A silver candle
A white candle
A chalice with charged water
A small bowl of earth
4 element candles (red, blue, brown, yellow)
1. Place all your items on your altar and cover them with a black cloth until you are ready to use them.
2. Choose the date and time for the ritual to be performed. (The date of the new moon is the best choice)
3. Clean the area that is to be cleansed thoroughly (washing the floors, etc, etc)
4. Take a shower or bath with scented oils. Envision all the debris washing off your body and allow a complete feeling of cleanliness to come over you.
5. Once you're ready to begin, place the candles in the appropriate compass points. (East yellow, south red, north blue, west brown)
6. Stand before your altar, breathe deeply and light the white candle.
7. Circle your room in a clockwise rotation, lighting the element candles.
8. Use your broom and sweep the circle as you walk inside clockwise and say:
Sweep, sweep, sweep this place
By powers of Air, I cleanse this space
Close your eyes and feel the element of air move within the circle. Return to the altar, pick up the silver candle. Use your white candle to light it, then walk around the circle clockwise and say:
Light, light I light this space
By the powers of Fire, I cleanse this space
Concentrate on fire energy flowing around the circle. Return to the altar and pick up the chalice of holy water. As you walk clockwise round the circle, sprinkle the water with the fingers of your right hand and say:
Liquid, liquid I wash this place
By powers of Water I cleanse this space
Feel the element of water flow in a clockwise direction around the circle. Return to the altar and pick up the bowl of earth. Walk clockwise around the circle, sprinkle the earth and say:
Dirt, dirt as I walk this place
By powers of earth I cleanse this space
Feel the element of earth bringing gifts to the circle. Return the bowl of earth to the altar and move to the centre of the circle. In the Goddess position say:
I now direct the energy of the Universe to forever fill and bless this place.
Feel the energy from your body meld with that of the universe. When the energy begins to dissipate, turn back to the altar lay your hands upon it and say:
This altar is dedicated to the Lord and Lady of Light.
May it serve me well.
If you will not be cleansing any tools you will end the ritual here by thanking the God and Goddess and the elements for their participation in the ritual. Then ground the energy that you have raised by putting your palms to the floor and feeling the sensation being drained to Earth Mother. Then raise your right hand over your head in a counter-clockwise motion, circle it around the room and say:
The circle is open, may it never be broken!
I hope this ritual has helped you, thanks for reading.
~Blessed be~ )O(