BLACK ONYX - Grounding Stone.
Attuned to Root Chakra - 1st and 5th chakra's.
Astrological: Stone of Leo.
Vibrates to the Number #6
vigor, strength, stamina, constancy, steadfastness, permanence , tenacity, firmness, durability, courage, and self-control.
Enhances self mastery, steadfastness, and determination, setting ones mind to a task. It is grounding stone and can be used to deflect or absorb the negativity of others, and in that way is a good stone for protection from negative forces and influences. More powerful for people in when combined with Amethyst - The Stone of Sobriety.
Onyx helps you become the Master of your own Fate.
* Valuable in difficult or confusing times of our lives.
* Absorbs and flattens emotional intensity. Helps to smooth out the "Roller Coaster Ride" of emotions.
* Protection: A good stone for Entrepreneurs and Inventors, to repel negative energy surrounding other peoples opinions or ideas.
* Detachment: The ancient Egyptians believe that it could cool the ardors of love and actually cause arguments between lovers to the point of separation! Use Onyx for self-protection or to keep away or end unhealthy or bothersome emotional entanglements.
* Letting Go: Extremely helpful to people who are having trouble letting go or releasing the past or attachments and moving on after a relationship has ended, sometimes years past the event.
* Change: Helps release old beliefs and patterns that no longer serve us.
* Visions, and guidance through meditation and dreams.
Excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe. Reduces Sexual desire. Balances and grounds. Not a "healing stone", rather it repels (negative energy).
Usually black or brown with white bands, but can be red, orange, or honey colored.. A type of Chalcedony Quartz.
Physical Healing Properties:
Helpful in treating teeth, bones, bone marrow, blood disorders, feet. glaucoma, epilepsy, and cell damage.