The 3rd Eye is directly related to the 6th chakra and the pineal gland. It is located on the middle of the forehead above the brows and along with the 6th chakra that sets in back of the third eye and the pineal gland, it is the psychic sight of the soul.
In the average person, the pineal gland is atrophied and dormant. Because of centuries of humanity being cut off from practicing power meditation where energy is circulated like blood where it is needed, many areas of the human soul have ceased to function. Another sad result of xianity.
The third eye contains the last of the three knots. Once this knot is open and energy flows through, the crown chakra is easy to open. The third eye contains the astral sight. Through the third eye, astral images are tranferred to the brain. The third eye is also important in telepathy and influencing others. I have found in willing others, thought energy should strongly be directed to the other person's third eye, even though this cannot be seen. The third eye is receptive to energy directed at it.
The third eye, along with the sixth chakra, controls the eyesight, the sinuses and the skin. It is with the third eye that we can see auras, do scrying and see energy. The pineal gland and the sixth chakra are behind the third eye.
The third eye is the front of the 6th chakra. The 6th chakra is where the ida and pingala serpents meet. When the kundalini pierces this chakra, it opens the last of the three knots. A flash of light is often experienced whrn this occurs. Opening the 3rd eye is a major step in consciousness.
About the Dagr/Dagaz Rune and its connection with the 6th chakra and the 3rd eye:
The Dagr/Dagaz Rune corresponds with with the Word trump of the Tarot. The World means completion. When we pierce through the 6th chakra, the 7th is effortless. This is the uniting of the ida and the pingala. Dagaz is also the rune of the moon and the moon represents the 6th chakra and the 3rd eye. Dagr/Dagaz is the rune of completion. "This rune can be compared to the spiritual philosopher's stone. In sexual alchemy, dagaz is the moment of orgasm in which the goal of the working is made real. It is useful in all workings of of an 'alchemical' type, whether they be practical or soley concerned with consciousness."??
Opening the Third Eye
This exercise is done with a specific tone and chant. You need to do this exercise for 4 days in a row. Regular meditation on the third eye should follow to completely open it up and establish an energy uptake. This exercise only gets it going. Further work is needed and must be consistent to reap maximum results.
1. Sit with your back straight.
2. Place your hands in the position as shown in the (photo.http://www.666blacksun.com/6th%20Mudra.gif) Your for people who are right handed, your right hand should make a fist around your left index finger; for people who are left-handed, your left hand should make a fist around your right index finger. The thumbnail should press on the side of the finger as shown, at the spot where the cuticle ends.
When you feel a very faint electrical shock, you will know you have the correct spot. Don't get discouraged if you cannot find it. It should be apparent in those who have naturally stronger auras. What this does is redirect the flow of energy to the third eye.
This mudra can be used at any time during regular meditation on the third eye. Keep this position throughout the meditation.
3. Breathe in through your nose and on the exhale vibrate "Thoth." Thoth is the Moon God and the ruler of the 6th chakra and third eye is the moon. Release your breath slowly through your mouth and vibrate:
TH-TH-TH-TH-OH-OH-OH-TH-TH-TH in one long exhale (vibrate the sound one time per exhale, as with the Yogic "humming breath").
Now this is important. Keep the TH and OH sounding at the same time. You should be making the TH sound all throughout the exhale.
Your tongue will be vibrating between your teeth. It may take a few seconds to adjust this to where you feel it in the middle of your forehead (3rd eye), don??t worry, just keep on going.
Try to get it to the correct vibration where you can feel it in your forehead. This can take some experimenting. Just do the best you can. You may have to try as many as ten to fifteen times or more to get it right.
4. Do the above 4 times in a row and then relax.
5. Now, align your third eye correctly by visualizing it point end facing inside as illustrated at left. The color of the third eye is brilliant white, like a miniature sun.
6. It is very important the above exercise be done for FOUR consecutive days, preferably 24 hours apart. Then it is a done deal and you will have performed the initial step of opening and activating your third eye.
7. After you are finished, it is important to meditate on your third eye to get the energy flowing, this way it will fully open.
Just close your eyes and "look" at the 3rd eye in the middle of your forehead. It is important to relax and not to strain your eye muscles, even though your eyes are closed. At first, there is usually just blackness depending on how active your 3rd eye is, then possibly swirling colors and shapes like a kaleidoscope. Like scrying into a mirror, the colors and shapes will give way to images when you do the meditation long enough and regularly. Remember to keep your gaze soft and relaxed. Feeling pressure here or a knot is normal after the above exercise is completed. This usually diminishes in time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
1. One of the first experiences is a headache or pressure in the center of the forehead. This sensation may also feel like it is originating from within, usually an inch or more beneath the surface of the forehead as it affects the sixth chakra. This is a positive indication the pineal gland is awakening and beginning to function in a healthy manner.
You may also find you can feel this ache or pressure whenever you focus your attention on your third eye or meditate on your third eye. This is perfectly normal and eases with time.
*Some people can experience a migraine lasting several hours. The severity of the side effects will depend on how atrophied your pineal gland is to begin with.