The 3rd eye/ pineal gland/ w/e the heck its called! How do u activate it. I tried the tounge teeth pressur toe thing, and i think it only slightly worked but didn't awake it. More like agitate it. I know there are other things on the site but i'm interested in a way that doesn't require any materials or a simple way of doing it. Also does it dull ur reasoning skill? I hear thats what doctors say but i don't know. Help, plz and thank you.
I should state that it is a good idea to have a firmly established way of Grounding and Centering before you do this.
A simple way to do this is to use the basic Purusha Dhyan meditation. Sit upright in a chair, or in a comfortable cross-legged position on a sofa or, on a cushion on the floor. Loosen your shoulders. Do head half head circles to relax the neck. Close your eyes. Focus attention at the point between your eyebrows. Shift attention to the areas blow for 3-5 minutes each.
Discern experience at each level, then move on:
1) Sense what it means to sit 'here & now.'
2) Become aware of sensations arising from the external environment 'in the now.'
3) Detect sensations arising in the body 'now.'
4) Feel emotions arising 'now.'
5) Recognize thoughts arising 'now.'
6) Reflect on 'I AM' statements, with related thoughts, feelings, & memories.
7) Notice memories and impressions bubble up from the Subconscious.
8) Identify the present sense of time is being recorded in memory.
9) Refocus attention be move through each chakra of the Subconscious mind.
After you have completed the 9 steps above, you are ready to focus attention behind the point between the eyebrows towards the top of your head. You will encounter a presence behind this center that silently observes. Focus more intently on this presence. You will begin to see and feel light emanating from this presence.
Affirm quietly, "the self, the size of a thumb, is seated behind the two eyes. It is self-effulgent light. It is consciousness itself. I am this consciousness." This outlines the attention principle. In a nutshell, its your third eye that expands your vision within when your two eyes are closed. How detailed your visions become begins inside.
For further ideas: