibrate the word ATAH (ah-tah)
3. Move your hand down your body, feeling the light being drawn down through you in a beam. Touch your breast and move your hand over the groin area, pointing down. Vibrate the word MALKUTH (mal-kooth)and visualize there is now a shaft of light running through you, connecting the light source above your head and to the earth.
4. Touch your right shoulder and visualize that a beam from the shaft of light at the center of your body meets the tip of your finger/dagger and moves out from you right side into space. Vibrate VE-GEBURAH (v'ge-boo-rah)
5. Touch your left shoulder and visualize that this horizontal beam of light extends to the left and passes throught your left shoulder into space. Vibrate VE-GEDULAH (v'ge-doo-lah).
6. Bring both your hands up to your breast and clasp them together, as if praying. Vibrate LE-OLAHM, AMEN (lay-oh-lahm, ah-men). You are now standing in the center of a cross of light that reaches to the ends of the universe. (The vibrated words, known as the kabbalistic cross, translate to: "For thine is the kingdom and the power and glory forever, unto the ages.")
7. Move to the east of your area and trace a large banishing pentagram in the air before you. Visualize it glowing in flaming blue light. Bring your hands up to the sides of your head and point both pointer fingers forward. Take a deep breath, and thrust both of your arms forward as you advance with your left foot (known as the sign of Enter). At the same time exhale and vibrate YOD HEH VAV HEH (yode-heh-vahv-heh).
Feel the energy of this Divine name running through your fingers and into the pentagram. When this is done, move your left foot back to stand straight again, and put your left index finger to your lips, as if you were telling someone to be silent (known as the Sign of Silence), while you keep your right arm extended.
8. Still touching the center of the pentagram with your right finger or dagger, move to the south of your circle and visualize a bright white line forming in the air. When you reach the south you will have created 90 degrees of a circle of white light which will connect with the north when completed. Trace the pentagram as above and once again thrust forward into it with the sign of Enterer, this time vibrating ADONAI (ah-doe-nye). When finished, perform the sign of silence, remember to keep your right arm out before you.
9. Carry the white line of light to the west and repeat the steps of tracing and charging a pentagram there. This time vibrate EHEIEH (eh-hey-yay)
10. Carry the white line of light to the north and repeat the pentagram charging. This time vibrate AGLA (ah-gah-lah)
11. Now carry the white line of light to the east to complete the circle. There should now be four blazing blue pentagrams (one at each corner) of your circle of white light. Walk back to the center of the circle and face east.
12 Once again visualize the giant Kabbalistic Cross within you. Extend your arms to form the cross that is within your body. Look to the east and say "before me, Raphael (rah-fay-el) remember to vibrate the names. Now visualize with your eyes open, that this archangel of air is standing before you. See him as a towering figure dressed in yellow and violet robes. Feel the breeze of the element air in your face.
13. Visualize with your eyes closed, a towering figure dressed in blue and orange robes behind you. Say "behind me, Gabriel (gah-bree-el)" and feel the element of water at your back.
14. Open your eyes and look over your right shoulder while saying "on my right, Michael (mee-chai-el)". After vibrating this name, visualize the archangel of fire in robes of red and green while feeling the element of fire.
15. Look over your left shoulder and say "on my left, Auriel (ohr-ee-el) and visualize the archangel of earth in robes of citrine, olive, russet, and black while feeling the sense of solidity that the earth element brings.
16. Look towards the east again and contemplate the pentagrams around you while saying "For around me shines the pentagram" then visualize a brilliant hexagram within your breast and say "and within me shines the Six-rayed star".
17. To finish repeat the Kabbalistic cross (steps 1-6)